Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • I wholeheartedly agree…. (sexist sky commentators content)
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I spend plenty of time here Loddik and I don’t care if you’re impervious to criticism or not. You’re an ignorant narrow-minded bigot.

Oh stop it. Now you’re just making me blush…

Lifer
    Free Member

Are you Jim Davidson?

loddrik
    Free Member

Yes, yes I am Jim davidson. 🙄

I bet you’ve got all Kate Hudsons films haven’t you…

iDave
    Free Member

loddrik, is it horrible being trumped on all counts by ‘the weaker sex’

Lifer
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    Yes, yes I am Jim davidson.

I bet you’ve got all Kate Hudsons films haven’t you…

I don’t know what you’re trying to infer from that. Because I’m not a bigot I must like the films of Kate Hudson? Don’t understand the connection.

ourmaninthenorth

Theywould just leave a big fella up by the goalie perhaps 3 or 4 [goal hanger]

This was the criticism laid at hockey when first the offside “trigger” point was moved from the half-way to the 25 yaerd line, and then removed altogether.

All that happened to teams that left a player hanging about near the goalkeeper was that s/he was effectively excluded from the game.

and just hoof it to them meaning the ball would always be in the air. the game wouold be less skillful and less entertaining.

I often cycle past some sunday league pitches. I’d say that was a fair assessment of what goes on right now.

warton
    Free Member

I often cycle past some sunday league pitches. I’d say that was a fair assessment of what goes on right now.

come on, comparing sunday league and premiership is like comparing you to Bradley Wiggins

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Because I’m sexist.

No, I’m sexiest!

Lifer
    Free Member

What’s wrong with being sexy?

kimbers

oh come on loddrik is just trolling

id love to see keys and gray especially go as i cant stand him

but it being sky i doubt they are even mildly concerned – murdochs sun calls it a ‘quip’ and generally makes light of what are some nasty comments
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3367178/Sky-football-pundit-Andy-Gray-tapes-mouth-shut-after-sexist-gaff.html

of course the best part is the 2 muppets were proved to be completely wrong as kenny didnt go mad and she upheld the rule perfectly by all accounts

Cougar

I don’t know what you’re trying to infer from that.

I think the implication is that you’re an uphill gardener. Sexist -and- homophobic, woo.

kimbers

theyve been put in the naughty corner for tonights game!
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/24/richard-keys-andy-gray-sexism

loddrik
    Free Member

I think the implication is that you’re an uphill gardener. Sexist -and- homophobic, woo

The strange thing is, I am not remotely homophobic, which is more than can be said for many on here…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Pair of idiots. Speshly nice to see Sian Massey prove them spectacularly wrong, too. Absolutely perfect decision, but probbly quite tricky to make, as Merrylees moved so quickly once the ball was played.

Ooh, Shelvey should’ve stuck that one away though eh? Gilt-edged chance, following a stunning bit of play. See Torres’ pass out to Merrylees again I think? Beautiful. Then a perfect pass right into Shelvey’s feet, and a very disappointing finish. Oh well.

Actually quite shocked to see Liverpool play so well, after months of rubbish. Defence needs sorting though. Need Carra back, for sure. And Poulsen is far too lightweight in midfield; makes Lucas look great. Decent striker to take the pressure off Torres, get Babel to pull his flippin’ socks up and start making some effort, Charlie Adam looks an increasingly likely acquisition, and a concerted push to finish as high up as possible. Europa League win would rescue something from this otherwise miserable season.

So far under Kenny, Liverpool have played with more confidence than they ever did under Woy. Good to see. Let’s hope it’s not a false dawn though.

kimbers

i also like the fact that kenny asked sky reporter in todays press confrence whether he minded that there were women present

chewkw
    Free Member

Not sure about the – look at me I am Karen Brady I am loaded and I step on you maggots.

Sawyer
    Free Member

I really hope this means I’ll never have to listen to that tool Richard Keys chatting his usual anti-Arsenal bollocks.

MartynS

I just think its hilarious, Know it all Sky Sports jocks proved to be complete arses. She just wouldn’t be a touchline judge without a total understanding of the rules including the offside rule.
    There is no reason at all why there couldn’t be a completely female refereeing team.

However teaching a woman the merits of a good forward defensive stroke would be a lot trickier…..;-)

CountZero

Karren Brady I really don’t know much about, but I read that some time back a player on her team made some smartass comment about her cleavage, and she responded saying he’ll soon be playing for a smaller club and won’t be able to see it any longer, which amused me.

Hairychested
    Free Member

cover the ball with your stick during the tackle, or bring the ball under your body during the tackle (all obstructions) then you’re fine.

