Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • iCloud on iPad wants a 4 digit pin -W T F!
  • beamers

Can anyone on here help save Mrs B’s iPad from a fate worse than a fate worse then death (by flame / crushing / explosion / drowning etc) by shedding some light on how I find out / set / reset my icloud 4 digit pin?

I have no recollection of setting a 4 digit pin for icloud at any stage and the request for one has only come to light since trying to turn on access to icloud drive on the iPad. 2 Factor authentication creates a 6 digit code, app specific passwords contain 16 digits (I think).

Good old icloud wants 4 digits.

I’m in the dog house as now Mrs B is unable to get her e-mails on her iPad.

I’ve Googled for an answer but failed to find anything coherent.

Help me STW – You are my only hope.

GrahamS

Never seen it ask for a four digit one. As you say the two-factor security ones are usually six digit.

Do you have other devices that are signed into the same iCloud?

beamers

I do.

iMac – signed in, no problem
    MacBook signed in, no problem
    Sony Xperia – Signed in to icloud mail using an app specific pass generated on the icloud website via the iMac

iPad – Wants this mythical 4 digit passcode.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You’ve set that passcode at some point. You can select 4 or 6 digit codes, but you set it. Without it you’re stuffed. That’s the point of security. What’s the phone passcode? That’s probably the same one.

Frankers
    Free Member

zilog6128

Somewhat old thread, but implies you can change the 4 digit code if you know the master password?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5943569?tstart=0

As above, you or someone must’ve set it at some point and forgotten about it!

beamers

From that apple.com thread:

Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:
    Choose Apple (?) menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details.
    Click Change Security Code to set a new iCloud Security Code.

Nope – that resets are apple ID password (min 8 characters, lower case,uppercase and a number)

Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:
    Choose Apple (?) menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Keychain.
    When asked to enter your iCloud Security Code, click “Forgot Code?”.
    Click Reset Keychain to replace your iCloud Keychain in the cloud with the iCloud Keychain items on your Mac.
    Click Reset to confirm. You will be asked to create a new iCloud Security Code.

Nope – Nothing happens, apart from tick appearing in the check box, when I select keychain.

beamers

And as far setting a four digit pin there are only a very few that I would have used if I had set it. Tried them all to no avail.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘iCloud on iPad wants a 4 digit pin -W T F!’ is closed to new replies.