• This topic has 121 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • I think more of you agree with Nick Griffin than you'll admit to
  • grumm
    Free Member

I might as well say that all singlespeeders are BNP supporters.

I think you might be on to something here. Lots of people use on-ones as singlespeeds – on-one are based in yorkshire where there's lots of BNP supporters. Hmmmm….

RichPenny
    Free Member

Grantway, I'm from Essex originally, so I have actually been to east london a few times! Lived in London for a while too, hated it… Going there for a gig next month, so I'll have a look around. I'll be walking and using the train. Not staying for long though, it's a bit of a dive 😉 You should come and have a look at the west country, it's lovely and there's hardly anyone here 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Yup it's not overcrowded where I live either. It's overcrowded in places like London and the SE where most people CHOOSE to live because that's where the money and 'opportunities' are, and that's what's important to them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zaskar
    Free Member

Well having nearly 1,000,000 people come in and not accounted for would not go down well with some people and hence they were not happy.

I saw this coming 5 yrs ago when other countries refused and Britain and Denmark allowed the Polish to come over.

Thing is they were expecting 50,000ish and not 1,000,000!

People don't like change and like to blame others for their problems.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I would disagree with "not overcrowded", you compare this country with other countries and we are much more densely populated than most other European nations. People say the problems are down to infrastructure but building more infrastructure isn't the answer – we'll just end up tarmacing most of the country.

BTW – I grew up in a country more densely populated than England and I've seen the issues this causes (not including Wales Scotland etc as I'm English and I believe this is more a problem in England than other aspects of the UK or Great Britain).

grumm
    Free Member

we are much more densely populated than most other European nations.

Not really – less densely populated than Holland and Belgium, not too different to Germany, quite a lot more than France and Italy. (referring to Britain not England)

And I suspect the majority of English population density is in the SE, where you couldn't pay me to go and live. 😉

Smee
    Free Member

I thought the UK was the second most densely populated country in the world behind the Netherlands. They seem a happy enough lot, so what we need to do is legalise drugs and hookers – problem solved.

grantway
    Free Member

Richpenny LOL your a Tourist Have fun at the concert
    West Country only know the M25 😕

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

I think that the BNP is a hugely dangerous organisation, the people who vote for them fail to see the subtly of their fascist policies, but too hear the appealing social and economic wrapping. The BNP speak directly to a disenfranchised and disconnect section of society. Like NG’s notion of a “nice Ku Klux Klan” the BNP are nice fascist.
    The more the sophisticated intelligencia rail against them, the more they appear the underdog the more support they will gain.
    For the record Christianity, Judaism and Islam – the Abrahamic religions all have a common root and are in essence facets of the same religion – the indigenous population of the British Isles are the Saxon, Breton (as in Brittan –clues in the name), Celts and Nordic races – and as such all are immigrants from Europe and Scandinavia – oh and the true British religion is most likely Pagan – so were does this leave the BNP

geetee1972
    Free Member

Tandem jeremy – you've either not read all my posts or you haven't grasped the point I am making. By dismissing m argument so out of hand you demonstrate the point I am making. It's he I'm right and you're wrong approach to politics that is driving support towards the BNP.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have read your posts and understand your point – I just think you are ignorant of the true facts and completely deluded – factual errors all over the place. complete lack of understanding of what the BNP are and stand for.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Baroness Warsi has views on immigration that aren't that different to the BNP (their current official views anyway). Her views on the muslim council of Briton are pretty similar too. I think she shares similar views to him on radical islam and on the oppression of women.

I'm sure how she came to these views is different. I'd vote for her. She can be PM (I'd rather have her than Dave).

So… by a small logical step I'm pretty much a BNP supporter.

The fact is a lot of their policies are completely reasonable. I'll be voting for Dave and Warsi though. Actually I don't need to bother, you could stick a blue rosette on monkey and it would get voted in where I live, with or without my support.

hora
    Free Member

People don't like change and like to blame others for their problems.

Aye and alot of people dislike changes to their economic situation. It doesnt make them automatically racist.

To be racist you have to hate someones race/origin. Hating someone for coming into your town and taking all your jobs doesnt make you a racist. It makes you a pissed off unemployed person.

