Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 446 total)
  • I see the England "fans" are doing us proud again.
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Badnewz – please quote where I have said anything like what you are accusing me of. Put up or shut up.

I’ll make this easy for you – I never. I’ve actually categorically stated so as well before now.

You need to work on the victim complex because right now you are talking complete bollocks.

badnewz
    Free Member

If I had some kind of obsession which requires me to blame everything on the PC brigade, I probably wouldn’t bother checking what’s being reported though.

Very well put, I have to say. I’ve already booked myself into therapy. Hopefully I will be reprogrammed to blame all the world’s ills on the English.

badnewz
    Free Member

@squirrilking, I see you are based in Scotland. Now there’s a surprise.
    Anyhow, its clear this chat is getting rather nasty, so I’m off, I’m sure if we we’re chatting in the pub, this conversation wouldn’t end up getting so bitter.
    Have a good evening all.

Edukator
    Free Member

@squirrilking, I see you are based in Scotland. Now there’s a surprise.

FFS

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

FFS

Shut up, Frenchy 😀

*lobs table*

athgray
    Free Member

I don’t like to back up squirrelking normally, and have not looked back, but am struggling to see what he has said that is so bad. Anyone worried that people in Scotland can take a high handed approach should watch footage of the aftermath of the recent Scottish Cup final.
    I think football has an issue. This is not snobbery as I used to love football, but am disillusioned by its tribalism. If asked if I would allow my kids to attend a top flight football match I would have to say no.

Edukator
    Free Member

*fires tear gas*

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Here I was minding my own business, helping the local boulangerie rearrange their tables, and I get hit with tear gas!

It’s an outrage!

Edukator
    Free Member

Circulez !

seosamh77
    Free Member

athgray – Member
    I don’t like to back up squirrelking normally, and have not looked back, but am struggling to see what he has said that is so bad. Anyone worried that people in Scotland can take a high handed approach should watch footage of the aftermath of the recent Scottish Cup final.
    I think football has an issue. This is not snobbery as I used to love football, but am disillusioned by its tribalism. If asked if I would allow my kids to attend a top flight football match I would have to say no.

check out the drama queen! 😆

Domestic “british” fitba is as tame as it comes. Your weans you be fine.

athgray
    Free Member

I am sure that my children would be fine, however the scenes at the end of the Scottish Cup final from both sets of fans were a disgrace. I would rather my kids partook in a sport where this degree of tribalism is not evident. Although this level of violence does not spill out week on week, it is a symptom of a degree of low level menace that you feel at football stadiums on a weekly basis.

I got bored with football when it was banter to suggest oposition fans pissed on the carpet and shit in the bath and fingered their grandmother just for a laugh. Youse weans are welcome to it seosamh

athgray
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/KnPd1HlGYBY[/video]video of the end of “domestic” Scottish Cup final. Who would rather have their kids watch or partake in another sporting event?

seosamh77
    Free Member

a 1 in 36 year event. catch yourself on! 😆

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

One thing I have learned, is you can spot the Russian hooligans by their bumbags/manbags.

Roberts, who is in charge of Britain’s police operation in France, said: “England has had its problems with hooligans in the past. But the Russians are entirely different – they are like nothing we have seen before. They are highly organised and determined to carry out sustained violent attacks at a level of aggression I have not encountered in the past 10 years.

“Our spotters in Marseille saw them putting in gum shields and putting on martial arts gloves and bandanas before attacking England fans in the port.

“We know some were carrying knives because one England fan was stabbed. They wore a kind of uniform – all in black t-shirts and clothing and most carried bum bags, possibly to conceal weapons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/12/britains-euro-2016-police-chief-lambasts-tooled-up-russian-fans

dazh

Catching up on this. I went to Marseille in 2004 for the Marseille v Newcastle UEFA cup semi final. As you can imagine, there was a fair amount of alcohol fuelled ‘boisterous’ behaviour going on. However the only conflict I witnessed was pissed-up geordies arguing with surly barmen about being short-changed. I remember (vaguely) having a pigeon-french conversation with a local in a pub in the old port who bought me rounds of pastis. Anyway, the point is that it’s not impossible for football fans to go abroad and drink lots without having a riot, so I’m puzzled as to why followers of the national team find it so difficult.

tangoman19
    Free Member

Followed England home and away for 8 years from 2005 and have now binned it off for a few years whilst saving for a house…

The away game in Moscow was the single most unsettling experience I’ve ever had in 24 years as a regular attender at club/country level. When the draw was made for this, me, and all the lads I come to know from around the country knew it was the perfect storm and not many were rubbing thier hands over the trip even if it was the Euro’s. I know from following Facebook and Twitter its been worse than feared and now even some of the most hardened chaps I know are already talking of sacking 2018 off…

The Ukraine by contrast was an absolute joy of an experience both for the qualifier and the finals. Sad to see the places we travelled are now blown to pieces.

Tonights Football Supporters Federation statement…

FSF LINK

Wouldn’t be surprised if there was further bother from the Russians Wednesday night as they play in Lille, where a lot of England/Wales fans will be staying the night before the game in Lens on Thursday. Hopefully the police might try a little harder next time.

