Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • I really want a Tranny. Any reason why not?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Don’t see why not, nippy as fk, can SS it at under 20lbs, will forever have the “great ride on a Tranny” excuse.

Feel free to jealousize me with photos of yours.

skink2020

you, my friend, are setting yourself up for a world of hurt.
    Let the carnage commence…..

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Has this been done befor…..

*sideswiped by abuse*

It’s ok, I sent a green demo one into a wall last year, Tranny ripped a hole in my nob.

ratherbeintobago

I wonder if there’s a 29er Tranny in the pipeline?

Tom83

Misleading title is misleading.

trailhound
    Free Member

1 way ticket to Bangkok for cfinnimore! Whatever floats your boat I say! :p

cfinnimore
    Free Member

“Lopes won 4x on one”

That and

“19lb SS”

Kinda does it but im very very very poor.

beaker

I ride a Tranny, it’s geared but it is a fantastic bike. You certainly won’t regret getting one….

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Apart from the weak link of the frame being the rear end bolted by two bolts then yeah buy buy buy!

I want one in matt clear but went dirty harry route, much the same cept with 29″ rubber.

More of a man’s bike the dirty harry or choose the john wayne tranny if your that way inclined.

Just don,t expose your balls to the tranny for too long as the ride in UKweather about,,,, Now! Will be dirty brown nutty stuff which will rough up the matt vanity 3k layer of carbon.

That is all…!

somafunk

We had a demo tranny in the shop recently, great wee bike but christ it was stiff in the rear end, coming from a lightweight steel hardtail and jumping over to the tranny really exacerbated just how stiff that carbon can be and round Dalbeattie it rattled and skipped from boulder to boulder without any give or compassion for my spine, Tiz’a cracking idea to adjust the chainline in such a way and so simple to use, builds up really light but only designed around a 100mm fork so i guess if you can handle the sheer rigidity of the frame then go for it, i doubt you’ll be disappointed but i advise you to demo one first.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Somafunk ,there’s a bit up there where I said a demo Tranny ripped a hole in my nob.

That wasn’t a turn of phrase!
    Matron wasn’t gentle….

But it would be a proper bike to let my SS steel Inbred be my commuter & hack.

Speaking of the Inbred, I think I have a titanium spine but my pelvis probably looks like a smashed peanut.

Can’t wait. The “what forks” thread will be a giggle.

*edit* this is N+1, btw.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Rigid or suss though, this should be interesting indeed…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Suss.

Definitely.

VERY temporarily would rigidify the Inbred and put 100mm Recon RL’s on-by way of complete disservice- the Tranny.

Then scout for 2012 fork bargains.

Also, it will definitely be coming on holiday with me. Wherever I go and however I can afford it.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Well then, it would have to be white brothers rcl 100’s!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I can’t even enter a debate on forks. I’ve only ever used the Recons and Float 120’s.

I’m an aggressive bastard that needs stiff forks with fast rebound that don’t need servicing every 100k.

I like gold.

And moons on sticks.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Sure you don,t like shit on sticks as you are purchasing a tranny for the forseable…

Hehe!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I hope that was intended as

“Like things that go like shit-off-a-hot-stick”

not

“The tranny is a shit stick”.
    :-(…:-)

rewski
    Free Member

Brian lopes rides a tranny, enough said.

druidh
    Free Member

+ many

I’ve never ridden anything quite like it. A 29er would be interesting 😀

elzorillo
    Free Member

Really?

Hadge
    Free Member

If your after a Tranny frame give me a bell as 2 of my riding buddies are selling theirs.

This one was well under 20lb in SS mode. Very nice indeed.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Most misleading title ever!!!

alpin
    Free Member

what is the point of the detachable rear end?

andyl
    Free Member

extend the chainstay for SS chain tension

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Elzorillo, that’s twice you’ve pooped on my OP.

Original, helpful, witty? natch.

What forks for!

alpin
    Free Member

extend the chainstay for SS chain tension

is that a good thing?

surely there are other, less complicated ways of doing this? such as slidey drop outs or a chain tensioner…

seems a bit of a gimmick to me…

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Detachable rear end for SS Tension, although I need to do super research to see if doing things that way would weaken the frame as i’ll have a perfectly good Singelator going spare anyway.

Also, for taking on buses. Discreet & quick & cheap.

Where do you live Hadge there’s a couple tidy ones in Edinburgh I know of.

Hadge
    Free Member

Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffs. The one in the picture is one of the frames that’s for sale. That build was actually sub 18lb.

andyl
    Free Member

is that a good thing?

Not sure myself. Makes it easy to pack away for transport and adaptable to 650b I guess.

surely there are other, less complicated ways of doing this? such as slidey drop outs or a chain tensioner…

indeed, but maybe they have flexibility and it does mean the carbon frame is split so if damaged you can replace half.

seems a bit of a gimmick to me…

that thought had crossed my mind too but I’ve not been privy to their design decisions.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I thought this was a thread about Tranny vans!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oh bloody hell, i’m not normally a weight weenie but neeeeeeeeeeeoww…..

Don’t know why I make car noises for bikes, anyway.

It’s not gonna be til at least January before I buy anything, I might even be dangerous and work backwards….

Componentry before frame shocker!

Any excuse to resurrect every single “what for what for” thread ever known, only to ignore everyones opinion and buy something niche and random. Or Deore :-).

Safe, innit.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I don’t even know what a Tranny van is FunkyDunc, sounds even more innuendo-lite than any Bangkok chat!

How many Tranny’s will fit in a Tranny van? With the Tranny on, listening to Trannys do DirtJump Trannys on Trannys.

Barf.

alpin
    Free Member

Transit?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

duh.

In that case, i’d like the really big one people can live in.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

You need help init!

somafunk

Are you seriously offering to help him fit inside a trannie’s stiff rear end?…….. good god!, stw has plumbed new depths of depravity previously only seen on mlehworld.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Right, that was a detour into “ooooooh, matron” Hell.

Seriously tho, yeah…

What forks for and who else loves their Ibis Tranny?

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Are you seriously offering to help him fit inside a trannie’s stiff rear end?…….. good god!, stw has plumbed new depths of depravity previously only seen on mlehworld.

😆

xcentric
    Free Member

how much for the ones for sale then?

thats_not_my_name
    Free Member

Would a Tranny take a 120mm fork? I know the website says they’re optimised for 100mm.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘I really want a Tranny. Any reason why not?’ is closed to new replies.