Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • I want to gum up my bell
  • nedrapier

I’ve got a Timberr Bell. It’s good, I like it a lot. Recently, however, the notches that keep my clanger have become tired and worn, so the first decent bump on a descent or bunny hop has me tinkling away until I stop and yoink it up again.

I’ve tried vulcanising solution, no dice. Thought about stans, but that might take too long to set? Thought about some energy gel, but that would wash out when it rained and just spread sticky ick all over the place.

Any thoughts?

tonyplym
    Free Member

Sugru ?

Rubber_Buccaneer

I fear you have been playing with it too much and the only solution is a replacement

MartynS

I took mine apart and put a tiny blob of superglue on the slider/lever thingy. Left to cure for 20 mins and reassembled..

deltacharlie72
    Free Member

Would you be able to use a suitably sized o-ring or hair bobble to hold the lever in the up position? Loop it around the base of the bell (or clamp it to the underside of the bars), stretch it around the back of your bars and over the lever?

nedrapier

Cheers Martyn, I was a little reluctant to prise it open, but followed your lead with some gentle flexing and twisting a little flathead screwdriver in the hole that reveals itself at the top.

I’ll clear up the mess I’ve spooged in there and get some dobs of glue on the bumps.

Ta!

ta11pau1

No one likes a a flappy clanger.

scc999

Have the same issue – did try to take it apart but was worried I was going to break it.
    Will give it another go….

Si

devash
    Free Member

For a bell that costs £25 it is disappointing that they wear out so easily.

I took mine off after a couple of rides as it had the opposite effect to the one desired, in that the relaxing tinkling of the bell put other trail users to sleep instead of warning them of my presence.

The freebie pinger style bell that came with my bike went back on and the short, sharp clink of that one seems to be understood better, especially by walkers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘I want to gum up my bell’ is closed to new replies.