Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I think i was threatened today.
  • aa
    Free Member

By a man who accused my youngest child of punching his child (she put her finger near other childs eye). Then said she had ‘abused’ the other kid. Abused….i asked if he knew what it meant! And that maybe we should call the authorities.

He was very aggresive and even squared up to me at one point.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was this in a zoo?

chewkw
    Free Member

You might be dealing with a zombie without knowing … Benelli M4 is your answer.

aa
    Free Member

as it happens….kind of!

A monkey park

Drac

DD beat me to it.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Do you 100% know if your child didn’t punch him?
    If so then go nuts.

HTH.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Amateurs. 😉

bearnecessities

If so then go monkeynuts

aa
    Free Member

Yeah, she’s a little over 18months old so hasn’t mastered more than a slap yet.
    Plus, i was next to her.

Dd, drac, thats gone over my head!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d have gone apeshit myself.

badnewz
    Free Member

I’ve been reflecting on conflict resolution the last few weeks, after watching how my father dealt with his next door neighbour’s ongoing building works. Old school – he politely knocked, politely asked how long they would go on for, the neighbour politely informed him, not much longer, and apologised for the noise.
    When he told me about it, I reflected, I don’t know if many people have those basic conflict resolution skills anymore. I think more and more people are simply looking for a fight, rather than actual resolution and reconciliation.

aa
    Free Member

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like the other guy was doing a bit of chest beating.

slackalice
    Free Member

Tsk tsk. One word.

Monsanto.

There. Said it.

jekkyl

Some people are scum. I hate aggressive f wits.

El-bent
    Free Member

Some people are scum. I hate aggressive f wits.

Had a strange incident riding along a canal, rode up behind a father and son on their bikes, the tow path was a little narrow, the father then pulls over to let me pass. It was still a little narrow, father at this point was riding one handed as he was using his phone. Got past them and as I turned to say thank you, he hurled an explosion of expletives at me for not say thanks and so on. I turned and looked at him with a wtf look on my face and then rode on.

He then came charging up behind me got alongside so I stopped, he then shouted ” If I ever catch you on this path again, I’m going to f*****g kill you”. I tried to say I was going to thank him, but he just carried on swearing, so I smiled and rode on.

It was at this point the rage clicked in. I stopped, turned to face him and said “you threatened to kill me eh? Well come on then, this is your chance”. Strangely enough, he didn’t want to kill me after all.

I said he was setting a fine example for his son, laughed at him and rode off.

ton

fighting never does any good.

benji
    Free Member

Now all we need to do is convince the rest of the worlds population.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Used to do it as a kid, quite enjoyed it.

jam-bo

Some people I know find conflict and aggravation everywhere they go.

zokes
    Free Member

Nah, you just have to be better at it than the other guy

footflaps

Sometimes the only way to deal with aggressive people is just to play their own game. I once touched bars with another rider on an uphill sprint on a Tri-club training ride. The guy flipped and just went mental at me threatening to knock me off my bike and punch my lights out etc etc. I tried the whole calm conflict resolution apology thing, but it didn’t work, and he wouldn’t let go, so in the end I just looked him in the eye and said ‘Shut the f*** up or I’ll get my leatherman out my saddle bag and cut your f***ing throat’. It worked, he shut up instantly, rode off in the other direction and has never looked me in the eye since.

NB I don’t actually have a leatherman in my tool kit.

Junkyard
    Free Member

and sometimes its a good way to get the shit kicked out of you

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Footflaps, threatening someone with a leatherman?! How very STW!

richpips
    Free Member

He was very aggresive and even squared up to me at one point.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

Someone maybe mistakenly sticking up for their kid.

+1

zokes
    Free Member

Someone maybe mistakenly sticking up for their kid.

Grow up

richpips
    Free Member

Edit. Off for a ride now.

user-removed
    Free Member

ton – Member

I’m guessing the “Fist-Pie” workshop is off then 🙁

hora
    Free Member

You could standup but then somepeople are either nutjobs or you’ve been unlucky that day. Part of conflict resolution is getting out of violence by withdrawing. Its not cowardly in every situation.

Bagstard
    Free Member

The other side of the coin is that kids can be pretty mean and some parents pay no attention to what their little darlings are up to.

I’ve witnessed other children being pretty nasty to my 21/2 year old in various situations only to find the parents playing with their phones paying no attention. If my son is being a little monster he gets pulled on it pronto.

piemonster

The other parent?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I think i was threatened today.’ is closed to new replies.