Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • I think I may have just made up a joke, can someone verify this please…
  • augustuswindsock

Dirty rider, surely there can’t be two comedy geniuses out there?

tillydog
    Free Member

A man walks up to an ice-cream kiosk and in a croaky voice says:

“large vanilla cone, please”

“Certainly sir… Crushed nuts?”

“No, laryngitis…”

AND

My favoirite, ever:

“Would you like to see my newt…?

…He’s called ‘Tiny'”

“Why is he called ‘Tiny’?”

“Because he’s my newt.”

IWGMC

zippykona

I lost my voice last week, you didn’t hear me moaning about it though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

L’hoste
    – L’hoste qui ça?
    – Oui!

globalti
    Free Member

I didn’t make up a joke but I started one off in Spain.

Waaaay back in 1977 when I was an English Assistant at a Spanish Poly I told my room-mate the old chestnut about the kid travelling through the city in a taxi with his Mum. He asks: “Mum, who are all those ladies waiting on the corners?” Mum blushes red and stammers: “Er… er… they’re sailors’ wives waiting for their husbands to come home!” The taxi driver turns round and says: “Tell the lad the truth! They’re prostitutes, that’s what they are!” The mother is furious but says nothing. A few minutes later the small boy asks again: “Mum, do prostitutes have little boys?” The mum replies: “Of course they do – where do you think taxi divers come from?”

The effect was uexpected as my room mate almost pissed himself laughing. Anybody who speaks a bit of Spanish will know that this joke works better in Spanish than in English because the favourite Spanish curse is “Hijo de puta!” which means literally “Son of a whore” and is used very commonly in the sense of the American “Sonofabitch”.

So the next day I told the same joke to one of my classes with the same result – instant hysterical laughter. I must have told the joke to 250 different students during that week and kick-started it in Spain because most will have gone straight home and re-told it. About five years later I was back in Spain and a Spaniard told me the very same joke, unchanged and using the very same words, so well did the joke work in Spanish. I reckon my joke ony had to find its way to the ears of somebody who worked for radio or TV and it must have gone national because I’m certain it was brand new to eveybody who heard it from me.

My claim to fame.

Lester
    Free Member

i dont like dogs,
    and yesterday i woke up to see a german shepherd sh***ing on my lawn,
    today he brought his dog as well

johndoh
    Free Member

My two jokes:

(To my dad when I was about 14)

‘I’m watching my weight’

‘Yes, you’re watching it go up’

(Eating ice cream with the family and an opera singer on the radio in the background)

‘Is this Vianetta?’

‘No, it’s Pavarotti’

bros
    Free Member

OP, top quality gag. Nicely done.

welshfarmer

Sorry noltae, but you have pinched my joke (and no doubt a million others who lay claim to it as it is so obvious….

you would have to be mad to swim in the river in Paris. In fact, you would be insane

A few others I made up that I can remember…

What is a diversion? A welshmans’ way of doing something
    What you call a bunch of unconvinced people sat in a large container? A sceptic tank

Bookings being taken….talk to my agent 🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

According to the board ironing is decreasing.

That’s mine.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘I think I may have just made up a joke, can someone verify this please…’ is closed to new replies.