Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I. S to flat mount – anywhere in the UK?
  • scandal42
    Free Member

So I came up with the idea of upgrading my road bikes by moving my tiagra hydraulic groupset to my steel bike and getting new for the best bike using cycle to work.

However, flat mount brakes ffs

There is an adapter available from Canada but it works out about £30 after shipping.

Anyone 3d printing then here?

Flat Mount Adapter (IS-FM)

Oblongbob

I wish someone would start making these in the uk as I’d have set. Couldn’t find any other options last time I looked. Surely must be a common enough issue

Onzadog
    Free Member

I too, could find use for a set. Does it change or limit the rotor sizes?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scandal42
    Free Member

Rear IS mount (Frame): This adapter will only work with 160 mm. rotors.

Front IS mount (Fork): This adapter will only work with 180 mm. rotors.

scandal42
    Free Member

Sunday night crew aware of anywhere?

nixie

There is someone in the UK importing that adaptor. It’s not cheap though!

Company is Spoken Dokey Bikes (spokeydokeybikes.co.uk)

scaredypants

would IS to post connected to a post to flat work or am I being fick ?

The one in the pic looks clever, though

Swirly
    Free Member

I could 3d print you one but I wouldn’t want to rely on a plastic brake mount…

scandal42
    Free Member

It’s only for the rear 😉

Good point

fathomer

Surely this calls for another new bike??

joebristol

Atherton Bikes (formerly Robot Bike technology) have 3d metal printed lugs. You just need the right kind of 3d printer…..

scandal42
    Free Member

Turns out it was a pointless question. The adaptor wouldn’t fit anyway

Why don’t Shimano offer post mount calipers?

Would an XT caliper work with tiagra sti’s

simondbarnes

Why don’t Shimano offer post mount calipers?

I guess because the whole road world has pretty much gone flat mount.

Would an XT caliper work with tiagra sti’s

Yes, if you get a hose with the correct fitting.

fibre
    Free Member

As above, you just need to match the calipers to the hose type (which will be printed on the hose). The twin piston calipers have the same piston size, so the leverage ratio is the same for MTB and Road.

Older model Tiagra levers are BH59, which if you want a dirt cheap option is compatible with BR-MT200 calipers (only £13)

Newer levers are BH90, which is the same as m8000 XT. Or Deore M6000 if you dont want a Banjo fixing.

andypaul
    Free Member

Im using Shimano R785 hydro shifters with Shimano deore post mounts on my diverge. A bit of a DIY faff but works perfectly ok. As already mentioned you can pick up MTB calipers really cheap for what they are, the shifters aren’t especially cheap but the road and MTB combo should still work out cheaper than going for a proper road groupset with the adaptors.

bigyan
    Free Member

Just use a MTB caliper, lots of shops have done it when the road ones are on back order.

fathomer

I’ve got Deore calipers on both ends of my winter roadie now and they work fine, until the start leaking.

chris2dhs
    Free Member

As Nixie said, we’ve got them in stock – but they aren’t cheap! After tax, import duty and handling fee we were selling them for £35 (making £1.16!) Not a big margin for us!

@Scaredypants
    – IS to Post to Flat would work, but that’s a lot of adapters, and I wouldn’t recommend it, especially for a brake. Why not just an IS to flat – as in the picture?

chris2dhs
    Free Member

Oh, apparently i’m not posting as Spokey Dokey Bikes…I’m the owner/manager/cleaner etc.

scandal42
    Free Member

Thanks All

I checked the adapter and it wont fit the frame.

I think I’ll go down the route of moving everything over from my other bike other than the calipers and just get some mtb ones as stated.

That way I can update my summer bike with a new groupset and get two upgrades out of it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I. S to flat mount – anywhere in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.