• This topic has 47 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by T1000.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • I want to buy a house, who should I vote for.
  • brooess
    Free Member

Did you write that yourself Brooess?

Show me someone other than an estate agent/BLT landlord or other vested interest/or individual who takes their opinion from their favoured newspaper, who believes house prices will go up for ever and ever and ever…

Spain, Ireland, Northern Ireland, US, Japan, Portugal all had housing busts, China’s is beginning. What are the chances of UK defying all historical and global precedents?… houses are a manipulated market and demand is not price inelastic

finbar
    Free Member

the last 15 years are a historical anomaly, not the norm.

Population growth means that anomaly is the new norm I’m afraid.

footflaps

Population growth means that anomaly is the new norm I’m afraid.

Not even in the top 5 issues.

monkeychild
    Free Member

BLT landlord

Now I’m hungry!!!

wiggles
    Free Member

wo points:
    1. Why don’t you vote for the party that you think will do the best job for the country
    2. I’m not 100% sure you’re vote will be the deciding factor as I believe there will be other residents of your constituency who may express an opinion at the ballot box
    I admire your optimistic narrow self interest, though.

This + many 1’s

Why do people always think of who will save them £10 a month in income tax rather than who will make the country the best place for everyone.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Self centred thinking, that’s why they vote: to help themselves.

I’m mainly Conservative at heart (hate Gove’s values though and his running of education), but feel bad about how their other policies affect the poorest and might vote Labour if it helps the poor.

Well they should have studied in school vs. inequality and people/families need help.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

After speaking to my neighbour (pensioner who needs NHS weekly treatments),
    I’ve decided to vote Labour to help people like her.

Otherwise I would have voted Tory to benefit myself!

Unless some party gets rid of Vat on bike parts to sway me lol dam you old pensioner!

T1000
    Free Member

all the parties seem to be window dressing with incentives, supported loans or savings products. It’s disapointing not to see a strategy set out for say the next 15 yrs to increase the nr of new dwellings entering the market that ramps up over time rather than some Big Bang initiative. That way the supply chain, consumers and investors can maintain confidence whilst a gradual reset of the cost of housing could be achieved.

It’s a fundamental weakness in the UK economy that housing consumes so much of the low paid’s income. If wages can’t increase because of global competition for those roles then either an attempt to ensure that they can genuinely afford a good standard of living ( without hidden assistance via tax credits etc) through reduced housing costs (not subsidised) or acceptance that the UK will be plagued by un and underemployment + weakness in manufacturing.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘I want to buy a house, who should I vote for.’ is closed to new replies.