Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • I used to own a sevice station.
  • Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

My grandfather used to live opposite a Moskovich garage in Northampton. Later it sold Ladas, but it never sold petrol.

Half way between his house and mine was a canal boat museum.

1981miked
    Free Member

I was riding my Brompton along the canal path near Ellesmere Port last year and a canal boat chugged slowly by in the opposite direction.

He said: nice bike
    I said: nice boat

There was no petrol station nearby. I did put £20 of diesel in my Skoda today at Sainsburys, I chose to pay at the kiosk as I had expenses money from work in my pocket, I also bought some Haribo Starmix as it was Friday.

jamj1974

breadcrumb – Member
    I had carnation milk for the first time this millennium yesterday, it was not bought in a service station.

I used to love this stuff as a kid. One day I ate so much my poo was white. I probably played Lego that day as well. Coincidence? I don’t think so!

I nearly ran over my dad at a petrol station. He was checking something under the bonnet. I turned the ignition key. He had left the car in gear and the car jumped forward. He banged his head in the bonnet which then fell on him. He wasn’t pleased… I was about 4 so he was about 30 – so his fault IMHO.

captmorgan
    Free Member

Was on the way back from an outwards bounds couse in the tail end of the eighties and we stopped the mini bus in a service station
    The chap behind the counter had the most fearsome wig you ever did see, we conviced one of us to go and try and pull it off (the wig not the chap). Unfortunately with a good handful of hair my pal shouted out, “it’s no wig, it’s his real hair! Back on the bus boys”

Gary_M
    Free Member

I had fish and chips in Appleby last night, and one of my colleagues made fudge yesterday.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve noticed that at my local petrol station, I only buy diesel but never call it a diesel station. I also say “pump 4 please” when I pay, assuming I used pump 4, but I never heard anyone else phrase it like that. Other people say “number 4”. They sometimes sell little boxes of Lego in there but if never been tempted as much as I love Lego.

Steelfreak
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm……. Helicoil. My favourite!

jamj1974

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves,

It’s funny how he wasn’t , but everyone else was…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I had a nice coffee and cake yesterday afternoon at about three o’clock but there was no free wifi. The counter staff were arguing with each other about who was entitled to a break. I didn’t interrupt. It was sunny.

boxelder

Carnation milk….white poo…? Aren’t you confusing Carnation with condensed? Condensed is good for fudge – perhaps Gary used it?

zippykona

I wrote about having smelly wee on a mountain bike forum.
    No one cared.

trailhound101

On the canal boat holiday with my friends, we were hungry hungover and skint. We made an omelet using a blob of prop shaft grease because we didn’t have cooking oil. it tasted revolting and we were still hungry.

muddyground
    Free Member

Years ago, I had a Volvo estate. One night, going to fill up with 4* I turned into the forecourt only to realise they’d moved the curb a little. Phew! Luckily I missed it and was able to fill up without any more drama.

bearnecessities

I once had a Volvo 440 GLT – fabulous car.

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m having scrambled eggs for breakfast.

I have scrambled eggs every morning.

Except when I don’t.

boxelder

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vupgBykQnko[/video]

5* dufus.

fasthaggis

I lost a stare out with the cat by typing this.

downshep

I’m fitting a washing machine that claims to be 65cm deep but is actually 74cm deep. It’s touch and go if it will fit and still allow the adjacent cupboard door to open. Will be sure to update the thread with the outcome.

pedropete

Whilst filling up at a petrol station with a lovely drop of 2 star, on the A303 if I remember correctly, a biker with pillion pulled up at the next pump but the rider forgot to put his feet down as they pulled to stop. Oh how we chuckled as over they both went.

1981miked
    Free Member

Onzadog – I say “pump number (insert pump number here)” aswell.

My cats have just come in as it’s obviously to windy for them.

Marley is in her Superstar wheel box in the cupboard under the stairs (we don’t keep her there, it’s her favourite quiet spot)

Buddy will be on the leather recliner upstairs that I sit on to play the X Box.

konabunny
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    I wrote about having smelly wee on a mountain bike forum.
    No one cared.
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

I care. Was it an unpleasant smell or just a distinctive aroma?

breadcrumb

I once purchased a milkshake at a petrol station, on getting back to the car I placed it on the roof to get my keys from my pocket. As I was about to set off I noticed the lady behind the counter waving, so I waved back, thinking what a pleasant woman, and set off. Then spotted my milkshake explode over the forecourt. Bad times.

Tiger6791

I met my wife in a service station, she had gone in to pay but came back again.

bearnecessities

Then spotted my milkshake explode over the forecourt.

Bet that made a Mesquik.

breadcrumb

😆

Viewing 26 posts - 81 through 106 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘I used to own a sevice station.’ is closed to new replies.