Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • I went in a Mercedes E Class yesterday…
  • Kryton57

Quite classy inside, felt quite nice, my BM feels “functional” in comparison.

lowey

We have an e class in the company fleet. Light years ahead of my hybrid BMW inside. My daughters Audi is the same. Much better.

Wont be getting another Beemer. The interior is just dated and dull.

russianbob
    Free Member

I tested the e300de estate for my company car. It was awesome and only £40 a month more than a Passat estate. Would have got it had it not been for the massive battery/motor taking a load of boot space and that most of the time it would never have been plugged. Got the Passat. Regret it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You have a BMW?

You should have said something…..

trail_rat
    Free Member

What sun glasses for an e class ? Should they be differ for an a b or c class ?

mashr

perchypanther

You have a BMW?

You should have said something…..

😀

If it’s not got the 9 speed auto it’s not worth talking about

sharkattack

This was my last cars interior and I’d have another one tomorrow if possible.
    null

Kryton57

This was my last cars interior

For some strange reason before and after I had one many years ago I’ve always had a soft spot for this:

After spending time in the modern ST, the XR2's interior feels spartan

surfer
    Free Member

Underated car IMO. Really like the look of them although they are even more old manish than a 5 series. I have a 9yr old C class and it is still the smoothest thing I think I have driven (although led a sheltered car owning life!)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Don’t own a car. Feel left out. 😥

hols2
    Free Member

Don’t own a car. Feel left out.

I have a Toyota. More humiliating than not having a car at all.

toby1

What sun glasses for an e class

I reckon Prada, or something that’s brash, maybe some inset diamante?

This is nothing against e-class drivers, but you did ask!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Mine lol. A lot of buttons.

tonyg2003

They are very nice with the widescreen view. I’m on my third estate over the last 12years so definitely a bit biased.

funkmasterp

I’ll see your Toyota and raise you an old Vauxhall Zafira.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I have a C-max in “that light blue that may as well be beige it’s so boring”.

I choose not to drive it and ride an OFO bike instead.

The interior could at one time have been described as functional, now it just smells of mold, off milk and dog shit.

P-Jay
    Free Member

This was my last cars interior and I’d have another one tomorrow if possible.

Capri?

scotroutes

Is there a portaloo built into the drivers seat then, or do you mean ” I was in a Mercedes E Class yesterday”?

cookeaa

I have to admit after having a trip in my mates CLA a few months back and a couple of rides in E and C classes I’ve been eyeing up older, higher mileage E and C estates…

andrewreay

Kryton57

Were you on the way to the airport? 😉

Ever since a friend of mine pointed out that they are the choice of minicab companies / airlines for airport runs, I’ve not been able to consider them in the same way.

Front passenger seat needs to be pulled fully forward and tipped towards the dash and there needs to be a bottle of water in the rear door pocket to enjoy the full E-class experience.

mrmoofo

Horses for courses …
    has SAAB like YoungGuitarHero’s – the interior was rubbish quality and rattled. And all the matt black finish peeled off on a regular basis. And the plastic false wood was plain nasty …

mercedes – been in many. But they are comfort cars , not drivers cars. So if you like being driven then they are great (taxis). To drive they are as dull as dishwater – until you get into AMG territory and V8s.
    They are nicely put together – the great boxes are a weak spot.
    I would agree that BMW need to update their cabins – not as nice as Mercs or Audi. But still way better to drive …

Kryton57

Capri?

No, Mk2 XR2.

No airport, shuttling the boss around town in an Uber Exec.

the-muffin-man

My dad bought a new Rover SD1 when I was 8 – at that age the interior looked like something out of a sci-fi movie. It broke down a lot but we felt ace driving around in it! 🙂

fasthaggis

Grab that dream,hold it tight.
    stay classy

dream time

anagallis_arvensis

Best car interior I ever owned!!

null

philjunior
    Free Member

I’ll see your Zafira and raise you a base spec Skoda and a Toyota. And the OH has a Volkswagen. Surely all three non-premium brands mean we’re far more humiliated than we would be with merely a Toyota?

the-muffin-man

Best car interior I ever owned!!

…Trilby and string-backed driving gloves out of shot! 🙂

philjunior
    Free Member

mercedes – been in many. But they are comfort cars , not drivers cars. So if you like being driven then they are great (taxis). To drive they are as dull as dishwater – until you get into AMG territory and V8s.

