Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,758 total)
  • I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.
  • therealhoops
    Free Member

Good effort there Mark. Keep punching it in the balls. Does Will know about this thread?

scaredypants

fantastic news on the scans, Mark !

(trying for a long-shot day off for Weds)

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Now that has put a smile on my face, excellent news fella 🙂

Bunnyhop

Thanks for the update.
    It's such good news for you and Meg.

I've said this before but I really do think you need to write everything down and maybe in the future have it all published. Your writing is from the heart, honest, funny, interesting and so inspirational to us all.

All the best for 2010.

xx

crapbutlovingit
    Free Member

I'm up to my armpits in rock hard snow up here, but that pesky dust just keeps wafting through!

Delighted with your positive news – suggest you keep on pissing the Leading Twit off by doing the biologically 'impossible'. Contrary is clearly the way to go.

May 2010 continue in the same vein!

Best McWishes to you both.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Well done Mark, everything appears to be going to plan 🙂 Please do remember that there's no pressure on you to post stuff up on here: it's supposed to be for you to let off steam and get whatever you need from in order to get better. And I've said it before, but I absolutely promise you that whatever you're getting from this, the community on STW is receiving back in equal and greater measure. Your attitude is an inspiration for all of us.

Happy New Year 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

What a positive start to 2010! Fantastic news.

clareymorris

I read your posts and never know what to say – how crap is that?!

Keep questioning, keep pushing, keep pissing people off and defo keep writing!!

Merry Christmas, and all of our best wishes and positive thoughts for 2010, and beyond ;-D

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

top news. seriously, I'm absolutely chuffed to bits for you.

Currently trying to see if I can get tomorrow off forthis south downs jaunt…

gazman
    Free Member

great to hear this news, enjoy the ride and please post some pics, all the very best for 2010.

gazman

CliveA

You, sir, rock.

Ride on.

ononeorange

Great news and great attitude! Really, really pleased to hear it. Keep it up!

bigsi
    Free Member

Just had the pleasure of riding with Mark on the South Downs Crimbo Ride and can i just say what a nice bloke he is and not at all afraid to laugh at himself or take the pi$$ despite being in what must be quite a scarry situation.

I am now more sure than ever that if anyone can nail this cancer to the floor and keep it there its you.

I look forward to seeing you out again soon Mark 😀

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Great news, Mark, keep fighting.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Just picked up this thread… WOW !
    "All the very best to You and Yours" for the future…
    Bobsoff..

bullheart
    Free Member

Great ride today with bigsi and a load of fellas from Sussex MTB. Thanks folks; enjoyed it muchly!

Just been to the GP's because I think I ripped a muscle two weeks ago in my abs. I had a different GP, who read through my recent case history with
    his jaw on the floor. He turned to me and said;

"I simply don't know what to do Mr Fradgley"

And, as if the opportunity had been delivered by the gods themselves, I responded with;

"Doctor. You're going to man up and prescribe me some medication, because I need a bath and my arse hurts…"

Ahhh, those blissful sarcoma moments…

marsdenman
    Free Member

"Doctor. You're going to man up and prescribe me some medication, because I need a bath and my arse hurts…"

😆
    Mark – that made me spit beer – invoice on its way to you for
    a. another bottle
    b. a new macbook keyboard…

BTW – take it he did not bother to ask why your arse is hurting …. 😀

Glad to hear you had a good ride.
    Regards to you an MrsF
    C&S

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Now there is an opportunity that doesn't occur everyday, glad you seized it 🙂

Ambrose

Absolutely 'kin fantastic- I'm crying with laughter!

bigsi
    Free Member

PMSL 😆

Glad you enjoyed the ride Mark 🙂

toss
    Free Member

Absolutley TOP Fella! "Thas a proper, reet real MON!" (as they say up here).

Nice one pal.

T

bullheart
    Free Member

He kept looking me up and down, covered in clay/mud/grime, repeating the same thing.

"You're very ill according to your notes, but you certainly don't look ill, do you?"

Nice work Doctor. I can see the Nobel Prize for bloody obvious diagnosis winging itself to you in the near future. If he was a vet I'd probably expect a Bear/Defecation/Wooded Area statement around this time. Jesus…
    Where do my taxes go?

Bunnyhop

Very, very funny.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

LMAO it's amazing what comments Dr's come out with! Keep fighting it, it's obviously working! otherwise I don't know what else to say other than an inspiration!! all the best for 2010.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Is it just me, or can anyone esle see a TV programme in all this? Can you write a screenplay, Mark?

bullheart
    Free Member

I can only just write my name; a screenplay will be far more challenging…

Mr Woppit, when/where do you ride?

ourmaninthenorth

Funniest thing I have read in a long time. And your previous post was startling wh its news – that's fantastic.

Surely, surely, this is now a matter of time only – great work, Mark (and Meg). Keep going!

Verbal-Kint
    Free Member

inspiring as always,

and funny as well, great news

Pigface
    Free Member

😀 😀 😀 😆 😀 😆 😀 😆

racefaceec90

i'm glad to hear that you are making a great recovery.keep kicking it's ass mate. ps have only just got back online after 3 months (saving some cash towards my new stumpy bike) i remember reading your thread at the beginning.that is some great news man. as i said before,if you are ever around devizes way (wiltshire),i would be happy to show you some trails.good luck to you and everyone for 2010.adam 🙂

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

petesgaff – Member

Outstanding. I wish I could think of words like than when needed.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Laughing like a madman too 😆

bullheart
    Free Member

Is anyone hoping to do SSEC 2010? I've requested a place, but if I manage to get one I don't have anyone to pootle around with. Is anyone else hoping to do it? Fancy dragging my fat diseased arse around with you?

Hell, I don't even know how serious it is. Is it a proper race? I'm only doing it because I'm too lazy to fit a rear mech…

Ambrose

😯

TN
    Free Member

Ha haa. Mark, you're cracked!
    (in a good way)

bullheart
    Free Member

Ha ha ha! I've just been sternly reminded that we're due to go on honeymoon during SSEC 2010!

SSUK in August anyone?

rickmeister

Pete, Meg, great news for the new year, all the very best… inspirational……

There has to be a ST article in this somewhere and as for that line telling the doc to MTFU……

Hope your arse is better…. !

woody2000

More power to your elbow Mark, good on you! 🙂

vit-t
    Free Member

Great to read your recent posts Mark, you really do have this fecker on the ropes now.

Keep kicking, keep fighting everystep of the way. The STW army are right there with you all the way.

Here is to you and Meg in 2010!

So what tyres do you use for riding a singlespeed with a sarcoma? 😆

MrWoppit
    Free Member

petesgaff – Member

I can only just write my name; a screenplay will be far more challenging…

Mr Woppit, when/where do you ride?

Where: Surrey Hills (local). Wales: Occasionally.

When: Not often in winter/mixed with walking.

How: Not very fast (old git status).

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,758 total)

The topic ‘I think I'm about to be diagnosed with cancer, and I'm fairly scared.’ is closed to new replies.