• This topic has 104 replies, 54 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by benji.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)
  • I suddenly feel like moving to Sweden.
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Sigh.

DT78
    Free Member

I feel like moving to scotland

jambalaya
    Free Member

I guess my move to Switzerland is on hold sadly 😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Finland for me

redthunder
    Free Member

I feel like moving to the garage

allthepies
    Free Member

I feel like chicken tonight.

Cougar

If we can just renegotiate the England / Scotland border to somewhere around Birmingham…

molgrips
    Free Member

Federal UK might help…

camo16
    Free Member

If we can just renegotiate the England / Scotland border to somewhere around Birmingham…

+1

“Northernland” has a certain ring to it, but we’re excluding Cheshire straight off. That’ll be our Lesotho.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Riksbar

“Northernland” has a certain ring to it, but we’re excluding Cheshire straight off. That’ll be our Lesotho.

Rain City has a certain ring to it.

5thElefant
    Free Member

A big wall is an infrastructure project that could unite us all 😀

camo16
    Free Member

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Rain City has a certain ring to it.

That’s the great thing about Northernland. We get a Government that represents Scottish/Northern interests and you still get to feel superior.

So, a win-win. 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Pigface – Member
    Finland for me

Findus for me.

MSP

The south can keep Cheshire and Harrogate, but in exchange the north gets Cornwall, which I think would be reet nice with all the Londoners kicked out and people actually living in the homes.

camo16
    Free Member

but in exchange the north gets Cornwall

Might have to move most of the Cornish out though. Now that’s a major infrastructure project. 😀

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I think I’ll be looking at ‘relocating’ when I’m at Tweedlove in a few weeks..

jfletch
    Free Member

If you thought a Labour victory was going to turn britain into some kind of Swedish sytle utopia then 😯

They had 13 years last time an didn’t get us close.

molgrips
    Free Member

No, don’t be stupid.

I just don’t like the thought that the majority of people don’t give a shit about others.

Of course it’s not true, that’s the frustrating part. Most ‘ordinary’ people are left leaning, but somehow they get duped to vote for the party that ends up benefiting the rich few.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I live in Kent, but I’ve already pledged allegiance to Scotland.

If only Scotland were 750 miles to the southwest and midge free…

camo16
    Free Member

Of course it’s not true, that’s the frustrating part. Most ‘ordinary’ people are left leaning, but somehow they get duped to vote for the party that ends up benefiting the rich few.

Word

badnewz
    Free Member

Those who publicly want to heal the world secretly want to rule it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wot?

5thElefant
    Free Member

Most ‘ordinary’ people are left leaning

That’s nonsense. Most ordinary people have a mix of views which are left, right, totalitarian and liberal. As a country we’re centre left, as are all our mainstream parties.

willard

I quite fancy Ireland myself. Or Canadia.

the-muffin-man

I suddenly feel like moving to Sweden.

Oooh – will this help our immigration figures?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Seriously considering moving back to Scotland, possibly even the US. Seems certain now that another Scottish referendum will happen and get a yes. I was against it but I didn’t bank on the English being so stupid again.

Sancho
    Free Member

I don’t know why people thinkg Labour do anything other than pay lip service to their principles whilst looking after the rich.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I feel like chicken tonight.

😀 😀 😀

If only Scotland were 750 miles to the southwest and midge free…

and full of Cornish and Devonians, ie exactly like Devon and Cornwall 🙂

jfletch
    Free Member

Most ‘ordinary’ people are left leaning, but somehow they get duped to vote for the party that ends up benefiting the rich few.

I suspect many take the view that although they are left leaning, Labour are a bunch of incompetant fools with very little difference between them and the Tory’s following their New Labour lurch to the centre.

So if they are going to be governed by a bunch of idiots then its probably a better having a bunch of idiots who will piss less of our money up the wall.

I think this country is crying out for a competant, compelling, left of centre party that will offer a real choice. Less of the “don’t worry the rich will pay” retoric bullshit spouted by the current Labour party and more of a “If we all pay more into the public sector then we will all get more out of it and this will be a nicer, happier place to live”.

The differences between Scandinavia and here are much more fundamental than just a more lefty approach to tax and spending. For example their tax regime could probably be called less progressive than ours, low earners certainly pay a higher percentage than we do and their tax free threshold is lower, VAT is also higher and there isn’t a zero rating.

jambalaya
    Free Member

That’s nonsense. Most ordinary people have a mix of views which are left, right, totalitarian and liberal. As a country we’re centre left, as are all our mainstream parties.

Well said @5thElefant. We have a Conservative government which supports the NHS and a budget of £140bn a year of Welfare (even if that’s £12bn less than we currently spend). That’s left of centre politics globally.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

badnewz – Member
    Those who publicly want to heal the world secretly want to rule it.

Benign dictatorship.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jlfetch, you have summed up my my own views perfectly

DrJ

The differences between Scandinavia and here are much more fundamental than just a more lefty approach to tax and spending. For example their tax regime could probably be called less progressive than ours, low earners certainly pay a higher percentage than we do and their tax free threshold is lower, VAT is also higher and there isn’t a zero rating.

Scandinavia is changing, unfortunately, dragged down to the lowest common denominator of neo-liberalism. But until now there has been a fundamental difference in their assumptions regarding the role of individuals and society, with people giving up a lot of what we imagine to be “freedoms” in return for security.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sweden or Finland or even Findus aren’t perfect but you can feel safe and secure there. Decent housing is affordable, you can see a doctor without waiting 3 weeks for an appointment. 2 things which you can’t say about here.

vickypea
    Free Member

Some ignorant comments about Cheshire. It doesn’t just consist of rich and pampered places like Prestbury and Alderley Edge. Have you even been to places like Winsford?
    I live in Cheshire in a 2-up 2 down house and have never voted Conservative in my life.

codybrennan
    Free Member

I suddenly feel like moving to Sweden.

Only country where the clouds are interesting.

jfletch
    Free Member

you can see a doctor without waiting 3 weeks for an appointment

Utter claptrap.

Housing is a big issue here but we have the most accessable healthcare system in the world.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sorry jfletch that is what happened 2 weeks ago when I wanted to make an appointment. First one available was in 3 weeks, no my case wasn’t bad enough to go to A+E. No other alternatives.

Hey I didn’t know you were involved in the conversation I had with the receptionist oh that right you weren’t there, idiot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 105 total)

The topic ‘I suddenly feel like moving to Sweden.’ is closed to new replies.