Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Ice swimming – anyone do it?
  • scotroutes

LMGTFY  https://dryrobe.com/

Cheaper options are available.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I can handle down to about 13/14C ie usual scottish summer/autumn temps for a brief time, bugger going any lower than that though!

21 is probably the temp where things start to feel comfortable for me though, below that is just a sliding scale of balticness! 😆

grahamt1980

Sub 6°c in the rivers recently.
    it doesn’t feel bad at all, just making sure you are not in too long is the key

matt_outandabout

That’s some cleft and river there scotroutes….

I think the coldest water and day I’ve managed was a kayak on the Etive – it was so cold air temperature wise our buoyancy aids and gear were freezing solid with ice after each fall. We gave up at the last fall as it was more solid than liquid…

I had a similar day on the Lyon that involved multiple swims for some staff on the January training day, and a proper ‘we are out of here before someone dies of hypothermia’.

IHN

Cheaper options are available

Indeed they are, in MrsIHN’s case a big fluffy dressing gown from TKMaxx

grahamt1980

The only time a dryrobe or similar is important is if it is raining or windy as it def helps.

grahamt1980

6.6°c in the river today, water felt a bit bity

scotroutes

The only time a dryrobe or similar is important is if it is raining or windy as it def helps.

Have you ever been to the Cairngorms?

😂

grahamt1980

Several times, just never been stupid enough to go swimming when up there. It is likely that I will next time I am there though

Edukator
    Free Member

below that is just a sliding scale of balticness! 😆

I’ve never open-water swum anywhere in the UK as warm as the Baltic in Summer. 21°C my last Baltic swim in Germany.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ice swimming – anyone do it?’ is closed to new replies.