Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I-spec II shifter and ev brake, possible?
  • elnevera

Hi all,

A couple years ago I bought some SlX 7100 brakes and m8000 shifter, m7000 cassette and derailleur.
    I’m only just looking at putting these on my bike, but it appears I might have found the job only I-spec combo that has no third party ‘fixer’….
    Does anyone know if the I-spec II shifter can be connected to the ev brake?
    Failing that, will one of the ev 12 speed shifters work with the old slx derailleur?

Last option, sell what I’ve got and get the wider range deore m5100 groupset?

Cheers!

docrobster

I found a link recently (and posted it on here) that suggested it could be bodged with washers to prevent a bolt hitting the bars. Will dig it out

spooky_b329

Yes I think I did it, but I used a shorter bolt rather than a washer. However I suspect the angle of the shifter is not quite right.

docrobster

Not the same link but explains the idea:
    https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=215252

elnevera

@spooky_b329 @docrobster

Thanks guys, that link was interesting reading, quite happy to try a rotor Mount bolt and see if it works okay.

Any thoughts on the 12 shifter and 11 speed derailleur?

Cheers!

docrobster

Dunno, I have the opposite- 11 shifter and 12 derailleur…
    The 11s mech will be happy with the 12s shifter as long as it has capacity for the 12s cassette I guess. I have m7000 mech on one bike it’s fine with 11-46, not tried it with 11-50 or above.

seriousrikk

I had a similar issue.
    Ended up picking up the Deore 11 speed EV shifter for under £20 which worked perfectly. Just couldn’t get the slx shifter I had to feel ‘right’

timbur
    Free Member

Get the Deore 11 speed shifter. It works and feels lovely. X

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.