Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • I only speed when it's safe…
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You're probably right aracer – the "Govt propaganda" bs is going right over my head. But then so do all the other govt propaganda conspiracy theories about climate change, MMR/Flu vaccines, etc, etc,

GrahamS

Or, try to address the reasons people hate them. Everyone knows at least one road where the speed limit is set wrongly, I reckon…. obey out of respect not out of compulsion.

Yeah that does sound good.

But it would be a LOT more expensive to implement and honestly, could you name a realistic speed limit they could set that people wouldn't be tempted to breach "on a clear night on an empty motorway"? 150mph? 200?

Northwind

Nope, but you could accomodate better for most conditions, which is all a single set limit can ever really do.

I used to reckon that one good idea would be to waive all speed limits on all motorways between 1am and 2am daily. Let people get their speed fix in, in a reasonably controlled manner, and let anyone who wants to avoid it, avoid it. But that sounds a bit clarksony.

aracer
    Free Member

You're probably right aracer – the "Govt propaganda" bs is going right over my head.

You're probably not who they're aiming at 😉

GrahamS

Well no speeding today. Did half the A90 in first gear 🙂

(the whole thing was one big queue thanks to an accident half way down)

MrSalmon
    Free Member

What does the Govt gain from this "speeding propaganda" then?

boblo
    Free Member

MrSalmon – Member
    What does the Govt gain from this "speeding propaganda" then?

Revenue and easy metrics based policing to show the public how tuff they are on miscreants.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘I only speed when it's safe…’ is closed to new replies.