Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I washed my …. and still worked!
  • bearnecessities

Washed my airpods and case on Friday. Also left to sit in the ‘catch coins’ gunk overnight, for good measure.

Dried out on washing line yesterday and they’re fine!

Might explode any moment, but based on my Sony TV remote I washed 5 years ago and is still working, I’m hopeful.

martymac

A mate washed his 1wk old sony mobile through a full cycle, it was off when retrieved, sat in a bowl of rice next to the hot water tank for 2 days, apart from a small mark on the screen (which I didn’t see until it was pointed out) it was fine for 3 years until he got a new one.
    In no way was it implied that the device was even slightly water resistant.

leegee

Bank secure key. No issues

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My Singletrack t-shirt. It was fine.

kayak23

Wash your back, wash your back, wash your back for good.

AdamT

My aipods survived the washing machine too. Very pleased

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I just remembered my old pink Sony Ericsson mobile. That had a full wash cycle on three occasions and survived. Lord only knows how.

johndoh
    Free Member

My AirPods almost survived but had a slight fault so I sent them back and got a replacement set. It was Amazon so meh!

goldfish24

My soundcore liberty air pro 2 headphones similarly survived.

thepurist

My “keyless” car key fob thing – washed and tumble dried at a cottage in Wales a couple of hundred miles from home and any spare keys. Worked fine, though the plastic was a bit softened around the edges.

reluctantjumper

My car key fob has been through the washing machine multiple times without harm, if anything it was better as it was clean! It’s 9 years old, lives in my pack when riding so gets soaked and filthy regularly and has never failed to work. Still on the original battery too.
    My Garmin 800 went through the washing machine a few times, never any worse for wear when it was stolen in Chatel. The replacement 810 hasn’t been through a wash yet though.
    Put a 2S Lipo from one of my RC cars through the machine once, didn’t burst into flames but was much less powerful afterwards.

Thinking about it I don’t think I’ve killed anything via a wash cycle. Oh no, I forgot. Multiple pairs of Sealskinz socks have gone all crinkly and useless after being washed at 40 degrees.

CountZero

It’s 9 years old, lives in my pack when riding so gets soaked and filthy regularly and has never failed to work. Still on the original battery too.

Sounds like my old Skoda key fob, although it never went into the wash, after nineteen years of regular use it was still on the original battery. Which is more than can be said for the car – I had to have it’s battery replaced after thirteen years. 😕

squirrelking
    Free Member

…willy really hard and despite the horrific blisters…

reeksy

A mate washed his 1wk old sony mobile through a full cycle, it was off when retrieved, sat in a bowl of rice next to the hot water tank for 2 days, apart from a small mark on the screen (which I didn’t see until it was pointed out) it was fine for 3 years until he got a new one.
    In no way was it implied that the device was even slightly water resistant.

Maybe that was my Sony phone and I had his. Because it was supposed to be waterproof but had to be replaced under warranty after I jumped in the pool with it.

seadog101

Nokia phone, old 3210 era.
    Full wash and dry cycle in an industrial size machine, with overalls and scabby gear after a day working on deck of the ship.
    Screen was black when it was still hot. Numbers on the buttons had almost vanished.
    Took it all apart to cool off.
    Came back to life no problems.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I don’t think my cars’ keys have batteries.

Scapegoat

sat in a bowl of rice next to the hot water tank for 2 days,

I did that to dry out my iPhone after wading into a pond to rescue the dog when she went through the ice. It dried it out but it erased all my contacts…… except for my Uncle Ben’s

theotherjonv

racist 😉

Waiting for Poopscoop to join in

Cougar

I did that to dry out my iPhone after wading into a pond to rescue the dog when she went through the ice. It dried it out but it erased all my contacts…… except for my Uncle Ben’s

You bastard, I was here just to make that joke.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.