Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 253 total)
  • I wonder if she thinks it was a life well lived.
  • wwaswas

Sat on a bench in the park watching children play. Do you think “Well, I’m glad I did all that” or do you jsut wonder “What if I’d just spent more time with my family?”

binners

I wish she’d have spent more time with her family. I doubt Dennis would have agreed though

joao3v16
    Free Member

Like her or not, the one thing about Maggie Thatcher’s time as PM is that she made her decisions and stuck to them, rather than all the fannying about we see from the current crop of drippy politicians who appear to be more interested in being ‘popular’ than anything else.

wwaswas

made her decisions and stuck to them

Poll Tax 😉

hora
    Free Member

She looks soo old now 🙁

You can still see the steel in her eyes/countenance though.

joao3v16
    Free Member

made her decisions and stuck to them

Poll Tax

Ok, I was generalising … she wasn’t nick-amed the Iron Lady for nothing though

binners

The banality of evil, eh?

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

You can still see the steel in her eyes/countenance though.

Think you’ll find it’s more of the dispassionate look that countless evil sociopaths throughout history have displayed.

MSP

Like her or not, the one thing about Maggie Thatcher’s time as PM is that she made her decisions and stuck to them, rather than all the fannying about we see from the current crop of drippy politicians who appear to be more interested in being ‘popular’ than anything else.

I disagree, she set the mold for current politicians, forcing through ideology despite the evidence of results. I for one would be much happier with more thoughtful considered politicians.

wwaswas

Think you’ll find it’s more of the dispassionate look that countless evil sociopaths throughout history have displayed.

I thought she was just realising that her incontinence pad was failing to live up to expectations.

binners

Anyway.. George ‘there is no Plan B’ Osbourne is surely the epitome of the Thatcherite ‘Ladies not for turning’ cobblers.

The economy is going down the tubes. Shall we do anything about it? No. Just more of the same. la la la – I’m not listening!!!

fuzzhead
    Free Member

i expect she thinks she was a kickass PM, but given how her kids have turned out, I also expect she feels a tinge of regret.

hoodie
    Free Member

“Well at least they wont be getting any free milk later”

joao3v16
    Free Member

I disagree, she set the mold for current politicians, forcing through ideology despite the evidence of results. I for one would be much happier with more thoughtful considered politicians.

I don’t mind thoughtful/considered.

But the resent lot seem to give more thought and consideration to which policies/decisions will be most popular, rather which are the best ones to make for the country.

trailmonkey

is she thinking ‘hmmmmm lunch’ ?

yunki
    Free Member

I imagine that she wishes she’d spent more time in the pursuit of hedonistic pleasures..

tomhoward

I think you’ve all forgotten her greatest achievement.

Mr Whippy ice cream.

konabunny
    Free Member

the one thing about Maggie Thatcher’s time as PM is that she made her decisions and stuck to them

Well, I suppose that’s one way of looking at it. Another way of looking at it is “she applied the same simplistic pigheaded approach to everything and alienated her colleagues and supporters alike”.

rkk01
    Free Member

Agreed

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Given that she has fairly advanced multi infarct dementia I doubt there is actually much going on in her head at all

billyboy
    Free Member

……………and it won’t get any better.

konabunny
    Free Member

I reckon she probably regrets directing Death Wish 3.

globalti
    Free Member

She probably gave up playing with her son when he kept getting lost in the garden.

veedubba

I thought Barbara Cartland was dead

mudshark
    Free Member

Whatever, she made a huge impact on our world, I guess she’s happy with that.

hora
    Free Member

I think you’ve all forgotten her greatest achievement.

Some angry and bitter men who probably blame their lives and divorces on what she did during their childhood in the eighties? 🙄

richmtb

Put it this way she will be remembered after she is dead. Which is more that can be said for most of us.

konabunny
    Free Member

Put it this way she will be remembered after she is dead. Which is more that can be said for most of us.

That’s just a silly thing to say. There are plenty of people who are remembered after their death. To be remembered for being particularly awful, for example, is much less than can be said for most of us.

wwaswas

Is ‘being remembered’ the best way to judge a life?

I’d say ‘being a decent human being and trying your best for your family and freinds’ is probably a better way to live.

Myra Hindley’s remembered…

therealhoops
    Free Member

she’s more machine now, twisted and evil

MSP

Just like Peter Sutcliff, Fred West, Pol Pot etc. etc.

richc
    Free Member

the one thing about Maggie Thatcher’s time as PM is that she made her decisions and stuck to them

That is so, so not true. Which proves how good she was at manipulating the media

mudshark
    Free Member

being a decent human being and trying your best for your family and freinds

Maybe she thinks she was?

hora
    Free Member

Put it this way she will be remembered after she is dead. Which is more that can be said for most of us

If she had folded/conceded in 82 where would we be now?

wwaswas

Maybe she thinks she was?

I didn;t say she didn’t think that, I was comparing ‘being remembered’ as a life goal vs wot I sed.

MSP

If she had folded/conceded in 82 where would we be now?

Living in a more equal society!

wwaswas

where would we be now?

much the same place, probably.

I can’t see that other western european countries that didn’t ‘benefit’ from her term in office are significantly further ahead/behind of us vs where they were 30 years ago?

Coyote
    Free Member

I think you’ve all forgotten her greatest achievement

Which was…

al2000

“Tony Blair and New Labour.”

According to her.

richmtb

I guess the point I was making was that she will be “judged by history”.

In fifty years time when we look at politics in the 20th Century what names will be remembered?

Churchill? Definately
    Wilson? Maybe
    Thatcher? Certainly
    Blair? Well lets hope not!

I’m sure during her brief moments of clarity she probably does think it was a life well lived.

We can all argue amongst ourselves whether we think she is right or not.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 253 total)

The topic ‘I wonder if she thinks it was a life well lived.’ is closed to new replies.