Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I think that the Mayans may have got their end of the world calculation wrong
  • Harry_the_Spider

It is 11:00am and it is still dark outside here in Bolton.

So… goodbye everybody. It was nice knowing you.

TimP
    Free Member

Still dark here in Hove too

slowmart
    Free Member

Sorry to disappoint you and I hope you haven’t committed any crimes on the basis that the world would have ended by now.

It’s supposed to end on the 21st, however I’d like to quote the Russian PM who “doesn’t believe the world will end, well not this year anyway”

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s dark in Hove cos’ it’s pissing down.

😆

camo16
    Free Member

You’re worried about Mayan prophesy?

These being the same dudes who believed that their first ancestors were made out of maize dough?

And the earth was created by the wind of the sea and sky?

And prophesised that the finest ever comedic TV performance would be made by Gordon Kaye, playing Rene in Allo Allo!?

Harry_the_Spider

I’d agree with them up to the bit about Gordon Kaye.

They also said that the moon landings were a fake.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆

GrahamS

These being the same dudes who believed that their first ancestors were made out of maize dough?

Is that better or worse than thinking your first ancestors were made out of clay by an invisible super hero that lives in the sky? 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Yeah, the Gordon Kaye bit’s confused Mayan theologians for centuries… surely Vicky Michelle was the star attraction of Allo Allo!

camo16
    Free Member

Is that better or worse than thinking your first ancestors were made out of clay by an invisible super hero that lives in the sky?

It’s worse. Maize dough goes off. Clay doesn’t. Plus, your description of God wouldn’t pass muster in year one RE! 😀 You’re missing the bit about the lightening bolts.

Harry_the_Spider

I personally believe that our ancestors were created from the dust bunnies that congregate under furniture if you have wooden floors combined with the matter sneezed out of the nose of a giant mole.

No idea where the mole comes from though.

IHN

Nah, you like many others have forgotten about the switch from the Julian to Gregorian calendars in the middle ages. ‘Our’ 12.12.12 is not the same as the 12.12.12 that they were thinking of.

In fact, they were right and the world has already ended.

Harry_the_Spider

Bugger.

camo16
    Free Member

If you’re Mayan, that’s probably true.

Just consult their theological text and you’ll see quite clearly that:

René: This is my wife, Edith. I have told her everything.
    Michelle Dubois: Will she talk?
    René: Incessantly. But not about anything important.

Enough said.

mogrim

No idea where the mole comes from though.

Given their diet, a wormhole seems a likely bet.

BigJohn

Anyway, 12/12/12 is Roadies day. One Two, One Two, One Two.

camo16
    Free Member

In my belief system, the entire universe was coughed out by a Gnu called Gnigel after chomping on some bad grass. This makes Gnigel the one true God (Gnod).

The paradox that Gnigel must have chomped on bad grass prior to the existence of grass, bad or otherwise, keeps me awake at nights.

Harry_the_Spider

Did Gnigel know my giant mole?

TimP
    Free Member

Still chucking it down in Hove. Sea is getting dangerously full and I didn’t bring my wellies in.

camo16
    Free Member

Seem to remember something about a Nat King Mole the Navigator. Natty dresser, slicked-back hair… HtS, is this your mole?

I’ll have to check the Book of Gnigel and get back to you.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No, he did shit on it once though.

“Man he halth been shit upon.”

somafunk

Icy underfoot, windy – howling wind in fact and driving horizontal sleet and freezing rain, feels and looks like 4pm as it’s so dark outside. Must be December, must be my only day off as it’s been really nice, sunny and crispy frosty earlier on in the week, i promised Toby (mates dog) a walk round the coastline last night…not looking forward to it now. Got the stove lit already, so at least the house is warm.

This is toby, i didn’t dress him up – yeah… i know it’s humiliating to do that to a killer Jack Russell.

Did the mayans prophesise sunny warm weather at any point?, or perhaps a change to our climate? – something similar to the climate in Majorca or Ibiza would be agreeable to myself.

camo16
    Free Member

Did the mayans prophesise sunny warm weather at any point?, or perhaps a change to our climate? – something similar to the climate in Majorca or Ibiza would be agreeable to myself.

Not according to Michael (Mayan) Fish.

See him smiling? He’s a cocky little bugger, that Michael.

Harry_the_Spider

Urgh… a further dilemma… the heel has just fallen off my Chelsea boot which puts me on to this thought process.

1) Are shoes actually sentient and mine has chosen to top itself in light of the impending Mayan apocalypse / English Channel filling up based tsunami?

2) Is it worth getting it re-heeled if we are all going to die next Friday anyway?

So, do I spend my last week with a damp left foot or do I waste one of my remaining few hours in the cobbler’s shop getting high on the glue fumes and talking to the strange nicotine based life form that works there?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Or option 3 – buy a fantiastically expensive pair of swanky new boots on a credit card safe in the knowlegde that you’ll never have to pay for them.

….probably

Harry_the_Spider

I like your thinking.

Anyone else want to join me in facing the abyss dressed like this?

camo16
    Free Member

Urgh… a further dilemma… the heel has just fallen off my Chelsea boot which puts me on to this thought process.

Quick look in the good book comes up with:

“Lo and Gnigel’s right front hoof became kind of sore and ow-ey. And the moles and gnus wept, fearing that their creator required painkillers centuries before the invention of ibuprofen. Yet Gnigel was unafraid. “Heed not my pain,” quoth he, “for I can still hop. Yeah! That’s kinda funky.””

Book of Gnigel, I-IV.

Sound advice there, HtS

bikebouy
    Free Member

Option 3 sounds a winner, but then credit is just that, and we’re all living on borrowed time anyhoo’s.

^^^ that Michael ^^^ he’d look good covered in batter and served with proper chips N grevey, like init.

T’is Friday afterall.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Erm.. HtS, No, I’m already in Dress Down Friday mode and I don’t look like I’ve bought the right clothing with me.

On your own Son.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I think that the Mayans may have got their end of the world calculation wrong’ is closed to new replies.