Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I really am loving my new commutte to work, mud glorious mud !
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

After slogging into london village for years, a recent move of location has meant I can offroad 9 miles of a 15 miles route to work, fab, loving it, not sure my colleagues really understand me ;o)

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

D’oh, love doing pics from work computers… not. 😉

organic355
    Free Member

I am sure the office cleaners love you too? At least take off your shoes before you get to your desk eh?

wwaswas

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

[/url][/img]

Finally. lol.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

thanks was.

surrounded by suits. heaven.

the cleaners love me. 😉

frogstomp

You work at Moss Bros?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

frog, careful, you’ll cut yourself with a tongue so sharp. 😉

qwerty
    Free Member

do you love the cleaners?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I reckon the only cleaners that go near this bit of the office, are the four legged variety hoovering up the crumbs on the floor overnight.

mickyfinn
    Free Member

Hi Joe 🙂

avdave2

My commute is a minimum 6 miles with 5 off road. In the summer I often extend the off road bit. I recommend rigid forks, hub gears and a dynamo hub if you are going to do it every day through winter.

zippykona

And some full mudguards. Cleaners have feelings too!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

avdave – I’m on my CX bike and defo thinking of making it SS if it carries on raining, good call. otherwise I can see drive train parts replacement being frequent. At this rate I may even look at mudguards!

VanHalen

i too have a partial off road commute.

i wear overshorts/trousers most of the time to protect my riding gear from mud and prevent wet arse syndrome. whip em off in the car park if really bad.

end up clean enough to be a desk jockey. i do get laughed at on really wet days but those are the most driftastic fun. crashed this morning through overcommitment/sludge over hardpack – was extra muddy on arrival.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I could always carry on battling with cars and do the road loop, but the path along the river is so quiet and the sun just coming up, its a lovely solo ride until the dog walkers start coming out later in the year.

The-Beard

I commute 13 miles on very quiet rural roads. Only real traffic is farm traffic on a lot of it so the roads are in a right state. Broken up, pot holed, filthy and frequently flooded. I use my CX with full guards. It’s taken a hell of a beating, drivetrain has pretty much had it. Jockey wheels seized on the way home last night! I’m considering SS or getting something hub geared. This winter will kill the current bike!

avdave2

I’m considering SS or getting something hub geared. This winter will kill the current bike!

I’m just about to change the chainring, sprocket and chain on my hub geared bike. They’ve been on for 4 years of all year round off round commuting, have very rarely been cleaned and the chain just gets whatever oil is lying around put on it. That’s mostly been Toyota gear box oil.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I really am loving my new commutte to work, mud glorious mud !’ is closed to new replies.