I agree that they’re sold more on comfort, but my mate had an E220d which had a surprising amount of poke, and the slushbox put it onto the road (or at least into the spinning rear wheels) quite nicely. Seemed to steer OK too although I never got a go in it.

sharkattack

Capri?

Mine was a Capri yes. It was the cleanest mk3 I’d ever seen and never went wrong once. Unfortunately I sold it before the market exploded and I’m not willing to get back in at current prices.

mashr

the-muffin-man

My dad bought a new Rover SD1 when I was 8 – at that age the interior looked like something out of a sci-fi movie. It broke down a lot but we felt ace driving around in it! 🙂

My Dad has his mates for the weekend (no idea why, swapped for our Audi 100). I was clearly told not to touch anything, so I lowered one of the windows, it didn’t go back up

andy8442
    Free Member

Anything lower than a E class in a merc or 5 series in BMW and they feel just plain cheap, Audi on the other hand feel pretty well made right threw the range.

hols2
    Free Member

I’ll see your Zafira and raise you a base spec Skoda and a Toyota. And the OH has a Volkswagen.

null

benp1

I went from a 5 series to an e class. Both a few years old now.

5 series was more fun to drive, e class is more ‘comfortable’ and suits pootling around. 5 series was a manual, which took a little while to track down. e class is always bought as an auto, even though that’s an extra. I do miss the openable rear window on my 5 series, that was ace, but the e class is a nice car

Got a taxi in October, the boss of the taxi firm picked me up, he likes to do the odd airport run. E53 turned up to take me to the airport, was VERY nice. Egged him on a bit to show me how much poke it has, lovely car.

stumpy01

andy8442

Anything lower than a E class in a merc or 5 series in BMW and they feel just plain cheap, Audi on the other hand feel pretty well made right threw the range.

Been looking at new (used) cars over the last few weeks & whether I should get a newer, cheaper car or an older, posher car.

The C-Class estate felt lovely inside – a really nice place to sit, cocooned in plush seats & the whole car felt rock solid. The Audi A4 Avant felt like a posh VW.
    Don’t get me wrong – the Audi didn’t feel cheap, but it didn’t feel in the same league as the Merc.

5lab

I got a free upgrade from a golf to an e300de at oslo airport the other week. Handled the snowey roads well, despite only being rwd, but whoever shoved the battery in that ‘hump’ in the boot needs shooting, if it was flattened over the whole floor it’d be fine.

It was pleasant. didn’t feel like 300bhp but I bet it weighs north of 2 tonnes. The auto drive stuff was a bit annoying, required a really firm grip on the wheel to work, might firmer than I’d normally hold with so was less comfortable than just driving myself

FB-ATB

Is there a portaloo built into the drivers seat then, or do you mean ” I was in a Mercedes E Class yesterday”?

He thought it had heated seats, then realised he’d wet himself!

crazy-legs

I had a C-class when I was working on the Tour de Yorkshire. Far and away the best bike race car I’ve ever had. Skoda Superb is next (Tour of Britain / Women’s Tour).

Then the BMW / Audi world.

Got the C-class up to 120mph once (on closed roads). It had NINE gears; 9th was pretty much autobahn overdrive gear. Fantastic car.

iainc

recently changed my A6 Avant, which I got 3 years ago after BMW 3 then 5 series estates. The Audi was nicer in almost every way when I got it. This time I looked around a bit, incl BMW 5 and X3, and Merc E, and Tesla 3. Ended up sticking with Audi, a Q5 this time as it offered best balance of quality feel, comfort and value. I really wanted the Tesla 3 but couldn’t stack the numbers up for such a compromise on family space and luggage capacity.

Cougar

If we’re playing “show us your dashboard” I had one of these once.
    null

benpinnick

Had many cars over the years, including brand new Mercs. Never could bring myself to own a BMW for that reason though. Everytime I get in one I just wonder why anyone would pay premium money to sit in one. My last Merc (Ok so it was 14 years ago now) was so much nicer than anything BMW had at the time. For all the better handling etc. I just thought you ‘use’ the interior 100% of time, why would you skimp on that? Back to current times and Im looking at a Golf e for Mrs P and I get in one and suddenly Im transported back 10 years to my Skoda Octavia which I reckon still has the edge on the current VW interiors.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘I went in a Mercedes E Class yesterday…’ is closed to new replies.