Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I wouldn’t shake his hand either
  • Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50246099

And for this comment he’d get a raspberry blown too

I wonder if people like Hugh Grant think they are part of the elite and they look down on working class people no matter what station they reach in life.”

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Agree with OP. Now moving on cos I’m not interested in either of the twerps. The Irishman looks good though.

Premier Icon MoreCashThanDash
    Subscriber

I’d like to have been a witness to the actual event. 😄

ElShalimo

I wouldn’t shake his hands, who knows where they’ve been. He’s also got the dreaded Tory  cannae-close-my-legs disease

Hugh Grant
    WILL buy a blowjob off an LA streetwalker.
    WON’T shake hands with Tory minister in boris cabinet.

I approve of his standards.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Javid’s stance is that of a man with a very itchy arsehole.

He needs some ointment or an improved personal hygiene regime.

chewkw

Hugh Grant

Third class actor with low moral.

Rob Hilton

Is it always opposite day in chewy land?

I’m not really sure why you need to attempt to demean HG, @chewkw – he’s got a point. The fact that it doesn’t align perfectly with your politics isn’t an excuse for name calling (the same goes for HtS, before anyone accuses me of hypocrisy).

Premier Icon richmtb
    Subscriber

I wonder if people like Hugh Grant think they are part of the elite and they look down on working class people no matter what station they reach in life.”

“I never miss any opportunity to remind people my Dad was a bus driver” says former Deutsche Bank board member

DrJ

Javid’s stance is that of a man with a very itchy arsehole.

There’s a handy saying in Danish which roughly translates as “walk normally even though you’ve shat your pants”. Looks like Javid needs to try that approach

Premier Icon nealglover
    Subscriber

Is it always opposite day in chewy land?

He’s just part of the forum software that will be fixed in the next upgrade.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Politeness is over-rated. Tell people what you think of them. Often. Not that I do of course, I’m far too nice.

Premier Icon bikebouy

Hugh Grant
    WON’T shake hands with Tory minister in boris cabinet.

I approve of his standards.

Me too..

#onelesstory

fasthaggis

There are many hands that I would not shake.

Premier Icon Dickyboy
    Subscriber

Just for being a chancellor who supports Brexit is quite enough for me, along with his pre election spending splurge announcement just yuk yuk and thrice yuk

winston

All Javid is interested in is money and power, just like all those he criticizes.

He just had to work harder to become a tosser but he made it in the end – well done Sajid.

Javid thinks he’s working class? He’s the **** chancellor of the exchequer!

Premier Icon chestrockwell
    Subscriber

Javid thinks he’s working class? He’s the **** chancellor of the exchequer!

Nah he doesn’t, he just thinks the working class are too thick to realise.

PJM1974

A timely reminder that you can filter out unwanted opinions, non-sequiturs and nonsensical posts thanks to the Killfile. To respond simply feeds the everlasting cycle of nonsense.

It seems that former Merchant Banker Mr Javid wanted to use this as an excuse for a bit of otherism again, implying that the “elite” Hugh Grant sneers at “working class people”.

I’m not sure that I could shake the hand of most Tory MPs, let alone that of The Saj. My hand would never feel properly clean again.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Talking of handshakes – any watch “Motherland” – bloke shakes woman’s hand, she says to him “Gosh that’s a weak handshake”! Man, I’d love to say that to some limp handed lettuce shake sometime.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

All Javid is interested in is money and power, just like all those he criticizes.

He just had to work harder to become a tosser but he made it in the end – well done Sajid.

To add to this, though, I sense in him the kind of permanent insecurity that comes from having to strive far too hard to get into the gang or clique or club or whatever and realising, every time, that the rest of the gang don’t really like him being there. Just not quite the right tie, or blazer or accent – every time.

Premier Icon Sandwich
    Subscriber

Mr Javid learning that actions have consequences no matter who you are. Hopefully the lesson will stick but I won’t hold my breath.

Sara Vine also complained of the same thing.

Premier Icon PrinceJohn
    Subscriber

I would shake his hand. But I would stink palm him.

taxi25

Well I think it was rude. I was taught to look your enemies straight in the eye, smile take their hand and start to squeeeeeeeeeeze. But I doubt Grants fopish handshakes would have any affect on a man with a stance like Javid has 💪💪

Third class actor

Patent nonsense. I watched him in ‘A Very English Scandal’ and his acting was better than fine. Remarkable.

Always thought him a one trick bumble-pony before I saw that.

hooli

Why does anybody care what an actor thinks about politics and how is this newsworthy?

He is an actor and knows about acting. If there are any acting related questions, the press should ask him and I’ll listen but his opinion on politics is no more valid than mine or yours.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Why does anybody care what an actor thinks about politics

You seem to be ignoring a **** of a lot of history in that post.

Actors, comedians, musicians – all very much in the public eye and many get involved in political discussions in one way or another. They can actually influence the way a lot of people think. And this has been the case for many decades.

winston

@hooli I think his opinion on press intrusion and phone hacking (the reason he refused to shake the hand) is a lot more valid than yours – that is unless you have also given a large amount of evidence in the Levinson enquiry, joined the board of Hacked Off, helped to fund it and generally brought a huge amount of pressure to bear on tossers like Paul Dacre to reduce the amount of press harassment, ilegal activity and sheer unimaginable heartbreak that hundreds of people are subjected to when they find themselves in the media spotlight and i don’t mean celebs

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2011/nov/21/leveson-inquiry-phone-hacking-dowlers

Why does anybody care what an actor anyone who isn’t a politician thinks about politics and how is this newsworthy?

ftfy

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

I sense in him the kind of permanent insecurity that comes from having to strive far too hard to get into the gang or clique or club or whatever and realising, every time, that the rest of the gang don’t really like him being there. Just not quite the right tie, or blazer or accent – every time.

100% this, and I bet he’s not the only tory who experiences this either (remember JRM being snidey to another MP making a joke about which public school he went to?), eventually you realise there are no cliques, just loose associations with people who may or may not be on your side. To use inverted snobbery is also lame.

Premier Icon llama
    Subscriber

Something about SJ gives me the horn. I’m not sure if it’s that manly wide stance there, or it might be the way he comes across with a total lack of compassion and inability to emphasise with others. I just can’t put my finger on it. Shake his hand? I’d drop to my knees!

Loving how principled everyone seems to be . Totally agree with taxi25 . A handshake means nothing in this kind of situation.

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

Why does anybody care what an actor anyone who isn’t a politician sajid ****’ javid thinks about politics and how is this newsworthy?

Premier Icon thegreatape
    Subscriber

Has anyone ever seen Sajid Javid and Morph in the same room? Makes you think…

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.