Ibis Mojo and Bike Lights?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ibis Mojo and Bike Lights?
  • Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Hi Chaps,

I’m looking at bike lights for the Ibis Mojo, but due to the frame design it’s not proving very easy.

Ideally I want to buy a Four4th Holy Moses – I’ve been in contact with Derick from Four4th, who has been incredibly helpful.

I was planning on using a QR stem mounted battery, but there is an overhang on the frame, so the stem sits slightly closer to the frame than on other bikes.

I was thinking of mounting a battery on the top tube, and using the rubber o-rings to hold it in place, but im not sure there is anough clearance.

Has anyone experience of mounting their lights on a Mojo? I’d be interested to hear.

I know I could just buy an Exposure light, but they are quite pricey, and I really don’t like the multitude of programs in the new lights.

Cheers for the help chaps 🙂

Ricks

ojom

I mount battery packs to my top tube. Otherwise use contained systems so it’s not a problem.

Don’t forget the bottle cage mount underneath

d45yth

Could you not strap the battery to the bars?
    As you’ve said, you could always go for one by Exposure. Are there no deals to be had on last years models? The light you’re looking at isn’t exactly cheap either. Now my lights are all-in-ones, I’d be hard pushed to go back to battery packs too.

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Cheers chaps, the problem with the battery on the bars is that the headtube is oversized, so the stem sits about 15mm into the frame…

Premier Icon rickmeister
    Subscriber

Using ayup’s, lights on the bars and the battery under the top tube in the bomb – bay. Works fine…

Premier Icon rickon
    Subscriber

Cheers Rickmeister, I’ll have to get some dimensions to see 🙂 How have you attached the battery? Velcro? Cable ties?

lungman

As has been said easy way is exposure lights. It’s what I use on my mojo hd. Brilliant lights and so convenient

d45yth

OP – You could always use a King Cage top cap cage mount. It wouldn’t be ideal, but it would work if you use a bottle battery.

Premier Icon dreednya
    Subscriber

Hope HID with battery pack in the ‘hole’ works fine for me. Did put some helicopter tape in there in case the strap rubbed.

Premier Icon philstone
    Subscriber

Got 2 magicshines (872) the batteries fit in the hole, one behind the other..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo and Bike Lights?’ is closed to new replies.