As for proposed alcohol bans… The Russians don’t drink, they just want to smash everyone to pieces.

duckman

Atgray,are you ignoring the fact that English fans still knock lumps out of each other in domestic games? What about the international game;what’s your opinion on the behaviour of the Folks who follow the national side Atgray,or do they not fit your tired,made up,bleating? Stick to posting claims about “Scottish white van man” that also don’t bear up to any scrutiny. At least you give us a laugh then,oh;and it is snobbery on your part.

DrJ

Atgray,are you ignoring the fact that English fans still knock lumps out of each other in domestic games?

Really? I haven’t seen violence at a football match since the 70’s. Not a regular attended but I’m surprised by your statement.

eskay

DrJ – Member

Really? I haven’t seen violence at a football match since the 70’s. Not a regular attended but I’m surprised by your statement.

Still going on.

Have a google for Millwall v Barnsley at Wembley last month.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member
    johndoh
    Free Member

^ That article sums up how I have been trying to articulate my views of what has been happening over the last few days.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

ATG – how very dare you tickle the thin skin of those who cannot see hypocrisy in front of them?

Hope Uefa have the balls to kick us and the Russians out again if our fans behave like that again.

Rockape63
    Free Member

There are certainly some scary looking Ruski’s setting about the English….thats for sure. I was studying some of the footage last night and its men against boys, plus you could see they were sober, whilst our drunken lot hardly knew what was happening.

Surprised there has only been one critical injury and not a few deaths!

johndoh
    Free Member

if our fans behave like that again

Yeah, how on earth did the English fans have the temerity to innocently watch a football match and have a group of Russians scale a fence and start about them.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yeah, how on earth did…..

Just ignore him…another subject he talks shite on.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…which conveniently, if understandably (!), ignores the rest of the day’s events.

But lets keep playing the, “we are innocent victims here card”. It makes us feel so much better.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

But lets keep playing the, “we are innocent victims here card”. It makes us feel so much better.

I see it as a case of not being fair because they beat us, I mean, how dare they?

Rockape63
    Free Member

You need to listen to people who have actually gone there in a professional capacity to evaluate the issues, rather than making such inflammatory comments!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed rockape you do….

kimbers

I’m loving the innocent English fans defense. Check out this guy, he appears to be taking a selfie as he throws a bottle at French police. Of course I’m sure that somehow Russian ultras are to blame.

johndoh
    Free Member

Ohh and of course let’s not forget the explosive device and flares the Russians managed somehow to smuggle into the ground.

Let’s be straight here – if you actually read the reports (both the press and fan accounts) – the majority of the trouble appears to be started by the French and Russians charging at English fans. Yes our lot are rowdy and yes I accept they started some trouble but the worst and most concerning event was in the ground on Saturday night – the Russians somehow got past the fences and security and started on the English fans. The finger pointing for that event should be at the Russians and the French security.

Let’s hope that the lunatic English fans that have banning orders don’t travel to Russia in 2018 in some attempt to exact revenge on them because that could get very nasty.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I hereby christen you Context Kimbers. 😀

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Let’s be straight here – if you actually read the reports (both the press and fan accounts) – the majority of the trouble appears to be started by the French and Russians charging at English fans. Yes our lot are rowdy and yes I accept they started some trouble but the worst and most concerning event was in the ground on Saturday night – the Russians somehow got past the fences and security and started on the English fans.

Agreed

The finger pointing for that event should be at the Russians and the French security. all involved

Otherwise it is simple hypocrisy/myopia…

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Yes our lot are rowdy and yes I accept they started some trouble

That’s very noble of you. 😆

soundninjauk

What I will say is that it’s glaringly obvious from people’s comments, exactly who has, and who hasn’t, ever been to a high profile footy match, never mind an international.

Given that I haven’t been to a high profile match, what am I missing?

When the Olympics were in London I was lucky enough to go to a few events (including the Velodrome) and the atmosphere was absolutely fantastic, both inside the venues and to be honest, across London as well. I felt as though everyone was in a better mood for about a month.

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s very noble of you.

Not at all. I have no vested interest in events, I am just trying to keep an open mind on what happened – the earlier link to the article in that Irish news site seemed to sum up events quite well in my opinion.

martinhutch

The problem with some English supporters (and TBH some English tourists generally) is not violence, but the normalisation of deeply anti-social behaviour in foreign cities. That, combined with a historical reputation for violence, makes confrontation far more likely.

2018 is going to be absolute nightmare at this rate.

EUFA has not helped the situation by allowing the random allocation of venues, and not looking closely at the timing of matches. Marseille would be your last choice for any match involving England. Our next match is in Lens, but fans have been advised to stay in nearby Lille in the run-up because Lens is too small to cope.

Who’s playing in Lille on Wednesday? Russia.

kimbers

Sighhhhh. If you want some context bongo, these images were taken 2 days ago when French police tried to disperse English fans who had become drunk and rowdy in the old town square in Marseille, the police were me with a rain of bottles from the English fans, perhaps you’d have responded in the same way, or maybe you’d take the hint that the police wanted you to disperse ?

Oh I forgot if you are a football fan, being an intimidating mob of intoxicated dicks is somehow ok

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

The bottom line is, if you see a group of lads wearing bum bags, then just walk the other way.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 446 total)

The topic ‘I see the England "fans" are doing us proud again.’ is closed to new replies.