Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 446 total)
  • I see the England "fans" are doing us proud again.
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Remember the friendship, unity and respect from the London Olympics? Euro ’96?

mikey74
    Free Member

wilburt – yeah, there was a riot in Vancouver a couple of years ago over an ice hockey match/result! Not sure about the USA.

but all the fans involved got together a bit later and cleaned up a lot of the damaged caused. I also seem to remember one pro mountain biker lost their sponsorship over it.

badnewz
    Free Member

In this case, the English fans have been ambused, time and again, by organised and hardened Russians (in fairly small numbers).
    The blame lies with the Russians, not the English.
    You could even argue that the bans on English hooligans has meant the England fans who are there are easy pickings for the Russians.

ctk
    Free Member

Glad that we didn’t win the World Cup bid, **** inviting animals like that over.

kimbers

badnewz, agree the Russians are to blame for some very nasty violence

But every bottle or chair lobbed by an English fan is still hooliganism. Whether provojed by police or attacked by Russians 1st
    There are plenty of pictures of England fans doing just that on news sites and twitter, the BBC reported that a large number of English fans were throwing objects.

The really stupid thing is that the French police are filming them, they are easily identifiable in these pictures, they are likely to be prosecuted, face travel bans and potentially lose their jobs
    The Russian and French ‘ultras’ at least gave the common sense to wear balaclavas!

slackalice
    Free Member

Your source badnewz? I’ve seen a few photos of England fans in confrontational situations too.

Personally, I would introduce a zero tolerance mandate, whereby any violence results in immediate withdrawal from the tournament for the relevant team.

This would have the added benefit of reducing the length of the competition and likely winner to be by default.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

agree the Russians are to blame

“It’s not our fault; they started it”

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Your source badnewz? I’ve seen a few photos of England fans in confrontational

Most news outlets seem to be leading with this angle. Several reporters I follow on Twitter are stating this is a concerted effort from Russian and local firms. You only had to see the charging at the stadium to see some of it in action.

Keme Nzerem (CH4 News) – http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sopg85?new_post=true

Stan Collymoore (yeah I know) – Periscope: https://www.periscope.tv/w/1RDGlOAvlDdKL

Paul Hayward (Telegraph) – https://twitter.com/_PaulHayward/status/741743060288167936

Pigface
    Free Member

Didn’t england fans used to the best at hoolaganism, seems something else they are not very good at anymore 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Well all our best hooligans are stuck at home. It’s like we’re playing our reserves.

We never stood a chance 🙁

😉

🙁

yunki
    Free Member

😆

I’m a bit sad that England hooligans seem to be getting the blame from the anti football middle Englanders back home..

The problem isn’t English yobs, the problem is yobs

What is the cause?

jam-bo

What is the cause?

Football it would seem. Ban football…

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Further along the Mediterranean coast, there were reports of attacks on Northern Ireland football fans by local “ultras” in Nice, where the side will play Poland on Sunday.

Guardian

I’ll also add, it’s a brave English supporter who goes to 2018 WC.

redthunder
    Free Member

What would Sid & Doris Bonkers say ?

We need a colosseum 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Good to see Russian state media have this covered.

“Two hundred and fifty Russian fans repulsed an attack by several thousand English and forced them to flee,” state news service Vesti reported. “English fans started the fight by attacking our fans, but 250 Russians from different corners of our country did not flinch and repulsed the attack of the heavily drunken islanders.”

redthunder
    Free Member

@BONGOhoohaa

Lol, class.

squirrelking
    Free Member

That’ll be the unbiased RT then?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

The problem isn’t English yobs, the problem is yobs

Years ago when English hooligans were on top of their game we were proud to give them the title of English to seperate them from the rest. Now they’re getting their arses kicked, they lose the English identity.
    Typical. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

A former neighbour of mine was on the front page of The Sun after a rampage at France 98. No idea what his employer did as a consequence, but train drivers were quite well paid even then.

He was from quite a well known local family though.

yunki
    Free Member

Now they’re getting their arses kicked, they lose the English identity.

