Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • I won’t be popping a few quid in the plastic boat any more!
  • derek_starship
    Free Member
    bob_summers

Don’t worry, I’ll put a bit extra in on your behalf

nedrapier

BRACE, BRACE, Derek.

richmtb

Breaking News: RNLI spokesman claims new scheme to stop total arseholes giving them money is “complete success”

perchypanther
    Free Member

I won’t be popping a few quid in the plastic boat any more!

Setting up a direct debit? Well done.

tjagain

Also as a result of that disgraceful racist campaign by the mail subscriptions are up massively.

andybrad

Tell you what il pop another quid in fr you. That should cover you for the next 5 years donations youd normally give ?

Its a charity that saves lives.

its worth donating to.

Unless you think that peoples lives from other countries arnt worth it?

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

They use some of their donations to fund overseas projects to prevent people drowning and at the same time provide a world class free rescue service around the coast of the UK.

Worth a few quid if you ask me.

#readpastthecontentiousheadline

jimdubleyou

I hear they rescue anybody in difficulty too – even foreigners!

GOBSMACKED.

Good job not everybody is an areshole…

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/sep/16/rnli-donations-surge-tory-criticism-work-overseas-lifeboat-charity

derek_starship
    Free Member

Royal National Lifeboat Institution

nedrapier

“anti-drowning” measures.

Love the quotation marks. Classy.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Teaching people to swim? It’s not very capitalist is it? If they keep doing that they’ll be out of a job.

Why cant they focus on fetching working class people back when their inflatable flamingo gets blow out to sea, or corralling middle class once a year surfers on Cornish beaches?

scotroutes

Guess what – they cover Ireland too…

IHN

When was the last time they saved the Queen, eh, eh? Makes you think.

richmtb

The Times aren’t even trying that hard.

The Daily Mail have done a much better story complete with a picture of brown children in funny swimsuits.

I guess Times readers are even easier to trigger

Nico
    Free Member

British Army

Klunk
    Free Member

do love a good cock filter

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Id like to think my nationality gave a shit about people beyond its own crumbling doorstep.

bob_summers

So you used to donate to the RNLI without understanding what they actually do, now you’re going to stop doing so because of reasons you haven’t understood either

Life must be incredibly confusing for you.

orangespyderman

I suspect they’re only teaching those kids to swim so they can then cross the ocean to reach the UK and steal all the jobs.

It’s treason!

/sarcasm…

nickjb
    Free Member

Don’t give to Oxfam either. Apparently they are helping people outside Oxford now and you don’t even need to be a victim of a famine. GOBSMACKED

tomd
    Free Member

It will blow your mind when you hear what those traitors at the

British Standards Institute have been up to.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s treason!

But if they can swim they wont need saving, so in the long run its a cost saving measure for the rnli.

</capitlist sarcasm>

vinnyeh

I’d almost begun to believe that derek_starship was a reformed character…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tanzania is a nation too.

philjunior
    Free Member

Yeah, I for one am disgusted that they spend 2% of their money sharing good practice worldwide to reduce deaths in other countries. I mean it’s a scientific fact that foreign parents and children are less affected when their children and siblings drown as the melanin in their skin stops them being real humans, right?

Oh hold on, no I’m not as I’m not an idiotic psychopath.

dogbone

Today I shall feed the Troll a single;

‘!’

Klunk
    Free Member

they are no longer going to rescue past the 12 mile limit from now on. thanks derek. you’ll have to call IR.

spawnofyorkshire

Help me remember; is the OP being a bit pisstakey or is he one of the frothing-mouthed keyboard warriors from the Brexit thread?

tjagain

just a bit hard of thinking I guess

batfink
    Free Member

frothing-mouthed keyboard warriors

I believe they prefer “swivel-eyed looneys”. Although I prefer “intellectual midgets”

zilog6128

Don’t give to Oxfam either.

I actually don’t give anything to Oxfam any more, because of the shit that their people get up to whilst abroad.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Superb guys down on the beach every day in trebarwith this year. Even though my kids are good swimmers I feel so much more confident with them having that extra protection. I will continue to support!

Klunk
    Free Member

also they will only save if you have two forms of Identification as proof of Britishness.

footflaps

I’d almost begun to believe that derek_starship was a reformed character…

I assume he’s just trolling.

No one, on here, can be that racist…

IHN

I actually don’t give anything to Oxfam any more, because of the shit that their people get up to whilst abroad.

Thing is, the undoubtedly appalling shit that some of their people got/get up to is far outweighed by the very, very good work that the vast majority of their people get up to. Stopping giving is a bit of a baby/bathwater situation* (unless you’ve switched the giving to another charity, in which case, fair enough)

*luckily the RNLI will step in here

captmorgan
    Free Member

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/rnli-donations-drowning-lifeboat-charity-a9107886.html

The RNLI’s priority is to provide the very best search and rescue service in the UK and Ireland, but we are also proud to use our expertise, knowledge and influence to help others save lives across the world, particularly in countries where drowning rates are high. Our founder, Sir William Hillary, had the vision that we ‘should extend our views [of drowning prevention] from our own immediate coasts, to the most remote quarters of the globe, and to every neighbouring state’. This remains relevant today.[/QUOTE]

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2019/september/15/information-about-the-rnlis-international-work

hols2
    Free Member

When was the last time they saved the Queen, eh, eh? Makes you think.

It’s much harder to make me think than you assume.

tjagain

I very much doubt derek realised he was being racist and sure thats not his intent.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Me frothing? Tee hee.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘I won’t be popping a few quid in the plastic boat any more!’ is closed to new replies.