Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ical across several macs?
  • JCornford

I have a mac at work and I’ve just got one at home and I also have an Iphone, does anyone know if there’s a way for them all to work from the same ical calendar?

retro83
    Free Member

sync them all to a google calendar account or whatever the apple ‘cloud’ equivalent is called these days. I share mine between mac, iPhone & android phone in this way, and it works perfectly as far as I can tell. Alarms/reminders work on each device etc.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I use a google mail calendar to do this – means I can sync across my phone, mac and any pc (via the web). There are instructions on the google site as to how to set this up with iCal. Also means you can share calendars with friends colleagues etc

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Isn’t this going to be one of the functions of Lion (new OS)? Wireless, automatic syncing?

EDIT thought it was part of Lion (which it kind of is), but it’s actually part of the iOS 5, which isn’t going to be here until autumn. Don’t mind me…

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

As above:

At the moment you’ll need to use google calendar or similar but once the new iOS release is out it should be all doable without.

MrSmith
    Free Member

mobileme does this but the icloud thingy in lion will replace this, it’s due around the 16th according to rumour sites and is in ‘golden master’ release so the rumours are probably correct

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ical across several macs?’ is closed to new replies.