I Went To Wharncliffe Yesterday And…………….

Home Forum Bike Forum I Went To Wharncliffe Yesterday And…………….

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I Went To Wharncliffe Yesterday And…………….
  • jim25

Would like to go to Wharncliffe. Would it be easy to find for someone who’s not been there before?

Not impossible jim, but a bit of local knowledge would be advisable.

And if you park your motor, make sure it’s secure – lots of scrotes taking stuff that isn’t theirs

discoduck

Stumbled upon the sweetest dit of trail i’ve ever ridden !

Also found Muhassive DH Gnaaarrrr!!!!! that just threaded its way all over the hill, about 6 runs all linked in !
    Its all new in the past month on the DH stuff, This bit i found all the lines are marked in Blue for those that know it what do you think ?

lakelandmatt

Ive been up a few times with local lads, theres some great single track in there if you know where to look. Just remember if you get lost find a forest road head upwards and they all lead to the car park.

_tom_

Only been there once and it was awesome, really want to go back again! I don’t remember any of the trails apart from diamondback which was great.

daveh

all the lines are marked in Blue

Off the crags?

discoduck

Yes Dave it was off the crags ?

discoduck

Tom, The Diamond back Run is almost disused now and things have moved all the way across to where the Crags are, Theres some seriously steep technical trails in there that are just about rideable

😯

Maybe we should have a Forum ride across there some time ?

Stevelol

An stw Wharncliffe ride sounds like an ace idea, maybe we should do it before the weather turns properly crap? Next weekend?

discoduck

I went Yesterday and it was damp, greasy damp and on some of the seriously steep descends in there were treacherous !

Trying to scrub speed off without the wheels locking up was challenging, resulting in XS speed where really i should have been going a lot Slower…..

I’d be Up for an afternoon session next weekend if there is intrest ?

Stevelol

I went on Wednesday and it was properly bone dry, that was the first time I’ve ever seen it like that, it was amazing!!

daveh

Yes Dave it was off the crags

‘New xc descent’ then. Some really nice bits to it but I just haven’t got the skill to ride much of it fast enough to make it flow. I imagine if you have it would be pretty special!

Blower

tumbled upon the sweetest dit of trail i’ve ever ridden !

Also found Muhassive DH Gnaaarrrr!!!!! that just threaded its way all over the hill, about 6 runs all linked in !
    Its all new in the past month on the DH stuff, This bit i found all the lines are marked in Blue for those that know it what do you think ?

they be are trails blood!

and the new xc was named “twisty turny track” until strava named it ha!

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Was pussywillow there, you know, being awesome?

Blower

ahhh right lad i see

pussywillow

Blower – Member
    tumbled upon the sweetest dit of trail i’ve ever ridden !

they be are trails blood!

and the new xc was named “twisty turny track” until strava named it ha

Yeah man, proper riding, there’s some groomed tracks to the right hand side of the official dh tracks, but they are still good, then there’s some proper tech stuff a bit further up, again further to the right, did you do them?
    I love wharney, but I have a feeling that the really tech stuff may be too much for the stw enduro groomed trail serp rider! 😆

tomhoward – Member
    Was pussywillow there, you know, being awesome?

You’ve obviously heard too… 8)

discoduck

I didn’t see any one there being awesome

Saw a couple of blokes with BiG DH bikes, didn’t actually see them riding but they looked good with big triple clamps and goggles and Full Face helmets dangling off the bars !

That new XC descent has a proper cheeky slight left hander in it ! And an absolutely evil gap jump in it that would hurt if it went wrong !

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I Went To Wharncliffe Yesterday And…………….’ is closed to new replies.