Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I went to climachx today…..
  • Telemaster18
    Free Member

and it was alright. Got very very very wet thanks to all those damn puddles! Suppose we have had a lot of rain lately. Decent day weather wise about from the still water. Spoilt at the end by some rude people on the last decent! It was good, but not great. Dunno something about it didn’t get me excited. Much prefer penmachno or marin. Gonna try Nant y arian next weekend hopefully though!

will
    Free Member

It’s good if you have an hour to kill, so fun things to play on, and always seems to flow well.

Speshpaul

Speed. You need to go fast and get airborne on the 1st 3/4’s.
    Thats my hot tip.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

nant is ace imo

takisawa2

We got absolutely soaked there…from standing water. The afternoon we went it was dry & sunny.
    Drainage needed I reckon.

You’ll love Nant-y-Arian, the “Mark of Zorro” section is simply brilliant.

james
    Free Member

“got absolutely soaked there…from standing water. The afternoon we went it was dry & sunny.
    Drainage needed I reckon”

Penmachno can be exaclty the same though

The black end section is pretty good at climachX. The rest is good, but penmachno loop 1 is better I think

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yep – that last section is ace, the rest… kind of dull I thought. Was studying at CAT for a while so it was my “local” trail when away from home! Good for a quite blast between drinking study sessions 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

Its all about the less well known stuff at mach, you can make a very nice loop including some of the dyfi enduro descents, as for nant, im going there tomorrow 😀

walla24
    Free Member

rode out to nant today from aber, full loop, was just brilliant…huge puddles 😀

PJ266
    Free Member

what way did you go jon? you might be missing out on a few rad descents.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Tell me what nant is like?!

PJ266
    Free Member

I like it, some really nice descents on the summit loop, it isnt a long ride. Im still yet to do a full loop of the continental trail there but ive ridden various bits and pieces, it gets you right out into the country which is nice, the trails slightly wider but loose. Definitely worth a visit if youre not too far away.

glenp
    Free Member

Don’t go to Nant and miss the full loop including Mark of Zorro! Just awesome – great fun, fast, sweeping.

Speshpaul

“the rest… kind of dull I thought.”

Speed = 🙂

Houns

You prefer the Marin to ClimachX?! 😯

Telemaster18
    Free Member

Every day this week marin over climachx. Don’t get me wrong I did like it. Just enjoy the singletrack on the marin more. Maybe suits my riding style more or something….I don’t know. Both fun though!

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I did Nant for the first time at Easter, did some extra bits cos my mates had been b4 and knew the layout… went back for more 10 days later (110 miles from my house)… looking to go again soon

PJ266
    Free Member

Tis a good trail centre, had an amazing ride out there today, i think i have sunstroke now though 😀

walla24
    Free Member

PJ266
    yeah went out along the devils bridge cycle path then missioned it straight up the a44, was fairly hairy!
    Tell me about the descents im missing?? iv heard of a ‘secret’ descent no idea where it is…

rOcKeTdOg

Nant is great, but they need wifi for the legburner to give you something to do while you wich yourself up and stop yourself falling asleep, the rest is very good though

PJ266
    Free Member

Come for a ride out with us guys jon 😀 we’ll show you.

walla24
    Free Member

sweet will do…soon as these dam exams are over!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I went to climachx today…..’ is closed to new replies.