Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I only went in for a freehub body
  • Dibbs
    Free Member

And came away with a set of Mavic Ksyrium Pro Disc wheels. 😳

tomhoward

I got a text saying some (free) replacement decals had arrived in the shop. As a result of this I now own a custom built Santa Cruz Chameleon 😳

18 months ago I went into a (different) shop to buy some Mtb tubes. Ended up with a carbon road bike, and some tubes.

Salesmans dream? Moi?

Dibbs
    Free Member

That makes me feel a bit better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

So you got what you went for. Just had the rest of the wheel attached.

Dibbs
    Free Member

And a front wheel as well!

dknwhy

My mum sent my stepdad out for a heater once and he came back with a kayak.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I was sent out once from hospital to Mothercare to buy premature baby clothing and nappies, plus mothering clothing. I accidentally went to a bike shop and bought a CX bike.

Northwind

thegreatape – Member

I was sent out once from hospital to Mothercare to buy premature baby clothing and nappies, plus mothering clothing. I accidentally went to a bike shop and bought a CX bike.

Congratulations! You are a terrible person 😆

My dad got sent home when my older brother was born, to get some extra clothes. He came back with a 6 foot tall teddy bear, which has blighted my brother’s entire life and is currently taking up almost all of the one wardrobe in his new flat

haggis1978

Once went out for a tin of paint to homebase and came back with a BMW 330 Ci M-sport.

stephenmacdonald43
    Free Member

went out for a pint of milk and a few other bits came back 5 weeks later after touring Europe

honourablegeorge

Went for a pizza once, bought a Santa Cruz frame in the place next door.

I_Ache
    Free Member

It really is a good job I have no money, I would get in all sorts of pickles.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Congratulations! You are a terrible person

That’s what she said. Using different words though. Still, she’d just had a C section so couldn’t really get me 🙂

scaredypants

when I was about 14 my dad went out to buy a 2nd hand estate car (passat, if they existed then)

came home in a delivery mileage bright red mk1 golf gti with a body kit on it

Top man ! EVen my mum was impressed

Ambrose

A friend’s dad was pootling about on the beach in Rhosneigr, Anglesey. He noticed a bit of a gathering going on, joined in and came back with a house. Fred Williams RIP, what a star.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Out of interest how much were they? Any idea on weight? My Aksium disc do the job but are a bit lardy at almost 2kg.

hora
    Free Member

I_ache me too. Saying that if the shop does price matches…

julians
    Free Member

My mum sent my stepdad out for a heater once and he came back with a kayak.

Was that so he could have his kayak and heat it?

I’ll get my coat….

jamiesilo
    Free Member

leave your coat where it is. that was quality : )

bigyinn
    Free Member

I know of a chap who went off to on a Friday afternoon to drop some beer off at Crewe for a railtour going to Inverness overnight. He returned home Sunday…..
    It was even mentioned in his divorce papers as unreasonable behaviour!

lunge

It’s not a physical bike shop but I did go onto the Planet-X website once for a pair of tyres and left with an order for a Kaffenback placed.

In also, and this is a serious middle class post, went to the wine shop for a cheap bottle of red for a party and ended up leaving with a £200 bottle of Dom Ruinart vintage Champagne…and a bottle of premier cru Bordeaux. Both were bloody lovely drop though…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Many moons ago I went into a bike shop for some dry lube – came out with an Orange Sub 5.

Speshpaul

I was working on a site once where the foreman sent the “lad” to the shop for 20 B&H and if they haven’t got them get me anything…….
    He came back with a pork pie!

I went out to by a small car cheap to run car, and came back with 2.5l mondeo estate. In my defence i had been rather taken with a mustang.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I got a text saying some (free) replacement decals had arrived in the shop. As a result of this I now own a custom built Santa Cruz Chameleon

18 months ago I went into a (different) shop to buy some Mtb tubes. Ended up with a carbon road bike, and some tubes.