I know who’s fault that is..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m forever blowing bubbles!

jekkyl

liveleak is better than youtube for film of the clashes.
    this related incident is rather funny.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9ab_1465708417

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mucho lolz!

badnewz
    Free Member

In terms of punishment, I’m afraid it is not an equal playing field.
    In the UK, you will get a prison sentence, even for a minor act of hooliganism.
    In Russia, you will get a medal.

The proper English hooligans are either inside or busy making Football factory documentaries!

But you can’t say this hasn’t been expected. There have been a number of attacks on innocent English club team supporters in the last four years on the continent.

I’m just amazed at how much of the media are calling the England fans hooligans, when clearly they are the victims this time around.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Manbag?

Non-English confirmed.

jekkyl

that french chap’s laughter is infectious. and when he stands up he still hasn’t put it away and he is soaking with piss. lol what a state.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yes, I imagine that the throwing bottles and chairs, singing racist songs and generally being twunts are all just external manifestations of the poor fans victimhood. The poor misunderstood little lambs.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Not to apologise for those English fans who did kick off, but:

badnewz
    Free Member

@squirrelking It depends how you define victim. I would define someone who has his head stamped on repeatedly a victim. I would define the England supporters who were rushed by a group of Russians in the stadium at the end victims too.

I expect however that you consider all England football fans to be the opposite of your enlightened self, and therefore undeserving of the title of victim in any circumstances.

jamiep
    Free Member

UEFA disciplinary only applies to fan behaviour inside the stadium. No jurisdiction outside

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I’m just amazed at how much of the media are calling the England fans hooligans, when clearly they are the victims this time around.

😯

squirrelking
    Free Member

But they’re not the ones you’ve been defending, from the beginning you have been harping on about provocation and defending the actions of the ones actually partaking in the fights. FFS even the geography has ben blamed. I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to retaliate to either the provocateur’s or police, maybe if they were better behaved the police might be able to do a better job of keeping folk apart rather than fighting on two fronts.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

UEFA disciplinary only applies to fan behaviour inside the stadium. No jurisdiction outside

Oh I know, I was just mentioning it as fuel to the point of view there was a Russian element in Marseille targeting English fans.

I should add, I don’t prescribe to the English fans are angels, but I do think in this instance they appear to not be the instigators on the whole.

badnewz
    Free Member

I have no sympathy for anyone who chooses to retaliate to either the provocateur’s or police

What you call retaliate, others might consider self-defence.

This is what we know: some of the English fans, as usual, began drinking too heavily in the centre of town. They were then systematically targeted by well organised Russian and French gangs. Yet you still seem to refuse to concede that this makes them victims, when all the first-hand reports we have suggest otherwise. A man had his head repeatedly stamped on! Sorry chap, but your English, therefore it’s your fault!

I think it says more about your prejudices than the actual situation.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Quite worrying the Russians got fireworks and a flare gun into the ground. I thought the stadiums were on lockdown in case of possible terrorist threats?

Edukator
    Free Member

Even French media are showing footage to show it’s the Russians who are the instigators of England – Russia confrontations. It would appear the Brits are frightened of the Russians. The Brits aren’t afraid of the French police though because they know the police will always use the minimum force required to maintain order and aren’t interested in arresting anybody, so the Brits attack the police. Spineless bullying Brits. The Russians on the other hand don’t want trouble with the French police because they will be in double trouble once back in Russia. Now if you were a CRS how keen would you be to save a Brit getting a kicking from a Russian knowing that getting between the two groups would result in the Brits attacking you.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Reformed Troll

Seems generous.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Removed for being silly. 😳

Edukator
    Free Member

Watch the videos, Bongo. Brits attacking the police, Russians attacking Brits. Brits fleeing Russians. If you find any vids of groups of Russians attacking the police please post them. I’m quite happy to change my mind.

Edukator
    Free Member

At first view not french uniforms or shields, Darcy.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 446 total)

The topic ‘I see the England "fans" are doing us proud again.’ is closed to new replies.