• This topic has 22 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by trusz.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ibis Ripmo – are they all sold out until next year?
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’m keen to get my hands on an Ibis Ripmo. I’ll consider both the AF and V2. Are they available anywhere before next year? What’s going on Ibis?

submarined
    Free Member

Huge supply problems. I’ve got one (AF) on order, 2pure told me yesterday the next UK delivery is August/September. I bloody hope mine will be in that drop(ordered 2 weeks ago).

There’s also some confusion about what kit they’ll be coming with, I was also told that the UK spec will match what’s now on the US site (i.e. Deore replaced NX) but there are reports of some people in the US being told theirs will come with a Fox 34 Performance/DPX2 combo, which I won’t be happy with at all.

shooterman

Perhaps Ibis should reconsider throwing free bikes at “influencers” like confetti.

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Ah man, what a mess!!!

Looks like I’m unlikely to get my hands on one before winter.

Sad times 🙁

bartesque

Depends on size but medium here in stock

clicky

I have no affiliation with store just helping a fellow stw-er

ogden
    Free Member

Perhaps Ibis should reconsider throwing free bikes at “influencers” like confetti.

Also known as advertising…

muggomagic

There was a L and XL on eBay. One was from biketart (UK shop) and another was via a German bike shop.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333441993677

shooterman

I used to subscribe to that view. Take a closer look.

Also known as advertising…

bartesque

Might be a large here

clicky

Alex

There was a guy on PinkBike asking £2800 for a MK1 frame! With a new front triangle but obviously not warranty.

Mate sold his V2 in a few hours after he advertised it. And that was back in March when there was still some new stock.

Even the V1s weren’t that ‘available’. Mine was quoted as a 2 month lead-time but I was lucky enough to get a cancelled order.

Good luck anyway OP. They are amazing bikes. Worth waiting for (as are the Ripleys!)

twonks

My Mk1 complete bike took 4 months to sort out last year when there wasn’t a problem, so I’d envisage about 6 to 8 months.

One problem is that they come into the UK as components, so the build kits might have half missing etc.

Great bike although sometimes I wish I’d gone for a Ripley.

boardmanfs18

Medium and large Ripmo’s ex-demo in stock at one planet adventure, Llandegla.

Bought my Ripley from them, pleasure to deal with.

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Yeah I noticed this. Giving BKXC a Ripmo seems like effective advertising. He’s popular and it will be used in pretty much every video. Others like Awesome MTB on the other hand, less than 10% of Brian’s subscribers but they seem to get showered with new bikes every few weeks. Not really on when there’s a shortage/long wait for real customers.

c_klein87

did anyone have any joy with getting any restocking info? 2pure don’t reply to emails, not sure any distributors in the uk reply to customers emails……

lawman91

Seems like AF frames are December, V2 frames should be mid-October. Ripleys are now February!

Painey
    Free Member

I was checking out a very nice Ripmo in Rayments Cycles in Brighton at the weekend.

coatesy
    Free Member

Speak to sales at Sunset (02920390883), I know we’ve got a few in the stores, but not sure how many are already sold.

dex78
    Free Member

Startfitness have V2s in stock

tomoza
    Free Member

One planet at Llandegla had a NX RIPMO AF in XL – onyx topaz last week.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I recently bought a DV9 . Some UK suppliers say they have stock and wasted my time emailing them to find they actually dont. Was told next March for my frame . I found one in Germany and 2 at Jenson USA . Jenson never relied to my emails , so Germany had none now. Arrived 4 days later.
    Bought via ebay and a mate emailed them and had other models at the time. Spot on service !

GO CYCLE GmbH & Co. Premium Bikes KG
    Birkhahnweg 5
    48155 Münster

info@gocycle.de
    http://www.gocycle.de

panzerjager
    Free Member

I’ve just received a large frame from Wee bike Hub today, not sure if they have more at the moment but he did say he had a steady stream of them on order.
    I also spoke to Sunset MTB in Cardiff, they have a few complete builds in stock.

tomoza
    Free Member

Oneplanet Llandegla also had some complete build v2’s In stock also

trusz
    Free Member

Another vote for gocycle.de. I bought a frame only from there as all the UK suppliers told me I wouldn’t be able to get one until next March. Couldn’t find an XL in the UK anywhere. Their website looks a bit shonky but don’t be put off. I dealt with a guy called Joerg who was really helpful. Had a few other bits from there as well. Bike yoke dropper and hope headset ready fitted. Delivered 4 days after I made payment.

It’s ended up costing me a fair bit more to build myself but it’s satisfying. Just waiting on a set of wheels to show up and she’s ready to go!

Surprised to see sunset cycles has/had some. I emailed them a few times over the summer and couldn’t get a straight answer about lead time or being able to place an order. I saw they took the ability to order any Ibis bikes off their site the last time I’d looked.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Ripmo – are they all sold out until next year?’ is closed to new replies.