• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I went to the Cinema tonight!
  • DezB
    Free Member

Ah, that was so nice! After all those months, to sit there in the dark, fully absorbed in a film, no laptop, no sketching, just film. And man, was I absorbed. Only 3 other people in the 6pm screening, which was nice.
    Saint Maud… quite a slow burner, but worth it. Properly freaked me out. Think I actually had a brief heart palpitation moment 😳 Not good in my condition.
    Looking forward to many more such experiences

cynic-al
    Free Member

Heh,I saw it yesterday in cinema too, loved it, excellent film, really fresh

Drac

I went a couple of months ago felt safe as everyone was spaced out with masks on when not eating or drinking. Numbers were about normal for midday but didn’t have to squeeze past anyone due the spacing.

p7eaven
    Free Member

Sounds awesome. I might venture out to our local one night, that’s a good idea.

Here in comorbidityscaredycatville Mrs P and I are dreaming up a design project for a bed-top ‘cinema hall’ made from cardboard boxes, paint and fabric samples.

I made a simple one for my smartphone some years ago. It was ace! Time to scale up and step it up to tablet size.

I love old art nouveau/deco cinemas. Need to source some inspirational real-life examples. Any suggestions?

DezB
    Free Member

What did you see a couple of months ago, Drac? Tenet I’m guessing?
    There hasn’t been a lot on since they allowed punters back in – I suspect the bigger films are being held back until they get better audience figures. Seems to be a lot in the pipeline – eg Black Widow

hatter

Booked in to see Tenet at the lovely local indie cinema next week, been looking forward to it for ages, have a horrible feeling it may not happen but fingers crossed.

oikeith

My local cinema was showing Jurassic Park last month and it was excellent, quiet cinema and cinema surround sound was excellent!

Noticed last night the Vue are showing classics too, I’m about to book to go see Predator on the weekend, should be excellent on the big screen and surround sound!

fossy

Ours are Cineworld, so shut.

madedgar
    Free Member

Going to see Saint Maud this Friday at the wonderful Watershed in Bristol. After Mark Kermode’s call to arms last week on the Film Review pod, more than happy to support my local cinema with £20 (totally understand that others are not so keen though).

Also went to my local Vue a couple of weeks ago to watch Pulp Fiction with a friend and I and about 4 other people. It did feel that this was the death of cinema. 6 people watching a 26 year old film doesn’t seem sustainable really.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Saint Maud this week.

dlr

Also saw JP at Vue. Thanks for heads up about Predator, I see Alien is also being shown! Was too young to see them on the big screen originally

MoreCashThanDash

I love old art nouveau/deco cinemas. Need to source some inspirational real-life examples. Any suggestions?

The Scala on Ilkeston is apparently the second oldest still working (Pre-Covid) cinema, but maybe too old for your art deco theme.

Seem to recall a Wetherspoons in Cambridge being a stunning former art deco cinema?

cyclebiker

I ventured out to the cinema for the first time over the weekend. Saw Akira in a “XPlus” screen in Bristol. I was amazing to see a classic Manga film on the big screen…I echo madedgar’s comments though, ~20 people in a huge room to see an old film. I do hope that Cinema is not dead

DezB
    Free Member

quiet cinema and cinema surround sound was excellent!

Not a really spoiler, but I’ll hide just in case, but during Saint Maud

Spoiler:
    there’s whispering that comes from behind you.

Oh man, it freaked me out!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I went to the Cinema tonight!’ is closed to new replies.