Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I very very rarely get ill… (Moan content)
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

… But for the last 3 days I've had a STINKER of a cold/flu. Aches, nausea, sore throat, sneezing, snot and I feel like crap. I can't even stay home because we've got a new bathroom being fitted and I'd get no rest with all the banging and drilling and general hubbub.
    I just don't get ill.
    Not had more than the odd sniffle or headache for maybe 10 years now
    Can't even be bothered to ride my bike into work, and I don't think it would help me anyway.
    They can poke it if they think I'm working tomorrow though, Already told the boss.

Sorry. Needed a moan.
    Anybody fancy cheering me up?

grumm
    Free Member

Yeah well try having had a cold on and off and generally feeling run down and shit pretty much constantly for the last 18 months. 🙁

juan
    Free Member

Anybody fancy cheering me up?

Vome on big boy get in your dressing gown I4ll be here shortly 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There's an offer I can't refuse! (NOT!)

juan
    Free Member

Don't knocj it before you try it 😉

rOcKeTdOg

temperature?
    probably swine flu-pass it on, boost the countrys immunity

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

temperature?

No. That's the one thing I don't have, so this is old fashioned flu. I can't even catch a trendy disease.

On top of this, to add to the hilarity, I bought a small tub of prawns in for a snack today, and managed to spill some of the water from the tub on the carpet. Now the office (Well, posh portacabin) smells really fishy. The manager has got a few suits in today for a meeting and they're all complaining about the smell. I've had to shut my door to keep the smell in and I'm now sitting here in a fishy, snotty stupor. Oh deep joy.

theotherjonv

bicarbonate of soda. For the fishy smell, not the cold.

toby1

theotherjonv – Member

bicarbonate of soda. For the fishy smell, not the cold.

Oh I don't know – I reckon a quit snort of bi-carb would clear the sinuses right out!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Don't knocj it before you try it

well I think we can be sure that being buggered by a mad Frenchman would take your mind off any illness…

Keva
    Free Member

ah so you still have a sense of smell then… cold can't be that bad 😉

ps… someone wants to know how to set up their Rebas over there <—- thought you might want something to take yer mind off the snot.

Kev

simon_g

Sounds like what I had a few weeks ago, pretty nasty – first time I've taken more than a single day off for many years. I seem to have had a cough from it for about a fortnight since too.

Have a picture of some Ducatis to cheer you up:

Drac

No. That's the one thing I don't have, so this is old fashioned flu.

You have a cold, deal with it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Thanks for that Drac. I love you, come here for a big wet kiss you lovely, lovely fella!!

Have a picture of some Ducatis to cheer you up:

I recognise one of those bikes, don't I? 😉

ski
    Free Member

PP my little one decided to do some hand painting this morning, nice shade of brown all over the walls and furniture not sure of the aroma, but it smells quite meaty 😉

3 guess what I am going to be doing this weekend 😉

Well if that does not cheer you up, what about writing an article for Chipps for next months mag?

cinnamon_girl

Get well soon Mr Poddy 🙂 We missed you and Mrs P last Saturday – you would have been impressed with the cream tea … and the trails too!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

We were in Newcastle on Saturday CG….

Ski – Niiiiiiiice…. 😕

LoulaBella
    Free Member

to cheer you up.

simon_g

I recognise one of those bikes, don't I?

You might, yes! Having a great time on it so far – that was up at the Ace Cafe Italian night yesterday.

juan
    Free Member

:'( stop the ducati thing please 🙁

Dylan08
    Free Member

di dums!

Get well soon

darkcove

I'm on leave, the weather is great, my new wheels have arrived and yet I'm tucked up inside ill and so bored that I've even resorted to posting on this forum. Phoned the National Skivers Line this morning, and despite having all the symptons of pig flu over the last few days I've been told it's not that. Ah well, at least as soon as the weather breaks so will my fever.

IdleJon

My wife rang the GP this morning, having been ill for the last 4 days and was told she officially has pig flu! Work have told her that she needs to be clear of symptoms for 6 days before returning. (Why 6 days?)

So, I'm not expecting to get piggy flu, but am knackered from being Daddy Daycare this week.

Never mind, rugby on tv tonight, crack open a bottle…….

(Get well soon PP)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Cheers guys. I started to feel really poo a couple of hours ago, but the manager (The only person who can cover me on the weighbridge, I can't just shut down) was in a meeting. As soon as he came out I made my apologies and left. Now sitting at home listening to the drilling and banging upstairs, but at least I can close my eyes and shut my brain down if I like…..

Like the fail pic! 🙂

Andy

(Pictures PP sat in front room holding head in hands)

Poor chap! Get well soon mate. Go and sit in the garage for a bit; you will soon spark up!

iDave
    Free Member

sitting at home listening to the drilling and banging upstairs

sorry, I tried to keep the noise down, but your missus………..

zaskar
    Free Member

Eat healthy, rest, sleep and watch a funny vid.

If you're not better after 3 days then your see doc.

Might be a bug or just flu-takes a few days to recover.

Pigface
    Free Member

MTFU

Is that a Pantera in the back of the Ducati picture? That brings back some happy memories.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I very very rarely get ill… (Moan content)’ is closed to new replies.