Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • i spec ii XT 11 spped shifter to bar mount.
  • Davesport

I’m converting from Shimano 2 by 10 to 11 speed. The XT group set came with an i spec ii shifter mount that i need to convert to a bar clamp. Madison, LBS’s 9 in total and Hope can’t help.

Is this clamp a thing or am I buying a whole new shifter with a clamp?

TIA Dave.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Always surprised that people havent heard of shimano tech docs http://si.shimano.com/#/. Quite often shimano shifters have one that clamps to bar – clamp being separate. Find separate clamp – note down part number – take to lbs who will order that part for you.

nixie

Do problem solvers make something suitable?

Mister-P
    Free Member

You need part numbers Y03K03000 right hand cam plate (SRP £1.99) and Y03K98050 right hand base cover without indicator (SRP £18.99). Both in stock at Madison so any bike shop with an account can get them. Spares are post free too, so no need to make up a bigger order.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just spotted you will need different screws too. These aren’t in stock at Madison but it looks like SJS have them –

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/gear-spares/shimano-deore-xt-slm780-base-cover-fixing-screw-unit-6uu-9804/

Davesport

Top Banana’s the lot of you 😀 Cheers.

damascus
    Free Member

Probably cheaper to buy a new shifter with bar clamp already on and sell your shifter or alternatively buy some xt brakes.

gt900uk
    Free Member
    nickdavies

Yes you can buy the clamp but it’s a lot easier to buy the correct shifter for £35 and flog the other one. If you bought it new can’t you swap the shifter?

Or post on the forum looking for someone who wants to go the other way.

If it was 10 speed I’d post you one I’ve got a bar mount kicking about here somewhere.

daern
    Free Member

Yup, I accidentally got an ISpec B shifter in a groupset instead of an ISpec II. It’s cheaper to buy a new one and flog the old one, than to attempt to buy the conversion bits from Shimano.

Sadly, I’d have bought your incorrect shifter off you last week, but have already bought a replacement. Does anyone want to buy an ISpec B shifter? 🙂

Davesport

Ok, to close this out. New shifter bought, it was the simplest solution. Evans in Edinburgh had one. They were the only LBS within a 30 mile radius that I was able to find one. I’d also looked at the wee clamp from Clee which would have fixed the problem. The XT groupset that I bought came with XT brakes, so the brakes and i spec shifter can get bumped over onto a new build 🙂

Cheers for all the suggestions, D.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘i spec ii XT 11 spped shifter to bar mount.’ is closed to new replies.