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

As I saw painted on a wall in Birmingham: BNP but the next day some wag had added some letters under it so it read as "Bald No Penis"

Don't ignore or attack them…just point and laugh.

Spring time for Hitler….

SSP

hora
    Free Member

just point and laugh.

just make sure your pointing doesnt go above shoulder height

Northwind

Hora wrote, "Hating someone for coming into your town and taking all your jobs doesnt make you a racist. It makes you a pissed off unemployed person."

That's correct. But believing that foreigners have come into your town and taken all of your jobs makes you either a racist or an idiot.

hora
    Free Member

That's correct. But believing that foreigners have come into your town and taken all of your jobs makes you either a racist or an idiot.

so if you work in manufacturing- and all the jobs are in manufacturing? a la northern mill towns etc?

5thElefant
    Free Member

It is quite clearly the case that eastern europeans have driven down the cost of builders, plumbers etc (which is great, unless that's what you do).

One area I know well is the hospitality industry, which is dominated by immigrant workers. That suggests that those jobs are no longer available to people who were born here.

So…

To suggest that immigrant workers have not taken jobs and driven down wages is simply a lie. It's fine by me though. I like cheap plumbers and pretty waitresses.

Branding people racist idiots isn't big or clever. They almost certainly are idiots and probably racists too, but that's not why they're voting BNP. They'll vote for Baroness Warsi just as happily as long as she offers the same as the BNP (and I'm buggered if I can see a practical difference).

AndyP
    Free Member

One area I know well is the hospitality industry, which is dominated by immigrant workers. That suggests that those jobs are no longer available to people who were born here.

The jobs are available to anyone. Usually it's the immigrant workers who are prepared to do them for the money on offer. More power to them.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The jobs are available to anyone. Usually it's the immigrant workers who are prepared to do them for the money on offer. More power to them

I agree completely. I'd employ someone who has got off their arse and come half way around the world in preference to a local any day.

Which to the lazy home grown halfwit is a major problem. I have no sympathy for them, but I do understand their point of view.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Ive never voted BNP and never thought i would untill Nick Griffin said he would pull our troops out of Afgan

i lost an old mate from school there

so i'm affraid to say i feel so strongly about our troop being killed over there

i hate to say it but…..he'd get my vote

AndyP
    Free Member

was your old school friend conscripted?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Hence the danger of the BNP

hora
    Free Member

Hang on rewind. I think I cracked a reasonably funny quip:

just point and laugh.

just make sure your pointing doesnt go above shoulder height

Yet no one laughed. This is a bigger outrage than any race-thingy 😐

grantway
    Free Member

To say they Have Not driven down wages is a real lie
    Most of my friends work in various trades and finding it very
    hard to earn a decent wage was earning £ 150 a day now £ 80

Do try and get a job at building the Olympic stadiums
    All you hear is that Its on Budget The govement avoid this question
    like the plague
    One guy I know told me he was told no work as they can get Two for the price of One.

I myself make Very High end Kitchen and Bespoke furniture
    and constantly fed up of nearly being blown up or electricuted
    or flooded and also having to tell the clients to get all this inspected
    has not done correctly.

So many stories that I can tell you will not believe.So called plumbers putting the bayonet fitting for a Gas oven upside down to an so called
    electrican trying to wire an Oven upto 1.5 lighting cable is only the tip

I myself will not employ any of these.

I walk past houses where i live and my road consists of what you call
    a two up two down house normal occupy per house is 3 to 5 persons,a family
    Peolpe are renting out houses and putting upto 4 to 5 in each room
    So the average house has 14 people in.

So employ has much as you like and can, and i hope it kills you

5thElefant
    Free Member

Yet no one laughed. This is a bigger outrage than any race-thingy

I laughed, but not with my fingers.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

so if you work in manufacturing- and all the jobs are in manufacturing?

It's the Chinese who stole your manufacturing jobs. And they don't live here.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok I will give you a LOL for it 😆

hora – Member

so if you work in manufacturing- and all the jobs are in manufacturing? a la northern mill towns etc?
    You missed out it being 1973 as well ther though Hora.

