Ibis Mojo Advice Needed Thinking Of Buying One

Home Forum Bike Forum Ibis Mojo Advice Needed Thinking Of Buying One

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Ibis Mojo Advice Needed Thinking Of Buying One
  • Hadge

Yes – a small will be too small. I rode one for a while and I usually ride medium bikes (Turner 5 Spot is my current bike but had Intense 5.5 too) and although I could ride it ok I did feel a little “squashed” in sort of. I rode a medium a while later and felt much more at home on it.

Hadge

By the way I had a Blur – it was a medium too. The medium Ibis I rode had an inline post and 70mm stem (I think) where as the small had a lay-back post and 70mm stem. I’m about 5ft 8ins and I would definitely go for the medium. If you want nip down to BETD Goldtec we have a small you could try and plenty of mediums being built up all the time too.

anthonyb

go with the medium. im 6ft and ride a large. The small would be too cramped for you.

ojom

Agreed – small would be micro wee for you.
    I ride a medium at 174cm and can ride a large happily if needed but medium is better.

heihei

As above, Ibis come up quite small.

RD350LC

Hi
    Ive been up to LEXS near sheffield yesterday to look at a mojo in the flesh and saw large one they had for sale first thing was how small the frame was for a large away had a sit on it seamed ok they also had a medium up stairs that seamed to be better .
    Now I`am about 5ft8″ normally ride either my santa cruz blur small frame or orange 5 small frame I also have a scale 20 medium but seam to like the small frame bike better .
    Would a small mojo be too small I car`nt seam to find a dealer local to me (huddersfield) to have a look at a small framed mojo any advice would be helpfull.
    Mick

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl
    Subscriber

I’ve just got a small and I’m 5’5″ (see my thread). A small will definitely be too small for you.

RD350LC

Thanks for the advice so far what is the main difference between the mojo and the sl mojo and does any one know of anyone selling one .

Also daft question but are they as good as reported in the reviews as I was also looking at whyte E120 and santa cruz blur in carbon.

And now there`s the new HD MOJO come out will every one go for these and there be plenty of used Mojos for sale

psychle

woooo, what’s going on with your text??

Subscriber

what is the main difference between the mojo and the sl mojo and does any one know of anyone selling one .

Weight! Around .6 lbs but check the Ibis website for exact figure. FWIW mine is a standard Mojo and came out at 26.38 lbs including pedals.

anthonyb

look whats just landed in the classifieds. Great spec for the £££. Medium as well.

mojo for sale

RD350LC

Thanks for that seen it but would like a frame but if need be maybe a complete bike

mattyboy24

hey,

give adam at biketart.com a call, he has a medium and a large ibis test bikes and will take you out for a spin.

RD350LC

Thanks for the info mattyboy24 but abit too far need some one in west yorkshire really

2pure

Hi Mick,

Try the dealer search on here

http://www.ibiscycles.co.uk/buytry/find_a_dealer/

should find you someone close by. You can also configure your your mojo to how you like and watch it get ‘built’ on screen. One thing to note is that the Mojo is no more. The SL and HD140 have replaced it.

Cheers
    ran@2pure

Premier Icon AlexSimon
    Subscriber

Hi Ran
    Has the SL changed at all (i.e. beefed up in any area) now that the Mojo has gone?

RD350LC

When I asked up at lexs they said mojo sl comes with the lopes link now fitted as std and also boost valve shock

xanboy

The STD Mojo is now finished and it is just the Mojo SL with extra colours. They have introduced a Mojo HD 140 which is a Mojo HD but with a shorter stroke shock and a different mounting link to reduce the travel.
    I will be ordering a HD 140 tomorrow, I’m after something with a bit slacker than the SL and I want a bolt through rear end and seat post cable guide, and it also has a 1.5 head tube which is a bonus and I can run a tapered fork. I am just trying to decide on the colour.

ma-maracas

Is the “Mojo HD140” the new “Mojo” for 2011?
    Looking on the website Mojo doesnt appear anymore (only on the UK one):http://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/
    http://www.ibiscycles.co.uk/bikes/

ma-maracas

Good shout on the slacker head angle! I had missed that. I think I want the 69degree SL (xc/trail centre) though. Got to be clear to see that sexy carbon?

ma-maracas

The old Mojo was 69degree head angle, the same as the SL – but the new HD140 (which seems to have replaced the Mojo) is 68degrees.

psychle

I will be ordering a HD 140 tomorrow, I’m after something with a bit slacker than the SL and I want a bolt through rear end and seat post cable guide, and it also has a 1.5 head tube which is a bonus and I can run a tapered fork. I am just trying to decide on the colour.

