• This topic has 92 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • I only have one picture of me as a kid
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

I’m the small blonde one sitting on my aunts lap.

I am lucky in that there are many photos of me as my dad was a keen photographer. But no modelling for test cards although I seemed to get typecast as Mary every Christmas due to my long brown hair

There are also loads of pics of me and my brother when we were very small on old motorbikes as my mum is a keen motorcyclist.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking these photos, while not technically perfect, show life in such a great way!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

It was great back in the olden days when the sun always shone and people weren’t glued to their phones all the time . . .

DezB
    Free Member

It was great back in the olden days

Have hundreds of pics of my boy at a similar age doing similar stuff. Digi cameras just meant a bit of saturation photo-wise.

teasel
    Free Member

I can’t help thinking these photos, while not technically perfect, show life in such a great way!

Good observation. Lack of technical ability and auto focus means a touch of something mostly missing from today’s pics.

It was great back in the olden days when the sun always shone and people weren’t glued to their phones all the time . . .

Heh. Always snowed at xmas, too…

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I asked my mother why in the middle of winter was playing out doors with no shoes on. She said I hated wearing them and I kicked them off.

This was me with my first pair of new shoes. Summer 1965

Rainy day entertainment when we stayed in Nottingham in the late 60’s

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Great pictures Mcmoonter – they look to be the same era as the hotel room I’ve just walked into. Thought best western were relatively up to date . . . Apparently the date in this one is in the mid sixties 🙂

wwaswas

darrell
    Free Member

seems like many of us are getting old and tired and feeling a little melancholic longing for a simpler time

I am

CountZero

And then there are tiny little moments of purity, such as this, whereby people are invited to offer just a little slither of their genuine selves.
    And many do.

I, for one, would like to ‘cheers’ that side of STW; it’s a community that has dragged me from the depths, brought me to the light and been no end of ridiculously detailed good advice.

Every now and then, there is an opportunity to present one’s self as vulnerable.

That’s ok. Respect it as it is provided. It’s that ‘soft love’ that makes STW totally special.
    100% this!

redthunder
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WhZ82Q]Seabank1.jpg[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

77… 78’ISH

CountZero

While digging through the basket that had the photo in I posted a while back I found loads of photos with me, my parents, and their siblings and my cousins, aunts, uncles, gran and grandad, etc.
    Here’s me with my folks in the garden of the house I grew up in, I guess six months old:

I know I’m three in this one, it’s dated:

The dog is Trixie, the pet I grew up with, she was fifteen when she died, I was thirteen when my dad died

I was three in this photo, no idea where it was taken

Same house, still three years old, on my dad’s Frances-Barnett 125; oddly enough, it’s my kid brother who grew up to be a biker, bought his first one the day he was legally able to ride.
    Perhaps I might have, if the bike had remained in the family after my dad died, or he’d lived…

jkomo

No camera in our house either, I have one photo of me as a child.
    A real shame as I had a great childhood.

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘I only have one picture of me as a kid’ is closed to new replies.