Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • I won’t be popping a few quid in the plastic boat any more!
  • Harry_the_Spider

Trolling by the OP, surely. Their strap line is SAVING LIVES AT SEA, no mention of whether they are brown ones.

I’ll be buying something next time I’m in an RNLI shop, actually I would have done it anyway. My daughter has a fine collection of over priced RNLI key rings, note pads and pencil sharpeners, but that’s not the point.

I saw the new Hastings boat last month and what a fabulous piece of kit it is. Didn’t see a pole on it for pushing “the wrong people” back in.

kimbers

Troll or racist?

or both?

zilog6128

unless you’ve switched the giving to another charity, in which case, fair enough

exactly, I’m sure most employees are good guys but there are PLENTY of other deserving charities out there that don’t have a whiff about them.

oldtennisshoes

Edinburgh Defence ++

ajaj
    Free Member

“I actually don’t give anything to Oxfam any more, because of the shit…”

Because of people like this Oxfam have had to drastically cut back on their overseas aid work. Those projects have not been taken up by other aid agencies. The result is that millions of people who might otherwise have access to clean drinking water don’t, and thousands will die from water born diseases like cholera.

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

Open admission of trolling, which is very much against the rules.

I suggest closing the thread and maybe a holiday for Derek. It would need to be inland, obviously, wouldn’t want rescuing by those pesky RNLI folk.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

When was the last time they saved the Queen, eh, eh? Makes you think.

They don’t need to save the Queen…. “God saves our gracious Queen”

zilog6128

Because of people like this Oxfam have had to drastically cut back on their overseas aid work. Those projects have not been taken up by other aid agencies. The result is that millions of people who might otherwise have access to clean drinking water don’t, and thousands will die from water born diseases like cholera.

terrible action has terrible outcome. No real surprise there!

Meanwhile, other needy people in other areas have probably benefited from a re-allocation of peoples’ donations.

MoreCashThanDash

Preferred the other thread to be honest….

IHN

terrible action has terrible outcome. No real surprise there!

Agree, but I think you’re assigning the outcome to the wrong action

jimdubleyou

Interesting… the report post button disappears, I assume, after a post has been reported…

Mister-P
    Free Member

Light blue touch paper? Other colours are available you know.

footflaps

I very much doubt derek realised he was being racist and sure thats not his intent.

I didn’t think anyone on here was that stupid either!

cookeaa

I very much doubt derek realised he was being racist and sure that’s not his intent.

Maybe we should let Derek answer that one for himself, or has the ban hammer already been shown a tad early?

Like all racists He’s as entitled to his opinion, as almost everyone else is to disagree with him…

I suppose I can understand the objection (even if I don’t share it) you though you were supporting an organisation to carry out a very specific, some might say limited, function, but it turns out they have a broader scope…

I suppose it all comes down to how you see British national identity; are we a “Great nation” that tries to do the right thing, lead by example and share our learning and knowledge for the betterment of humanity or an nation of insular, selfish bastards?…. Oh yeah what was I thinking?

DezB
    Free Member

There was a thread from yesterday https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rnli/

This one should be stopped before D_S back pedals into the sea

ads678

I agree, other duplicate threads get closed pretty quickly so why hasn’t this one? Do the mods actually want people to argue??….

gobuchul
    Free Member

There has been quite a few internal issues within the RNLI and it has lost a lot of it’s traditional volunteers.

I spoke with a retired Director of Lifeboats a few weeks back and he has little faith in the new style of “middle management”, which he feels has been taken over by lifeguards, rather than Professional Mariners, i.e. ex-MN and ex-RN officers. He was also rather scathing on the recent TV series.

A fisherman I know, left as he felt he was being pushed out as the RNLI would rather have the publicity of stories of a dentist/shopkeeper/postman rescuing a fisherman than the rather non story of a fisherman rescuing a fisherman, despite losing a lot of hard won experience and knowledge.

It may be the Changing World we live in but the RNLI has changed a lot recently and a lot say not for the better.

Funnily enough, neither ever mentioned this overseas funding thing.

cookeaa

This one should be stopped before D_S back pedals into the sea

Don’t worry, if that happens The RNLI will probably save him…

rossburton
    Free Member

Royal National Lifeboat Institution

As anyone who has watched Saving Lives At Sea knows, the RNLI have operated on the Irish coast forever too. Don’t see anyone screaming at that: I guess that’s the right sort of foreign?

Drac

I spoke with a retired Director of Lifeboats a few weeks back and he has little faith in the new style of “middle management”,….

Sounds very disgruntled.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I apologise for a tedious troll. Didn’t realise it was a banning offence though.

I will donate £5 to the RNLI as penance*.

*seriously.

Drac

I apologise for a tedious troll. Didn’t realise it was a banning offence though.

Wouldn’t it be just great if everyone on here was as funny as they think they are?

rt60
    Free Member

They don’t need to save the Queen…. “God saves our gracious Queen”

Just not on a surfboard!

Pook

Royal National Lifeboat Institution

franksinatra

A fisherman I know, left as he felt he was being pushed out as the RNLI would rather have the publicity of stories of a dentist/shopkeeper/postman rescuing a fisherman than the rather non story of a fisherman rescuing a fisherman

Lets just file that in the Conversations That Didn’t Actually Happen box shall we?

maccruiskeen

Tanzania is a nation too.

No its not, Its a tanning salon in Salford.

wwaswas

Where’s surfmatt when we need him?

maccruiskeen

The RNLI will probably save him…

then Greenpeace will try and shove him back in the sea again.

🙂

Drac

Where’s surfmatt when we need him?

He’s ChristianSurfMatt these days.

Cougar

other duplicate threads get closed pretty quickly so why hasn’t this one? Do the mods actually want people to argue??….

Because as astonishing as it may be, we do actually have day jobs. I’ve only just seen this.

Closing as a duplicate (and an intentional troll, don’t do it again or you will receive some time off, you’ve been here long enough to have had time to read the site T&Cs.)

RNLI

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘I won’t be popping a few quid in the plastic boat any more!’ is closed to new replies.