Salesmans dream? Moi?

please tell me its that custom BOS chameleon that’s trending on SC’s instagram from STIF page right now?!?! (pretty sure that’s where you got your other SC’s from?)

you sir are a millionaire and (can) I claim my £5!

endurokid
    Free Member

My friend went in to his local Bike shop for some waterproof gloves and came out with a Chameleon frame!! 😆

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Went to a wheel place to get a price for refurbishing the wheels on our car, ended up spending £20k at the car dealers down the road on another car, which saved me £300 on the refurb 😯
    Mate went to the LBS to get a wheel trued and came home with a Whyte 29 er full suss thing…………
    Another went to the same shop for a ‘ shop birthday open night’ Wanted a new crash hat, came out with a Giant road bike……..

devash
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11fCIGcCa9c[/video]

Mister-P
    Free Member

Blimey, I just looked up the price of those wheels. £791.99 at CRC to save about 400g over the wheels I currently have. I won’t be buying those.

Tracey

Went to a wedding up north and came back with a Specialized Enduro.

Sent Kevin for his eyes testing and he came back with a bigger television.

medoramas
    Free Member

11 years ago I went to the UK for 3-months to earn some extra cash to help me pay for my Uni.

It’s been quite long “three months”… I got happily married, bought a house, have a daughter, got addicted from riding bikes, played bass with some bands around the country, got good job…

… still haven’t come back… 😆

binners

I think when it comes to this type of thing, we all have to take our hats off to The Master 😆

tomhoward

Oscillate Wildly, it isn’t I’m afraid, mine is one of the NOS 26″ frames (but still fit 27.5 wheels) they sold off a couple of months ago. The first plan was to just get the frame & headset and transfer everything over from my single speed, adding X1 gears I already had and leave it at that (that was the initial justification anyway) but for many and various contrived reasons I ended up adding a 150mm Pike, reverb, cranks, carbon bars, a 142×12 rear axle, new tyres and because when I went to pick it up and ride it home, my front light battery was dead, a new light 😳

The one you are talking about rather puzzled me, why would you spend, what must be getting up for, £3k on components (BOS deville, 11 speed XTR (inc brakes), reverb, carbon raceface bars & cranks and Mavic enduro WTS wheels) for an Alu hardtail, as nice as it is. To each their own I guess, they must REALLY like Chameleons

(I should say that I didnt spend anywhere near that on the bits for mine, serious web discount hunting was done for those…)

Rubber_Buccaneer

Sent Kevin for his eyes testing and he came back with a bigger television

There is some logic to this one.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Oscillate Wildly, it isn’t I’m afraid, mine is one of the NOS 26″ frames (but still fit 27.5 wheels) they sold off a couple of months ago. The first plan was to just get the frame & headset and transfer everything over from my single speed, adding X1 gears I already had and leave it at that (that was the initial justification anyway) but for many and various contrived reasons I ended up adding a 150mm Pike, reverb, cranks, carbon bars, a 142×12 rear axle, new tyres and because when I went to pick it up and ride it home, my front light battery was dead, a new light

The one you are talking about rather puzzled me, why would you spend, what must be getting up for, £3k on components (BOS deville, 11 speed XTR (inc brakes), reverb, carbon raceface bars & cranks and Mavic enduro WTS wheels) for an Alu hardtail, as nice as it is. To each their own I guess, they must REALLY like Chameleons

(I should say that I didnt spend anywhere near that on the bits for mine, serious web discount hunting was done for those…)

haha fair enough! I had a feeling it would be you, what with your already exquisite collection of SC 🙂

I know what you mean though you’d have to have a serious love of hardtails/ a hell of a lot of money to spend that on one

was rather nice mind!

NZCol

I too have fallen foul of this. Went to the garage with an ostensibly broken lightbulb and possibly to maybe get a basic wagon. Came home sheepishly having bought an RS4 Avant….

IA

I went for a 5 arm chainring and ended up with a freeride bike.

With a 4 arm chainset, so that solved the problem nicely 🙂

tomhoward

Rather ominously, my local specialized concept store has just posted on Facebook that the only 2015 s-works demo 8 (the asymmetric front triangle one) in Europe is currently in the shop….

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I only went in for a freehub body’ is closed to new replies.