Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ibis mojo sl vs Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon
  • Andy

A mate is looking at getting a longer travel trail bike in addition to his current 100mm travel full susser. Intended use is trail centres and alps (passporte du soleille included).
    He has narrowed it down to either the Ibis Mojo SL or the Carbon Nomad (yeah he wants to go bling!).
    He has had demos on both, but is still undecided. Which would you recommend and why please, plus any observations on sizing? Oh and pics would be good too please 😀

jam-bo

The one with the better warranty.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nomad C Warranty sounded good when I asked.

If he wants to go bling get the nomad the world and his dog seem to rolling round on the mojo, it’ll be the next Orange 5!

Andy

Yeah good point Jam bo. They both seem much of a muchness. SC=2 yrs, Ibis=3 yrs. I did suggest Spesh or Trek to him because of their renowned warrantys

EDIT: But then have heard good stories from both companies on Warranty, although heard Stif can be a pain

NB

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/warranty/

http://www.ibiscycles.com/support/warranty/

vinnyeh

Two very different frames there, with very different frame costs.

A brief ride on both should have been enough to make the decision, given the difference in intents.

A better comparison would have been Nomad with the Mojo HD, and the Mojo SL, or Mojo SL-R with the Blur LTc.

EDIT: But then have heard good stories from both companies on Warranty, although heard Stif can be a pain

MTBR forums for the respective brands are probably the best way to get an idea of what warranty backup is like in the real world- both seem to have great backup, sometimes even for 2nd hand bikes.

Andy

Ah sorry maybe its the Mojo HD he is looking at! Sorry my ignorance of the versions 😳

Andy

Bump for the evening crowd? 😀

shinsplints

Neither will be enough travel for trail centres 😉

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I test rode both and ended up with the Mojo HD (the 160 version) – I would say that for most of the UK stuff it’s too much (not that I am complaining as it pedals incredibly well) – but I use it in the Alps & USA as well, so it serves everything for me.

d45yth
    Free Member

Hi Andy, hope your back sorts itself out. You missed a great weekend, it was good to catch up with the Moroccan group.
    To answer your question though, look here (on STW). I already answered the same question just the other day.
    Anyway, I think Mark is planning another couple of trips throughout the year…maybe see you on one of them? 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ibis mojo sl vs Santa Cruz Nomad Carbon’ is closed to new replies.