Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I Tunes question – newby!
  • cyclelife
    Free Member

Ok new to I Tunes, if I get it to show me duplicates in my library, then i select all the duplicates shown and delete them, does leave one copy in the Libray or as I think is happening remove that as well? 😳

If so please tell me how to do it properly!

Ta

conkerman
    Free Member

I bloody hate iTunes

Sorry I can’t be more help

cyclelife
    Free Member

:mrgreen:

Lanesra
    Free Member

It should give you the option to delete from Library or Itunes folder

Jamie
    Free Member

I bloody hate iTunes

Sorry I can’t be more help

Constructive.

tomzo
    Free Member

Cycle life, to delete duplicates, you have to select every other one (hold ctrl and click), if you select all, you will have no copies of a song. When you press delete it will ask if you want to delete from the library but retain the original file on your computer or send the whole file to the recycle bin, up to you what you do there.

tomzo
    Free Member

So it will look like this

Personalyl i only delete duplicates if it the same song, from the same album twice. Not if its a song that appears in two different albums e.g greatest hits and original otherwise you get incomplete albums, which for someone who has self diagnosed OCD, is pretty bad.

vinnie
    Free Member

Sometimes viewing by date added can help sort the list

cyclelife
    Free Member

Thought so – need to reload it all again!!!!!!!! Seems to find two copies of some Albums, that I’ve only got one copy of?

fubar
    Free Member

If you check the info (Right-click on track then ‘Get Info’ )on each track it will show you the file location so you can check if there is in fact 2 versions etc

tomzo
    Free Member

what fubar said. heres what i typed before my internet died

Maybe have a look in the itunes folder (my documents -> my music ->itunes) and see if there is two copies of it?

Is all your music consolidated to the itunes folder? As in all the music in itunes comes from the itunes folder. Sounds like you may have 1 copy of it in say a limewire download folder and another which has been copied into the ituens folder and both are being displayed. To see where each track is stored right click on it and then “Get info”, and the files address should be at the bottom of the window

What I’d do, is sort out the music in itunes so its all perfect with no duplicates etc. then go File > Library > Consolidate Library.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Tonzo – sounds like the way forward, I’ve got all my music in My Music/MP3’s at present – so it’s better to have it all under Itunes, does that not stop you from transferring it about to other pc’s etc?

tomzo
    Free Member

no all it does cyclelife is place all the music files into a folder named itunes, and keeps it organised by artist, and ablum name. The folders are just normal windows ones.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I Tunes question – newby!’ is closed to new replies.