Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Ice cream for MTB rides
  • Esme
    Free Member

I went out for an MTB ride on Saturday and got a little bit burnt.
    But I enjoyed a lovely cooling ice-cream from the van by Curbar Edge.

So I am looking for suggestions on where you guys buy your mid-ride ice-creams?

wombat

Duh, from an ice cream van 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Never done this, but I would suggest a general store/corner shop/small tesco etc that sells ice creams would be a great place to start.

Esme
    Free Member

🙄

So where are these mountains with corner shops and vans?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

If I see an ice cream van mid ride I normally stop for a 99. It would be daft not to 🙂

roverpig

Not mid-ride, but if you ever ride the Moray Monster trails, don’t forget to check out the Ice Cream parlour in Fochabers. An awesome selection of ice creams and they don’t seem to mind having muddy mountain bike riders messing up their lovely clean shop.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Leith Hill tower does a nice line in lollies!

jimplops

Gentle pootle along the leeds Liverpool canal can be rewarded with the best ice cream from Fredericks near chorley. Yum yum yum yum

MadBillMcMad

now this might rock your boat, it did for me.

Guy I was with at the weekend, brought along a stainless flask, filled it with icecream from the van that handily happened to be at the start, & then had the audacity to consume the said ice cream all the way around on the ride.

Drac

Spurellis Amble or Morwick Ice Cream pallor on a costal ride.

The wilds up here don’t have anywhere to buy an ice-cream.

MoreCashThanDash

I occasionally stop at the ice cream van half way home on my commutes 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Legendary burger van on top of Caerphilly Mountain eventually turned itself into a rather nice looking hilltop cafe building. Kind of looks like it should be all sustainable and middle class, but it still sells the same quite awful burgers/hotdogs etc. I think they have ice cream too though.

nairnster
    Free Member

Pah, go up a proper mountain, take some cordial in a small bottle. Plenty of ice to make a fresh slushi.

Esme
    Free Member

MadBill’s mate wins, with the thermos 😀
    I have a soup flask . . .

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Any where along the Prom, unless we opt for donuts… 😀

NB this may not be a mtb ride, although there are some interesting rampy bits to go up and down.

stevomcd
    Free Member

The café at the bottom of the lift in La Thuile. Unbeatable!

jeffl

Not had an ice cream at curbar gap but the Citroen café van there does banging cranberry or apricot flapjack.

joshvegas
    Free Member

roverpig – Member
    Not mid-ride, but if you ever ride the Moray Monster trails, don’t forget to check out the Ice Cream parlour in Fochabers. An awesome selection of ice creams and they don’t seem to mind having muddy mountain bike riders messing up their lovely clean shop.

That is information worth kniwing!

matt_outandabout

Guy I was with at the weekend, brought along a stainless flask, filled it with icecream from the van that handily happened to be at the start, & then had the audacity to consume the said ice cream all the way around on the ride.

Pure genius.
    *puts flask in fridge as well*

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Ice cream for MTB rides’ is closed to new replies.