• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • I think I have a problem – Help!
  • nigelb001
    Free Member

Ok, I have been coming here to the forum for a few months and everything seems generally fine, I pick up snippets of information, laugh at some posts, cringe at others and make a few comments (generally ignored). However I don’t think everything is rosy, I’ve a feeling I’m either anti-social or I just don’t get the spirit of posting on the forum. Let me give you a few examples from the last few weeks.

A while ago I went for a ride at one of the Welsh trail centres. Yes, I just went! I didn’t ask here if I should, nor did I start a thread on how to get there, nor did I start one entitled ‘Afan what are the conditions?’. I still don’t know how I managed to decide all of this, but it was good.

While snowed up the last couple of weekends, I decided to make some mods to my hardtail, changing it to 1×10 from 2×9. Once again I managed to decide to do this without asking ‘Talk to me about 1×10’. I even chose the Zee groupset without asking ‘Single ring cranksets – recommendations please!’ and actually ordered it without starting a ‘Best price for Zee’ thread or even a ‘CRC voucher code please’ thread. Work that out!

The fitting of this groupset mostly went Ok but had trouble lining up the Superstar XCR chain device and with the chainline. Yes I know I should have asked here (‘Superstar bb mount chain device – What’s that all about?????’ thread) but somehow I just worked it out – creative use of spacers.

It came to a head on Friday though. I had been eyeing up a lighter wheelset on a well known suppliers ‘price drop’ offer when the price finally dropped to a remarkable low. I just bought it. I soon realised that I should have started a ‘Crank Brothers Iodine wheelset – will I die??’ thread just to have seen the negative comments and resulting flaming. But I knew all that so I didn’t.

By now you can see my problem, I am managing to make my own decisions, but there’s a voice in my head saying “Go on, start that useless thread to waste everyone’s time, you sucker!” So far I am resisting it, but I don’t know for how long………

MrGreedy

“Go on, start that useless thread to waste everyone’s time, you sucker!” So far I am resisting it, but I don’t know for how long………

Obvious irony is ironic 😉

messiah
    Free Member

flatfish
    Free Member

Feeling your pain brother 😀

lazybike
    Free Member

You don’t have to read every thread, just the ones that interest you… 😕

tmb467
    Free Member

what size chainring on the Zee chainset please?

br
    Free Member

I am managing to make my own decisions,

Yes, but you bought a CB wheelset… Lets hope your decisions never affect others 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I think I have a problem – Help!’ is closed to new replies.