Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I wonder if farmers will be declaring to HMRC
  • iolo
    Free Member

based on all this camping/Caravan/parking revenue received based on this race passing their land?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

most will be yes, why wouldn’t they? As small business people they are used to completing tax returns.

poah
    Free Member

what race?

br
    Free Member

Why would you think that this income was any different to other income they get (from the land)?

iolo
    Free Member

The question is “all”. I’m sure a percentage will be declared but I’m just a cynical old goat.

anagallis_arvensis

Anything else you’d like to moan about?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

iolo – Member
    The question is “all”. I’m sure a percentage will be declared but I’m just a cynical old goat.

I’m sure some have the morals of the Tax evading scum on here importing while evading import duty and VAT on bike components but I tend to find farmers are a little more honest than a lot of people.

CountZero

What about private individuals letting people use spare driveway space, or use areas of land for caravans or camping?
    Are you going to query their financial set-ups with HMRC?
    Seeing as farmers run businesses that are closely scrutinised by tax officials, whereas private individuals aren’t, I can only assume that you have some massive chip on your shoulder about farmers.
    You wouldn’t happen to believe that all farmers are millionaire, Tory-voting scum, by any chance?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Cant see the economy suffering too much if a bit of spare cash is spent down the local or on another new range rover can you ?
    Or would you rather give it gidders to aleviate the tax burden for his rich oppo`s !

Dont forget the farmers are the guardians of the countryside, thats why they scatter rusting containers and jcbs all over it 😆

iolo
    Free Member

I can only assume that you have some massive chip on your shoulder about farmers.
    You wouldn’t happen to believe that all farmers are millionaire, Tory-voting scum, by any chance?

I have no chip whatsoever about farmers and come from a welsh farming family.
    Just a question.
    I’m definitely not Tory, actually I’m not sure which political persuasion I am as they’re all useless.
    EDIT: I don’t think I’m scum

marky29er
    Free Member

Hopefully they wont. The gov steal enough as it is to spunk on foreign aid, social security & their own pet projects.
    I’m all for retaining as much money as possible!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hopefully they wont. The gov steal enough as it is to spunk on foreign aid The NHS, social security[b]Education[/b] & their own pet projects[b]the Police & Fire Brigade[/b].

FIFY

ninfan
    Free Member

What about the Farmer that I know who turned his field over to the Parish council, so that they could use it for camping and car parking? Does he have to declare the money that went to the local community as a charity donation or can the parish just keep it?

ninfan
    Free Member

double post, don;t know how that happened. 😳

Lifer
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

They should not be taxed for this period of time. End off.

Don’t care even if they can earn billions out of these few days.

🙄

MrSmith
    Free Member

So what do you think the yearly total in £’s is for the biscuits/beer/cake given to LBS’s and do you think that value is greater than the takings for one weekends camping in some Yorkshire farmers fields on the TDF route?

I don’t really have a problem if neither declare the income/payment in kind.

benji
    Free Member

I hope they don’t declare it, it’s about time the big businesses that negotiate massive discounts with HMRC pay exactly what is owed before we start with the smaller people.

chewkw
    Free Member

benji – Member

I hope they don’t declare it, it’s about time the big businesses that negotiate massive discounts with HMRC pay exactly what is owed before we start with the smaller people.

Exactly. As we know the govt will only bully the smaller people because they do not have the means to fight back, whereas big businesses simply show them the two fingers.

All those bureaucrats are targeting smaller people because they can …

MrSmith
    Free Member

Anyone who has ever purchased a coffee from Starbucks or anything from Amazon.co.uk can’t really grumble about a few quid in the back pocket of a farmer.
    4.2m tax on 4 billion? A sense of perspective is needed.

monksie
    Free Member

Chewkw. Having finally been persuaded to give it a rest with the maggot zombie boring repetitive thing, be a good lad and do the same with the ‘bureaucrat’ bollocks will you. Thank you very much.

bearnecessities

^^ Lolz 😀

Odd thread, mind you.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

This thread was intended as a dig at yorkshiremen and farmers wasnt it. Did the two of them invent copper wire when they were fighting over a penny? 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wanmankylung, the reason the crowds were so big was that it was in Yorkshire. And it was free.

bearnecessities

How bloody dare you start a sentence with “and”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that a question that doesn’t end with a question mark? How quaint.

😉

bearnecessities

It was a statement, no inflection inferred; I’m not bloody French!

Hope baby CFH is doing well BTW.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

CFH – that probably explains why there were no cars littering the hillsides. Everyone walked or biked there because fuel is so expensive.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I wonder if farmers will be declaring to HMRC’ is closed to new replies.