Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I was just riding along…
  • MrNutt
    Free Member

and my bloody x9 rear mech (short) took it upon itself to forge an unholy union with the wheel. This then led to me sitting down for a brief period of colourful language and oily fingers.

Where’s the best place in Devon/somerset/exmoor to get the required new/2nd hand bits? or shall I just buy online?

DanW
    Free Member

My XX1 inner mech cage took it upon itself to snap the other week. Goodness knows how!

Pook

There’s a shop in minehead that saved me once. Can’t remember the name though.

DanW
    Free Member

Should have said in the post above, what parts are you looking for?

hairyscary

The bearings in one of my Time pedals collapsed today. (Clean as a whistle, just collapsed)

My Marzocchi 44rc3ti’s came back from warranty repair on Friday and lasted 1 hour.

My Whyte 146 frame cracked on Wednesday.

😕 😕 😕

MrNutt
    Free Member

rear mech hanger thing for an Orange Subzero (I think the crush one and the five one all fit) a rear mech, pref an x9 medium and a new chain, preferably SRAM PC991

or alternatives for any of the above 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

Your spokes did well to survive.

jam-bo

Ralphies in Taunton.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I_Ache, you’re not wrong, luckily the minute I felt/heard that clattering I locked up the back wheel, formula brakes did their job 🙂

oxym0r0n

Second ralphies – they are an orange dealer

carlphillips
    Free Member

10 or 9 speed ?

MrNutt
    Free Member

9 speed would b e great, and I’ll check out Ralphies, cheers 🙂

walla24
    Free Member

I have an X7 med 9 spd mech and brand new 9 speed HG53 chain (Exeter) if that helps. £15 for both.

neilnevill
    Free Member

My kinesis Maxlight xc pro nearly sheared in 2 while JRA on Friday. On the road at the time, Whitehall just coming from parliament square. 3 inch crack now runs round the down tube. I shall be attempting to ride it home to south London tonight.

snakeysnuggles
    Free Member

My husbands did that on (of all places) the blue from buzzards nest to cafe at Glentress. Wheel and rear mech were on.

An hour at Alpine bikes and we were back on the move…they were amazing thank goodness….his spokes weren’t damaged but Alpine said it was the most managled mech they had ever seen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I was just riding along…’ is closed to new replies.