Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • i5 VivoBook or i7 Zenbook
  • timb34
    Free Member

Going round in circles..

Looking for a 14″ 2 in 1, don’t really want to buy HP and want more powerful graphics than integrated. For all the usual stuff and occasional editing of large docs and short videos.

There are two Asus laptops that fit. Same screen, memory (8GB) and graphics chip (and 8th gen processors)

Zenbook UX461UN (about 1000€) i7, 256GB SSD

Vivobook TP410UR (about 800€) i5, 128 GB SSD + 500GB HDD, slightly thicker and more plasticky than the Zenbook.

200€ more sounds a lot for a marginally faster processor, slightly nicer construction and less storage.

leffeboy

But the storage is ssd for the 256

And you didnt mention ram

I would factor in the cost of Office365 so you can keep most of your files in the cloud and then go for the zenbook based on the SSD.  You’re right about the i5/i7 thing but I like zenbooks and more SSD is nicer

other opinions are available…

timb34
    Free Member

Same RAM (8GB). I like Zenbooks too, but is 256GB really enough?

Cougar

is 256GB really enough

Depends what you’re storing on it of course, but I can’t see why not.  Could always add a USB HDD or something later if needs be.

leffeboy

256 is enough if you use something like office365 so you can store photos in the cloud but still have them available. Pretty much all the laptops i am buying at the moment are 256 as 128 is a bit small. Now that is also will sync your desktop and documents folders its the quickest way to a setup with working backups as well

mattyfez

240 gb sounds plenty, people seem to over estimate how much drive space they need but only you know how much you really need and you can always use an external HDD as they are dirt cheap  If you want an extra 500gb or a TB.

chewkw
    Free Member

Zenbook UX461UN (about 1000€) i7, 256GB SSD

^^^ this one then get another external SSD for storage.

mattyfez

get another external SSD for storage.

Waste of money unless you need ultra fast access, just get a spin drive for external storage or use an old hard drive.

chewkw
    Free Member

Waste of money unless you need ultra fast access, just get a spin drive for external storage or use an old hard drive.

^^^ or this … 😀

timb34
    Free Member

Wow, everyone is saying get the nicer one! Didn’t really think that a 256 ssd would be that much better than a hybrid ssd+hdd . Thanks all

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘i5 VivoBook or i7 Zenbook’ is closed to new replies.