Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I think I’ve got food poisoning – doctors in the house?
  • Pook

Did a BBQ in the park yesterday, played a few games of softball, footy etc. Anyway, within a couple of hours of getting home, my stomach started clenching, I felt really bloated as if there was a lump of concrete in my belly, and then I had to go and chuck up, sweating and shivering at the same time. Not nice.
    Today my stomach feels very tender, I feel awful and the thought of food doesn’t really appeal.
    Now, is it food poisoning, or is it just a lot of food, then exercise too soon after?

Before the BBQ, I went to the farmer’s market and had an ostrich burger, then some smoked trout from the samples on the stalls.
    At the BBQ, we had typical BBQ fare, I’m the only one who had stuff from the market, everyone had stuff at the BBQ.

Help!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

M
    T
    F
    U

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Any chicken involved anywhere along the line?

Pook

no chicken.

Moses

Sounds like food poisoning to me.
    Ostrich burger?

Raw yogurt for you, Pook, replace those nasty bugs with something better for you

mogrim

Sounds like food poisoning to me (caveat: not a doctor…) Assuming you don’t start feeling worse, I’d give it a day and if you still feel bad go to the doctor.

More info here: article on food poisoning

mogrim

And stick to non-dairy foods! Apples, bananas, white rice…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Real food poisoning will have you running from both ends I guess

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/food_poisoning/article_em.htm

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ostrich burger?

Could have been a chicken on drugs.

BigJohn

I always thought there was a reason you chose Puke as a forum name.

skiprat
    Free Member

Plenty of liquid and plain white foods was what i was told by NHS direct when i had it. Rice, paste, potatoes, bread. Nothing tasty,just boring stuff.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I think I’ve got food poisoning – doctors in the house?’ is closed to new replies.