Icelands approach to the recession, are they really doing well?

Home Forum Chat Forum Icelands approach to the recession, are they really doing well?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Icelands approach to the recession, are they really doing well?
  • kaesae

😆
    http://politicalvelcraft.org/2012/10/09/iceland-dismantles-the-corrupt-arrests-10-rothschild-bankers-then-issues-interpol-arrest-warrant-for-rothschild-banker-sigurdur-einarsson/

I vote we arrest the bankers in this country and tell the global bankers to **** off!

As well as sacking any government that says we should loose out or gives us any crap about cut backs! (austerity measures) WTF? we already have a name for cut backs, it’s eh, cut backs!

Saying that this isn’t Iceland and the people of the UK don’t actually have a say in what happens!

druidh

As long as they are doing sausage rolls at 8 for £1, I’m in!

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

I vote we arrest the bankers in this country and tell the global bankers to **** off!

Yawn……
    Yes arrest the bankers if they broke a law. Arrest anyone who did – maybe take a look at a government that removed regulation and promoted the city and happily took it’s taxes to pay for numerous white elephants without saving any money.

Remove investment banking from the UK and send it somewhere else….

As well as sacking any government that says we should loose out or gives us any crap about cut backs! (austerity measures) WTF? we already have a name for cut backs, it’s eh, cut backs!

Elections?? Of course we should carry on spending money we don’t have on stuff. At no point should we stop or consider what is value and what is crap.

After a decade of uncontrolled house price inflation hugely irresponsible borrowing (lending is only half the story) the UK is in the sh*t. Time to MTFU and deal not try to whine on about it.

nealglover

The stuff in the Link you posted is quite suspect. (Made up ?)

Iceland’s special prosecutor issued an international arrest warrant for Mr Einarsson yesterday, with a description of him as 1.8m tall, 114kg in weight, bald and with blue eyes.

If that’s actually the case, why does the image of the Interpol “Arrest Warrant” shown, have the date 11th May 2010 on it when the story was posted on the 9th October 2012 saying it happened “Yesterday” ?

And why does Interpol not have any record that he is wanted ?

http://www.interpol.int/Wanted-Persons

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

The stuff in the Link you posted is quite suspect. (Made up ?)

It’s on the internet it can’t be made up…

Einarsson was arrested last year

thepodge

When you have a population of 330 thousand passionate people you can do this, but with 60+ million moaners it’s a bit harder

kaesae

Hahahahaha!

So we should accept that the American banksters have the right to collapse the global economy by committing massive fraud and that the banks can rip us off when ever they like and nothing will happen to them.

This will then lead to people believing in the banking system and the economy can then grow stronger and recover.

It’s no wonder to me that we are in a recession and it’s no wonder we are not getting out of it.

I provided some info I didn’t say I agreed with all of it, just that it was relative to Iceland having said **** being a bunch of morons and taking it up the financial butt crack with what equates to a rather large prickly cactus.

Let me tell you how it is that the Icelandic people were able to free themselves from debt slavery. Firstly they do not have a media that are involved in creating a false understanding of what caused the situation and are also owned by the very people that caused the collapse in the first place and secondly they are not fooled by politics or the pantomime that is democracy into believing that they cannot act on their own behalf.

I for one am hoping that Scotland will leave the UK and set up it’s own national bank, I’m also hoping that the people of Scotland will wake up and realize that effective efficient management of resources is the only logical way to live or move forward as individuals and as a collective society.

If that doesn’t work then **** you lot! I’m off to live elsewhere in the world!

franksinatra – Member
    Hey kaesae! Seeing as you are not going to find out the answer to world conflict, why don’t you instead tell us where you got those frames from? You have ignored the question at least 30 times.

I’m off to live elsewhere in the world!

Could you perhaps select somewhere without an internet connection? Please?

IHN

Saying that this isn’t Iceland and the people of the UK don’t actually have a say in what happens!

Other than a general election every five years where you have an oppurtunity to sack the government. However, given that you’d

vote we arrest the bankers in this country and tell the global bankers to **** off!

maybe you shouldn’t be allowed a say.

Premier Icon zippykona
    Subscriber

Kasae for president he’ll get things done.

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

We live in a capitalist society, we cannot survive without banks. If you want to go back to barter and subsistence farming please go ahead. I know I’d be dead quite quickly, literally.

If you want to reform the banks go ahead and support that reformation, we live in a democracy, we had simple institutions called building societies, the general public voted to turn them into universal banks.

People ofter refer to examples like Argentina of how you can walk away from debt and still survive, why don’t you check it out with people who live there, its very impoverished. Iceland is not in great shape, have the Norwegians not bailed them out the place would be empty now, a true wasteland.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I for one am hoping that Scotland will leave the UK and set up it’s own national bank

bless.

CFH – Franksinatra is referring to someone selling bike parts which they shouldnt have been selling and being caught and prosecuted for it.

Whether or not that person knew that the things they were selling were stolen is a different matter altogether and I’m half inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

kaesae – Member
    Let me tell you how it is that the Icelandic people were able to free themselves from debt slavery.

I normally try to avoid these threads, but this comment intrigued me. I am try to reconcile this with:

1. The average household has suffered a 30 per cent fall in purchasing power since 2008
    2. The private sector remains heavily indebted
    2b. household debt levels exceeding 200 per cent of disposable income
    2c. corporate debt 210 per cent of GDP

Which view on Iceland is correct?

atlaz

As long as “things” are sitting at a PC and posting on forums.

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I for one am hoping that Scotland will leave the UK and set up it’s own national bank

A Bank of Scotland? Why not? A Royal one perhaps? I think the essence of it may already be there. And you’ll be pleased to learn that it is a universally well respected beacon of efficiency

Well, if its true that Sir Peter Hampton believes that RBS “could”* leave Scotland in the event of a “yes” vote, it will be interesting to see what Scotland’s new financial landscape will look like.

p.s. loved the way that the headlines made is sound as if could = would!!! So the media manipulation arguments do hold some water!

PeterPoddy

If that doesn’t work then **** you lot! I’m off to live elsewhere in the world!

With an attitude like that I’d rather you left now

What do you do for a job anyway? Can you afford to emigrate?

atlaz

He sells bearings and tools (both not bad really) and used to sell frames of dubious origin and equally dubious finish

Premier Icon molgrips
    Subscriber

Kaesae – you can only arrest people who have broken the law. That’s why we have laws, and not a dictator making stuff up.

You have to understand that, surely?

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

You have to understand that, surely?

kaesae and understanding aren’t on speaking terms.

PeterPoddy

Atlaz, I know mate, I can’t see that paying for a move overseas though. Even if he’s not been paying tax on his earnings……..

piemonster

Binners Sir, your humour is on fine form this morning

Mr Woppit

Let me tell you

No. Now sod off.

atlaz

Got to love that website. Certainly fair and balanced in the finest Fox News sense of the phrase. They have described Janet Napolitano as “Big Sis Bull Dyke” which is most definitely not homophobic. Probably.

Kaesae, your news gathering has reached new lows, something I never expected to say about you given your past attempts

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Icelands approach to the recession, are they really doing well?’ is closed to new replies.