Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I will revert
  • maccruiskeen

When did people start reverting?

“Thanks – just checking with ********** if this availability suits schedule and will revert asap.”

Never been reverted at in my life before two weeks ago, now both me and Ms Maccruiskeen are getting reverted at from all quarters.

glenh
    Free Member

Myself and a few friends of mine have been taking the piss out our colleagues about this for years.

“pls implement fix and revert. rgds bob k”

ourmaninthenorth

You’ve clearly never spent much time with lawyers who are so busy reverting they have little time for anything else.

ourmaninthenorth

Myself and a few friends of mine have been taking the piss out our colleagues about this for years

And presumably the same colleagues snigger and wink at each other knowingly whenever they hear an adult say “Myself and….”.

maccruiskeen

You’ve clearly never spent much time with lawyers

Lawyers might be the answer. Ms Maccruiskeen has been corresponding with a former Procurator Fiscal and I’m working with a TV production co on a project that will be sold to every territory with an internet, and subsequently dripping with clearance issues, and the lawyers have clearly contaminated the whole production staff.

Obviously I’ve not really had to play with the grown ups before.

donsimon
    Free Member

And presumably the same colleagues snigger and wink at each other knowingly whenever they hear an adult say “Myself and….”.

😀

wwaswas

what really, really annoys me is people

‘reaching out to…’

grrrrr!!!

‘I’m just reaching out to you to see what you think about x’

No you’re not you’re sending me a flippin’ email asking for an opinion you mush brained imbecile.

*and breathe*

glenh
    Free Member

I doubt it. I’d never say that. 8)

peterfile
    Free Member

You’ve clearly never spent much time with lawyers who are so busy reverting they have little time for anything else.

Other ones which seem to pop up in every sentence in an email:

in respect of

in relation to

scaredypants

you could revert to childhood and tell them that their bum smells and your dad is mohammed ali

GrahamS

“pls implement fix and revert. rgds bob k”

Hmmm…

revert (verb): to return to a former and usually worse state, practice, way of behaving, etc (Chambers)

“k np bob. now thoroughly reverted 🙂 “

MrGrim

My offshore colleagues regularly finish an email with “Please revert and do the needful”. I like starting infinite “please revert and do the needful” loops. No, you revert and do the needful.

toby1

Ah MrGrim – the phrase ‘Kindly do the needful’ – takes me back to my early days of working with offshore team. There must be one person kicking round who is responsible for that.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I will revert’ is closed to new replies.