Trailmoggy FFS you agree with one policy on Iraq and that is enough for you to ignore evrything else he stands for …brave of you to admit it mind… is just plain silly. This of course ignores the fact he will never be in a position to implement it. I am sorry your friend died but that has a habit of happening to people who join an organisation whose primary duty/job is to wage war (and I lost my best mate from school there as well but he made his choice and he knew the risks).

Most of my friends work in various trades and finding it very
    hard to earn a descent wage was earning £ 150 a day now £ 80[/Quote]

Blame everyone who refuses to pay your mates £150 a day FFS who the hell else earns that a day and £80 per day os still about the national average wage so they are still doing OK they are just no longer ripping us off. We have cheaper alternatives now. One positive of the free market if you ask me. Do teachers, nurses etc earn this do they ****. Welcome to the real work construction industry workers.

hora
    Free Member

It's the Chinese who stole your manufacturing jobs. And they don't live here.

See. Those **** Chinese. Coming here to Craggy Island, taking our jobs.

I must bid you good day Sirs, I have to keep an Indian Restaurant in business along with a few bars tonight 😀

trailmoggy
    Free Member

AndyP…..you know full well my friend wasn't conscripted

but he chose to join up rather than a life of crime or being stuck in a dead end job, maybe get a young girl pregnant and live of benefits

later on in his school life my mate went a but daft and got into a bit of bother and i pressume thats the reason he joined up to sort himself out and give himself opportunities and come out a better person

AndyP
    Free Member

Fair play to him. I still can't work out why you'd vote for fascists just because your friend chose to join the army?

grumm
    Free Member

Ive never voted BNP and never thought i would untill Nick Griffin said he would pull our troops out of Afgan

i lost an old mate from school there

so i'm affraid to say i feel so strongly about our troop being killed over there

i hate to say it but…..he'd get my vote

Sorry but that's a really stupid reason to vote for a racist party.

hard to earn a descent wage was earning £ 150 a day now £ 80

Only earning about £20,000 a year working full time? Sounds like a reasonable wage to me.

grantway
    Free Member

LOL Grumm What £ 80 quid a day for a self employed skilled labour you are having a laugh
    Like to see you pay a mortgage in London on that
    or any where come to that

5thElefant
    Free Member

Only earning about £20,000 a year working full time? Sounds like a reasonable wage to me.

Does a 50% pay cut sound reasonable to you? For you, not for someone else. Obviously a 50% pay cut for someone else is fine. But if you were on the receiving end?

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Because i feel so strongly about areholes like Tony Blair and Gordon Brown throwing young lads to the lions…….and for what?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you really suggesting no one in London gets less than £80 a day? Really are you?

How about sell your house release the equity move up North buy a house outright and live like a King on £80 a day?

50% wage cut for people who have been overcharging for years by operating a closed shop does indeed seem reasonable.

Moggy many of share your views on the war in Iraq but to vote BNP for that reason alone is just daft.

Northwind

Excellent, I thought I was going to have to argue with Hora but other people have done it for me :mrgreen:

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If troups out is your biggest issue there are other choices than the BNP – Lim Dems, Green, SSP, SNP in Scotland.

If xenophobia is your thing then UKIP

The BNP are relying on a few eyecatching things suchj as troups out / islamophobia to attrct votes by those who don't think this thru.

Vote BNP you are voting for a racist party who consider that the "english" whoever they are are victims of genocide, who consider that London is no longer an English city, who believe the holocaust was a hoax etc etc

grumm
    Free Member

Does a 50% pay cut sound reasonable to you? For you, not for someone else. Obviously a 50% pay cut for someone else is fine. But if you were on the receiving end?

I have heard some of the thickest, least conscientious people I have ever met bragging about earning a grand a week working on building sites, making crappily cobbled together houses/flats. I don't think the fact that that can't happen any more is anything to mourn. I bet decent tradesmen can still make a decent living.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Because i feel so strongly about areholes like Tony Blair and Gordon Brown throwing young lads to the lions…….and for what?

Hmmm…. Members of my family have (and still are) out there. They are there because they want to be.

In the early days of the war (when was that, 7 years ago?) I'm sure you had a point. But now? If you don't want to go you leave or (more realistically) you don't join up in the first place.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘I think more of you agree with Nick Griffin than you'll admit to’ is closed to new replies.