Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I want your clothes your boots and you motorcycle
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

T2 on now. Still the best of the terminator films IMO

CountZero

Watching it now.
    “I need a vacation”

Pook

Rocky’s on ITV4.

dh
    Free Member

Underrated GnR tune too IMHO

zippykona

Would have been an entirely different film if he had landed outside a tranny bar.
    I need your handbag,mascara and number of your hairdresser.

kimbers

‘best of the terminator films’ is hardly a massive accolade 3 was a joke & salvation was a mess + it had bonham-carter in

and more to the point you are wrong

while its a good film, its not a patch on the original; arnies’ terminator is played for laughs, it doesnt have enough of the reece style future flashbacks and john connor is an annoying whinny shit who deserves to be terminated for listening to gnr

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

while its a good film, its not a patch on the original; arnies’ terminator is played for laughs, it doesnt have enough of the reece style future flashbacks and john connor is an annoying whinny shit who deserves to be terminated for listening to gnr

Apart from the fact they’re both Terminator films, they’re both pretty different really, but equally as good.

The first is definitely more badass though. He kills 17 police officers to start with.

CountZero

Now now, kimbers, show a little Christmas spirit! 😆

and john connor is an annoying whinny shit who deserves to be terminated for listening to gnr

You’re not wrong there, though…

kimbers

humbug!sorry ive spent too long arguing with dimwits on aintitcool who think james cameron is jesus reborn and that even titanic and avatar are touched by the hand of god

and fwiw my son is called cameron james kimberley…..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway im watching alien on film4
    now thats a good film

cynic-al
    Free Member

More collateral deaths in 1.

CountZero

james cameron is jesus reborn and that even titanic and avatar are touched by the hand of god

Nah, he was busy elsewhere. Titanic, didn’t the boat sink in that one?

Cougar

I thought the quote was “I need…”?

Anyway, yes. Second best Terminator film ever. Love it.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Terminator is one of the best films ever!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I agree with Kimbers. I love how people say sequels are better than the originals. Everything about the sequel wouldn’t exist without the original film, and it’s a bit of a comedy pastiche moneymaker of the original. The sequel is all about quips, effects and big set action which is a bit of a parody of the first terminator, which tries to be a genuine sci-fi dystopian future type film. It does carry on the ideas and storyline of the original film, but it has to, there’s nothing really new. to me, it doesn’t have the same Sci-fi soul. Same as 2010 or Aliens. It’s a cash in, done really well, some good ideas, still a watchable film etc. But no patch on the original idea.

sbob
    Free Member

kimbers – Member

anyway im watching alien on film4
    now thats a good film

But not as good as Aliens, right? 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

This comes up on here a bit sbob. They are VERY different films!

sbob
    Free Member

I actually prefer Aliens, but then I watched that first which ruins a massive aspect of the first film.
    (Just to clarify as previous post was an obvious wind up)

Kevevs
    Free Member

yah I could tell 😉 love a good sci-fi film. Not seen a good one for ages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_(The_Outer_Limits)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soldier_From_Tomorrow Nothing under the sun is original!

Kevevs
    Free Member

As for Alien/s. The first is more about the Alien within us, it was made in a time when the cold war was still around, and hence paranoia, still a bit bmovieish. To me, It’s more about looking around in the dark recesses of our souls and finding the dark stuff. It’s quite a long dark suspensful trek, like apocalypse now or something. I’s that dark quivering base cortex horrible part of humanity we don’t want to find or look at.But it’s there, and it’s horrible. It’s a huge brilliant visual metaphor. The Alien is us.

Aliens copies the visuals from the original (the best bits any way), takes the Alien as just something on a planet to be battled with with guns and marines etc. is a very good action film with lots of guns and gung ho stuff. It’s very American!

The original is a far more cerebral, intelligent film, and it gives you time to think. It just depends what type of film you fancy at the time eh? The fascinating thing about a good film, like any work of art, is that you can apply yourself to it in a different way in a different time in your life and still get a different response. You can’t do that with Police Academy.

footflaps

Alien was a master piece of cinematography whereas Aliens is an enjoyable shoot em up. Both great, but the sequel isn’t a patch on the original.

andrewh
    Free Member

Titanic, didn’t the boat sink in that one?

Sshhh. Don’t spoil the ending. Not everyone has seen it.

RustySpanner

I’d love to see all the missing bits from the third Alien film.
    There’s a great story in there somewhere.
    Needs more backstory re the inmates etc.

Alien is a wonderful film, populated by believable, flawed characters, brilliantly scripted, shot and acted.

Aliens is a predictable shoot ’em up populated by walking cliches and directed with the boring narcissism of someone who needs to put the little spoon down a bit more often.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I want your clothes your boots and you motorcycle’ is closed to new replies.