Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I Tunes alternative
  • Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’m looking for a (free) alternative to Itunes if possible. I have a large number of CD’s that I’ve ripped onto an external hard drive by using Itunes so it needs to be compatible with those, I’d also like to be able to use it with two different computers but with the same external drive and finally i need to be able to use it with both my Nano and my Touch.
    Does such a thing exist?

Cheers,

Paul.

iDave
    Free Member

iTunes?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

atunes.

Doubletwist.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    _tom_
    Free Member

Winamp works well so long as they’re not the latest generation iPod. Failing that I think foobar2000 might.

Jamie
    Free Member

Does such a thing exist?

Yes. It’s called iTu….oh wait.

IA

It would help people if you say exactly what you can’t do with itunes – it should be able to handle what you describe. Also mac or pc.

You’ll still need itunes itself for software updates and backups for the touch.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Windows = Mediamonkey
    Linux = Rhythmbox

All I have ever used.

billybob
    Free Member

songbird?

mactheknife

Mediamonkey, sweet as a nut.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think iTunes would fit the bill

Danno72
    Free Member

what about for Mac? Tried songbird but didn’t get on with it.Got cog but thats not very good. Not to worried about compatibility with the ipod or iphone but just streaming of a large music library stored on a NAS.

billybob
    Free Member

what about Spotify? It can now be used for music stored locally – dunno if it can be used to update media players tho.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I Tunes alternative’ is closed to new replies.