Can you say it and keep your face straight?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

For a woman to get to a such a position within the mens’ game shows that massive strides have been taken within ofootball. something to be really proud of, I think. The attitudes of these two idiots is totally disrespectful and undermines all the hard work done by Sian Massey and all other female officials, to get to where they are on merit.

I think they should make a massive public apology to her face, chunky donation to a charity of her choice, and be forced to wear tops with ‘Sexist Pig’ written on them for a year. And be sacked. 🙂 It would be poetic if the only jobs they could then get would be commentating on Womens’ footy…

Apparently Babel is now going to Hoffenheim. We’ll see on Thursday.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hooray – did I just hear correctly that Gray has had his contract terminated?

EDIT: Indeed I did!

Not sure why I’m celebrating really – I don’t watch SkySports anymore but by Christ, he wound me up so much when I did.

Woo hoos all round.

samuri
    Free Member

I must have missed something. They’re a pair of knobs clearly but this was what they thought was an off-mike comment between themselves was it not? I mean that’s a fairly unprofessional mistake to make but the dialogue between them was just that, between them.

Watch loose women if you want to see overt sexism. All us blokes are thick, lazy, useless round the house and crap in bed not to mention not being able to multi-task. And yet none of those women have been punished.

Or as above somewhere, there’s loads of adverts that are incredibly sexist, to both sexes.

Was it really that offensive? She proved them wrong so who’s laughing now?

jj55

I’ve lost count of the number of adverts on TV that portray men as described by Samuri!

kimbers

the problem is it wasnt between them it was between them, everyone in the studio and everyone in the editing room etc
    they knew they were miked up its not like theyve never done a broadcast before – chatting away for the benefit of the lads (& lasses) on the studio floor and teh edit room – but someone took the recording and shopped them for it

i doubt thats why he was fired though- murdochs just trying to make his empire look half decent so he can gobble up the rest of bskyb although with the sun up to its eyeballs in court cases and ilegality youd think they wouldnt have a hope in hell anyway

coffeeking
    Free Member

What a sad world we live in. Such stupid childish remarks from grown men and people on a forum who find it entertaining to purposefully cause arguments with stupid comments designed to inflame. Both need to take a step back and re-evaluate their thought processes and reasoning.

ads-b
    Free Member

Digusting behaviour by the pair of them. Belittling women to make them feel bigger. School ground behaviuor. No place for that in a proffesional working environment.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

All you PC brigade make me grin, so it was sexist, so what?
    I enjoy a laugh with the boys, my wife enjoys a laugh with the girls, it’s all belittling, it’s all just normal behaviour by adults that have gotten to a point in their lives where they are comfortable with who they are, life is life, he was just having a chat with his mate, they were obviously laughing to each other throughout, get over it.

🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

it’s all just normal behaviour by adults that have gotten to a point in their lives where they are comfortable with who they are

I disagree entirely, and I’m perfectly comfortable with who I am. I see no need to generalise about all women’s skills to make a joke, but if I were a comedian and pointing out general traits in a comedy show then maybe it’s more excusable, or if between two specific people discussing each others faults, fine. But to suggest all women are too stupid to understand simple rules seems a tad odd, very unprofessional and very childish. Maybe you enjoy childish sniping remarks with your other half, but I would hope most would try to rise above that sort of humour.

Just put in some other “joke” and see if it’s funny. “black people can’t add up” etc etc.

As a bloke who hates football I don’t understand the off-side rule, but I’ve no doubt I COULD if I chose to read about it. Suggesting I couldn’t would be highly insulting. If I were a ref, suggesting I don’t would be suggesting I couldn’t, and so follows the same logic. Trying to justify sexism/racism etc as “just banter” is a bit pathetic on a few levels IMO.

pjbarton
    Free Member

The banter argument falls down because he wasn’t joking. We all make jokes, I might make crappy remarks about women knowing their place, tied to cooker etc – lazy and unfunny but comments made in jest. But Gray really believes women shouldn’t be in football, and that she really couldn’t understand the offside rule. It certainly seems that way. A total knob.

The tucking in his mic remarks did seem like banter. Although it wasn’t going down well..

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I can see your argument, I really can, but the whole thing hinges on that people payed money should be professional, what if it was two mates having a chat in what they thought were personal circumstances?

pjbarton
    Free Member

Fact is we don’t need dinosaurs with archaic sexist opinions (even if only voiced in ‘private’) is a sport that NEEDS more women in it. Surely it’s hard to argue with that?

Viewing 32 posts - 41 through 72 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘I wholeheartedly agree…. (sexist sky commentators content)’ is closed to new replies.