Same here… it’s bloody hard isn’t it? gloss white is lovely, but I worry about it being a ‘fashion trend’. Matte black looks good in the photos (but haven’t seen it in the flesh) and I worry about marks/scratches showing up more in this finish. And Vitamin P… well, it looks tre superb (but again, haven’t seen it in the flesh, and every photo I see of it, it looks different!), but is it a little too ‘look at me’ perhaps?

What colour is Vitamin P anyway? Is it yellow or green? or something else?

The old Mojo was 69degree head angle, the same as the SL – but the new HD140 (which seems to have replaced the Mojo) is 68degrees.

One of the many advantages of the Mojo HD is that you can use the Cane Creek Angleset headset with it, so you can adjust the headangle by up to 1.5 degrees in either direction, so you could dial in the SL’s 69degree HA easily 🙂

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

HD140 is about a pound heavier than the SL, and is a bit longer, slacker, stronger and more expensive, as well as the changes mentioned above.
    SL lost it’s weight over the standard frame by a different carbon layup, carbon dropouts, titanium bolts, no seatpost qr and a carbon shock (now gone). I’m sure I’ve read that it’s going to be cheaper now, as well, but might be wrong.

There’s a lot of new video here.

ma-maracas

ah k! interesting. So that puts the HD140 back in the picture.

There seems to be 1lb different in weight on the bike pages, but under the faq pages on the US site I found this:

Here are the weight savings you can expect to find on the SL.
    Weight savings Frame: 130g
    Weight savings if you use the DT Swiss Shock: 65g
    Weight savings Ti Bolts: 40g
    Weight savings bolt seat binder (vs QR): 45g
    Total = 215g (.47lbs)

*Although not sure if they are comparing that to the old Mojo? Frame weight is only 130g! The rest you could do always do as upgrades.

heihei

One of the many advantages of the Mojo HD is that you can use the Cane Creek Angleset headset with it, so you can adjust the headangle by up to 1.5 degrees in either direction, so you could dial in the SL’s 69degree HA easily

As well as the fact you can run it at 140mm or 160mm with a change of shock & shock mounts, and use forks from 140mm to 180mm.

My Vit P Mojo HD arrives today or tomorrow……not excited at all….much!!

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

Those weights are compared to the standard.

psychle

My Vit P Mojo HD arrives today or tomorrow……not excited at all….much!!

Schweet… whereabouts are you based? Would love to see Vitamin P in the flesh 🙂

As well as the fact you can run it at 140mm or 160mm with a change of shock & shock mounts, and use forks from 140mm to 180mm.

Looks to be a superbly versatile frame to me, which is why I’m ordering one… once I can decide on a colour!!! 😆

ma-maracas

1lb could tilt me towards the “less veratile” SL. I am defo more xc than freeride!

Weenie said wot!! lol

Premier Icon vinnyeh
    Subscriber

heihei, did you buy through headforthehills? Will they be doing the build?
    I’d quite like to see the colour….

gloss white is lovely, but I worry about it being a ‘fashion trend’.

Across just over 20 years of MTBing 75% of my bikes have been white, so if it goes out of fashion it will come back in!

heihei

heihei, did you buy through headforthehills? Will they be doing the build?
    I’d quite like to see the colour….

Yep – frame due in today or tomorrow, and they are building it up for me. Unlikely I’ll get there before Saturday, but even if you do, I’d obviously be happy to hook up some time to see it / test it, assuming you’re local. Just ordered some Twenty20 flats in the same colour!!

mrmojo

RD350LC – That’s my mojo on Classifieds drop me an email if you want to discuss a possible sale.

Subscriber

Second ride on my basic Mojo today, definitely has a short-ish top tube. Lovely being on a full suss again. 8)

RD350LC

e mail sent mrmojo

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Ibis Mojo Advice Needed Thinking Of Buying One’ is closed to new replies.