• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I think I've only gone and done it and built a bike I'm perfectly happy with….
  • DrP

..(mostly!)

I’ve been riding the meta 5 for years (in various frames and incarnations).
    I think I’ve finally got it sussed!! Going 1×10 with clutch mech seemed to be the last piece of the puzzle 😀
    It’s not too bling, but not too shabby – a nice mix of mostly XT, with a bit of XTR.
    Bars and stem are Easton Haven (carbon bars) and of course it has the reverb dropper.
    Going 1×10 allowed me to free up space on the LH side of the bar for the reverb lever (allowing it to go under the bar)

All in all, it’s such a fun bike – I’ve done 100 mile rides on it, I’ve beasted around the alps on it, and it’s usually taken out weekly over the local stomping ground (south downs).
    Comes in at about 29lbs – could be lighter with a lighter wheelset, but I’m not too bothered….

It’s nice to be finally completely happy with a bike!

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7298/9422924916_ccd30726af_z.jpg[/img]

It really is a class ‘do it all’ bike!

I think there was a thread of a similar vain recently, but it’s always nice to see pics of bikes people are completely happy with!!

DrP

nwill1
    Free Member

Very nice, just built me an Orange Five, not a dissimilar build, going 1×10 but wanted to get a few more reports back on the front ring, cluch mech, no guid set up…how you finding it (based on you saying the bike is now perfect, very good)?

Also what front ring is it? Can’t make it out.

N.

DrP

Chainring is a Works thick-tin, 34t with 11-36 at the back.
    I’ve blatted over all sorts of rocks and roots, and not dropped the chain.
    Tres bon

DrP

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Is that a thick-thin ring? Surprised chain stays on even with a clutch mech. Looks good though.

nwill1
    Free Member

Superb, I will go with it, so far all reports are very positive. Just need to decide 34, 32 or 30 T.n.

N.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Now you just need to upgrade the wheel circumference! Looks good, is that a Wolf designs ring? I really should get one of those as I have dropped my chain a couple more times since our ride on the downs…

iainc

interestingly, I have my reverb lever inside the shifter/brake clamp (iSpec) – never thought of puting it where you have it – might try it there !

wrecker
    Free Member

Like. Those commies have always looked the part.

It’s nice to be finally completely happy with a bike!

could be lighter with a lighter wheelset

The seed is already planted. I give those wheels 3 months 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the colour but you need to change the Balance Bike wheels 😆

patriotpro
    Free Member

I’m perfectly happy with….

appart from

could be lighter with a lighter wheelset,

DrP

Hey hey…
    “could be lighter” is just a statement of fact isn’t it, and not a desire to change….
    ..yet…

DrP

portlyone

Looks great

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I think there was a thread of a similar vain recently, but it’s always nice to see pics of bikes people are completely happy with!!

Vain? Moi?

granny_ring

Congrats!
    I’m always fiddle arsing about with frames and builds, one day I hope to be where you are….. 🙂

Riksbar

I had hoped this was a Hora thread.

_tom_
    Free Member

Looks really nice! I really wish I could be happy with just one bike. My Voltage is so close but a bit too heavy for longer rides and the seat tube/top tube are also a bit short. Loads of fun downhill and in the air though..

Cheezpleez

Very nice. Indeed.

nickdavies

Looks ace. I’m not there yet, tidying up the bike room on the weekend and amongst other things just lying around I had 2 frames, 7 tyres, 1 shock, 2 prs forks, 3 front mechs, 2 sets of brakes, a spare pair of wheels and numerous tools i’ve used once. I’m still not happy with the bike!

No-one told me biking was a money pit 😉

velocipede
    Free Member

I always find that getting a bike just right coincides with selling it and starting all over again – is that just me?!!!

danielgroves
    Free Member

Very similar to my Meta5 build, 1*10, Dropper, Revelations etc.

Also very very happy with mine, although it could be a bit lighter I only every think this when trying to haul it over a gate/fence. ~32lbs

reggiegasket
    Free Member

that’s massive – you need a 29er 😉

garage-dweller

Lovely. Cleverly excluded any garden in those shots I notice. It must be very untidy if you don’t dare show us any pictures. My like it so much I won’t change it build is a bit less nice but has been in that form for a year.

DrP

I really wish I could be happy with just one bike.

😳

1/10 isn’t that great a happy:unhappy ratio…..!

DrP

hora
    Free Member

Whats the cheapest way into 1×10?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I think I've only gone and done it and built a bike I'm perfectly happy with….’ is closed to new replies.