Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • I think the mountain bike industry is taking the piss out of us under 6 footers!
  • hels
    Free Member

It’s all just fads. New developments to justify new models each year, shift more units. Keep waiting and it will swing back around again.

bigyinn
    Free Member

It’s funny how pussywillnotshutup always posts their trolling threads during the school holidays.

Sandwich

I thought we all had to sign off on any Pussywillow thread.

Mike

greenman
    Free Member

We’ll I might be below average height but I am above average weight so stick……
    no wait that’s not good is it?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Ooops, sorry forgot to sign off.

Rasputin

pussywillow
    Free Member

hels – Member
    It’s all just fads. New developments to justify new models each year, shift more units. Keep waiting and it will swing back around again.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I seriously hope so!! Cos if I’m ever forced with no option but to buy a 29er….I won’t! I’ll stick to me bmx thanks very much, me and the lads at work have been laughing like **** at how daft people look on them their clown bikes! 😆

Pussy™©

b45her
    Free Member

It goes something like this, bike company marketing man sits in an office thinking of ways to push new product because sales have dropped due to bikes not really changing much over the last half a decade or so.

decides to lob some flatbars on a cyclocross bike and the yank fireroad warriors go mad for them.
    finance department notices they are selling well so decides to slap the same big wheels on anything they can get them to fit into accompanied buy a few million pounds worth of advertising budget – yanks go even more mad for them. unfortunately there is a point in suspension travel and bike type where they stop working so 650b is adopted – not really big enough change to make any real difference to handling but big enough not to fit into current frames and forks properly the perfect product to sell some more snake oil to the people that must have the latest bit of kit that bike gaydar is advertising.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

So short people don’t ride 700c road bikes then, isn’t it the frame size not the wheel size that’s the crucial bit.

TheBrick
    Free Member

xc what the majority of riders do

I would say so, but the majority of people wouldn’t class what they do as xc because they want to project a narcore image, but when, in reality, they are, pussies, on a big hitter bike.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

It goes something like this, bike company marketing man sits in an office thinking of ways to push new product because sales have dropped due to bikes not really changing much over the last half a decade or so

Its a shame all the simple folk on her can’t come up with anything better than “its just marketing bull”

pussywillow
    Free Member

b45her – Member
    It goes something like this, bike company marketing man sits in an office thinking of ways to push new product because sales have dropped due to bikes not really changing much over the last half a decade or so.
    decides to lob some flatbars on a cyclocross bike and the yank fireroad warriors go mad for them.
    finance department notices they are selling well so decides to slap the same big wheels on anything they can get them to fit into accompanied buy a few million pounds worth of advertising budget – yanks go even more mad for them. unfortunately there is a point in suspension travel and bike type where they stop working so 650b is adopted – not really big enough change to make any real difference to handling but big enough not to fit into current frames and forks properly the perfect product to sell some more snake oil to the people that must have the latest bit of kit that bike gaydar is advertising.
    POSTED 9 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

+1 this has got to be the most accurate detailed description of how the 29 came on to the scene and brainwashed most of the Lycra cladded crowd.. Amen brother! 😆

Pussy.™©

khani
    Free Member

🙄 oh dear..
    I do wonder who’s troll account you are though, if you’re a regular it’s a piss poor effort..
    Or you’re twelve..

pussywillow
    Free Member

khani – Member
    oh dear..
    I do wonder who’s troll account you are though, if you’re a regular it’s a piss poor effort..
    Or you’re twelve..
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Miserable old ****! 😆

khani
    Free Member

😀 bugger off shortarse!!! Bloody kids today, think they’re bloody inventing it they do…

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

oh dear..
    Or you’re twelve

He reminds me of the infamous Fred. Although not convinced its a comeback from him as he hasn’t ranted about farmers yet.

khani
    Free Member

It’s not Fred, I know him and its not his style.
    And Fred’s not twelve..

LMT
    Free Member

For once i disagree, i had a play on a speshi carve the other day, only a carpark ride more for sizing, im a 5ft5 so short arse and tbh bike felt perfect just needed wider bars lol!

I think with better frame designs we could have 29ers for all!

pussywillow
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep – Member
    oh dear..
    Or you’re twelve
    He reminds me of the infamous Fred. Although not convinced its a comeback from him as he hasn’t ranted about farmers yet.
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    khani – Member
    It’s not Fred, I know him and its not his style.
    And Fred’s not twelve..
    POSTED 6 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

😆
    Cheer up old men, it’s Friday night! And I am allowed to play out till it gets darker which is 8:30 now! Woohoo! 8)

sircharles
    Free Member

Hmmm i do not see the problem with the 29er or the 650b
    it is evolving this sport and you should evolve with it.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

get used to it…

Paceman
    Free Member

Yawn… another 26v29 thread. Just get over it.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Some people just fear change

Or being classified as vertically challeged

But not me pissywallow pussywillow im shortish and happy with my big wheels 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

I love the 26er that I’ve got, no one’s forcing anyone to buy 29ers. They will only take over if everyone buys them.

Anyway, Since when have xc riders been pussies compared with DH anyway? Xc isn’t canal towpaths and the like, and at least we do technical climbs instead of walking uphill!

pussywillow
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    Some people just fear change
    Or being classified as vertically challeged
    But not me pissywallow pussywillow im shortish and happy with my big wheels
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Your spelling is atrocious!!! 🙄

Pussy.™©

pinhead
    Free Member

that sums it up perfectly that! very well put

singlespeedstu

Pussy.
    Does the c thing in your signoff signature stand for ****? 🙂

richmtbguru
    Free Member

singlespeedstu – Member
    Pussy.
    Does the c thing in your signoff signature stand for ****?
    POSTED 40 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

What a thing to say! 🙄
    You may not agree with his or her opinion but there is no such need for foul language! I think I am right in my last post about you being an idiot!
    My opinion on this matter is rather a mixed feel towards what the industry seems to think they can get away with, I am all for bettering the industry as I’ve always played a big part in it myself however not sure about such big wheels being an improvement to alpine riding.. Although it seems an excellent way to propel oneself better on a cross country course.
    Interesting subject and one I feel won’t go away for a long time! 🙄

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘I think the mountain bike industry is taking the piss out of us under 6 footers!’ is closed to new replies.